Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A colleague ordered the iX3 4 weeks after me with a 12 month lead time and they have received confirmation that the car will be arriving next week, registration confirmed also. I have asked my company to look at my options and a possible cancellation of another vehicle so that I can cancel the Tesla
Its pure chance. Some colleagues have ordered BMWs and had the order extended beyond a year and then cancelled because BMW cant say when they will be able to make the car ordered. Other companies have raised the price on the car during the order leadtime. Another colleague ordered an M3 LR in March and received it in April (from Tesla, not lease stock). Even the car companies cant control their supply chains at the moment, all you can do is go in a queue and wait. Just like at the supermarket, choosing the shorter queue doesnt always work 🙄

Mine is leased and I received mine in advance of loads of other people who were cash buyers.

Not disagreeing with you as such, but I don't think it's got much to do with cash buyers versus lease.

I've been following this for a good 6 months now, buying a Tesla is genuinely like participating in the worlds most expensive raffle.

You buy a ticket, for ~£50k, and then wait for your number to be pulled out of a hat. It's laughably frustrating, indeed, but I would argue it's worth the wait.
Very good way to put it, I think I may have to wait for the Tesla, the most frustrating thing is I agreed to step down into a full electric Hyundai Kona(bright green) in the mean time!

Reactions: LoneRanger
Mine is leased and I received mine in advance of loads of other people who were cash buyers.

Not disagreeing with you as such, but I don't think it's got much to do with cash buyers versus lease.

I've been following this for a good 6 months now, buying a Tesla is genuinely like participating in the worlds most expensive raffle.

You buy a ticket, for ~£50k, and then wait for your number to be pulled out of a hat. It's laughably frustrating, indeed, but I would argue it's worth the wait.
Can't agree more; however, I ordered exactly same date as you, same spec except Sport alloys.

Car came in 6 weeks, as per sig.

Mine was standard Tesla PCP with £5k deposit most covered from their excellent trade-in valuation at the time.

Deffo cancellation.

Perfect car so far...

Should have bought a Euromillions ticket too🤞

Pure luck and good fortune

Not good news for me this morning, EDD has been pushed back to December. Really frustrating, I would not have ordered the car if I knew I would be waiting this long! The only reason I ordered the Tesla was because it had the shortest lead time, wishing I would have gone for the iX3 now
Sorry to hear man. I ordered the same spec in March and, after reading your post, am happy that I made the switch to the Y (though I know this is of no consolation to you at all!).

It sucks, with Y's being so much more profitable and popular, Tesla are certainly prioritising them over 3's. Just wait for the September registration #s to come through, Y's will be near the top.

Just hang in there I say.

OMG i got my VIN! The model y somewhat appearing in the App. Got an email from Tesla telling me that Zen have granted me access to be the driver

The car is constantly connecting in the app though. I guess just to wait on delivery.

It is a June 22 registered car so I assume it's already in the UK and it shouldn't take 4 weeks to deliver as it said........ Right?

It is frustrating, do other manufacturers have a similar EDD practice ... I don't know. There have been suggestions that lease hasn't been favoured this time around, and also if the pictures have been anything to go by, of cars on the dock in Shanghai, most of the cars seem to be white with black and grey making up the rest ...
Lease or individual purchase makes no difference to Tesla. Cash purchasers and bulk lease orders all pay the same amount on delivery. Lease companies bulk order in numbers the anticipate they can shift, if they miscalculate then some of their customers have to wait for their next bulk delivery.

Reactions: LoneRanger
Difficult to say from the photos but this looks very close to a similar type of contamination that used to be common locally. The overnight output from the local oil refinery regularly left shiny irregular spots all over the paintwork. The only way to remove it was to polish it out, but it does polish out with relatively little effort. It’s worth a try and if it is, then it’s probably local air pollution or something that occurred during shipping.
Tesla guy tried with a bottle of some cleaner and a cloth on one but but it didn’t make any difference. I’d imagine it would need to be cut back a bit at least but hopefully they’ll sort it out

SO GUTTED:
last EDD arrived a min ago:

Estimated Delivery: November 04 - December 29

so they asked for my trade-in 2 days ago and now they send me to the 4Q :(

the only weird stuff is according to DISTILL, it exactly at same time than on the 12th of august when it became TBD. let hope they will rechange something soon