Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I just found out that my order has slipped from Q3 to Q4.

I'd ordered a MY AWD Midnight Silver/Black on 6th April through a leasing company. The original EDD was 30th September it's now moved to 12th December.

Naturally, I'm disappointed. But what can you do...

Hi,

Just an update on my previous post where it sounded like my order may have slipped to Q4.

I'm pleased to say that I now have a VIN, reg plate and a home delivery date of 22nd September!

I've officially pressed the "time to get excited" button.

I am still really struggling to understand how my car has been pushed back yet again, it’s really poor to think I ordered in January and I will wait almost a year, especially after being given a lead time of 8 weeks from ordering.

I am seriously considering my options, I really don’t want to cancel but how can I believe that it will come in December? Tesla really don’t seem to care and I think it’s poor, my only other option at this point is the Kia EV6 GT - line S with an ETA of Jan/Feb which I feel will be met.

For anyone who's had home delivery, how does that work? How far in advance do they let you know of a more specific time slot? So far I've only been given an 8am-8pm window by Tesla, and they've said I'll be informed when the driver is on their way
I would really like to know the answer to this my home delivery is due 29th September. But all Tesla told me is the same window (8am-8pm)

Is anyone else still stuck with the "Trade in Valuation in Progress" message still showing with a Confirmed Delivery Appointment of 28 Sept or earlier. It's now 29 days to collection and all Tesla will say is you should get your valuation "in the coming days"!
Well it seems as though you have your answer ..just need to be patient for a few days and then if you have not received consider escalating .at this time with truncated deliveries the Tesla team will have a lot going on. My understanding is that they changed their policy re trade ins and these are now not provided until within the 30 day window to delivery.

Is anyone else still stuck with the "Trade in Valuation in Progress" message still showing with a Confirmed Delivery Appointment of 28 Sept or earlier. It's now 29 days to collection and all Tesla will say is you should get your valuation "in the coming days"!
Have you tried WBAC, Motorway and Carwow as alternatives? I beat the estimated values by a couple of k when advertising through motorway and carwow. Remarkably hassle free. Sold through motorway in the end.

Have you tried WBAC, Motorway and Carwow as alternatives? I beat the estimated values by a couple of k when advertising through motorway and carwow. Remarkably hassle free. Sold through motorway in the end.
I would also throw sellcar into the mix, sold my A5 through them and was really easy, don’t have to deal with tyre kickers and viewings they just come, check the vehicle and give you a valuation then get bids on your behalf (in my case they were here less than an hour) they were thorough checking the vehicle but don’t nitpick on prices gave me 4k more than WBAC

Out of curiosity, is it possible to get higher selling price than the initial valuation those companies give you at the start of the process? When I had a chat with Carwow earlier this week it sounded as if they kind of put a cap (initial valuation range online) on the final selling price which then drives the offers you get from dealers…

Sorry got another question 🤣 looking at car insurance should this be ticked yes as tesla's have a built in tracking. Or do they mean something else?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220831-085407_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220831-085407_Samsung Internet.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 52
Sorry got another question 🤣 looking at car insurance should this be ticked yes as tesla's have a built in tracking. Or do they mean something else?
I think you would need to confirm with the individual insurers after the comparison as some do some don’t, strictly speaking the Tesla tracker is easily defeated and not Thatcham approved