Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was also told you could pull out before accepting the winning offer, but didn't know that you can hold on to the car until the payment clears.
it wasn’t that I could hold off, more that when I contacted the dealer they explained that they could do an instant transfer of funds and that their driver was happy to hold on until it cleared. Think most of the dealers using Motorway do the same but they do cover themselves saying that it could be next day. As the driver was actually driving my car away rather than it being on a low loader I would have wanted upfront payment just in case he crashed / scratched it on his way back.

Reactions: kcrane
Going back to the Insurance topic (yay, I hear everyone shout)...

I just did a comparison quote for 3 weeks' time on my collection day, it's £1023 as a one-off or £1150 over 12 monthly payments with Hastings Direct. Seems my best option.

I've saved the quote, but it says in the email that this price can change at any time when I revisit. Are people just going ahead and scheduling/paying for the insurance now (2-3 weeks ahead)?

The thing is, I'm with Hastings already, and will trade in my current car on the same day (via Tesla, I'm not quite 100% decided on that, but likely so).
So does that mean I should phone and request a policy change tomorrow, to take effect on 21st Sept?

(sorry, have never done this before outside of regular renewals).

PS; I chose the lowest option for alarm/immobiliser, is that fair? (and chose 'no' to tracker).

View attachment 847578

Thanks!
Ring them and tell them your changing your car on the collection date. The new one will start from that day and the old car will finish at the end of that day.

Reactions: _Dave_
Yeah, I think it's a combo of my job title and the postcode - plus, I have 3 points on my license, which'll do it I guess. I've driven for 21yrs, have 20yrs no claims, but I went 60 in a 50mph stretch during some congestion on the M25 last year :'(

I had no plans to get a Tesla back then, but I wish I'd done the speeding course now and taken the fine, haha!

Another funny thing, I just edited the quote and changed my wife's info (she's on the policy too. 20yrs experience, no claims or convictions). She's literally just accepted a job which she'll start in a few weeks, so I changed it from personal driving only, to include commuting (I mean, 10mins up the road twice a week...), and added her new job title (from Unemployed) and the quote is now £903 :D

I was bracing for an increase again. I've been getting £1200 consistently for the last few weeks, so I'll take this as a win.
Out of interest, I set it to £400 voluntary, is that about right? thank you!
Stunt driver doesn’t do you any favours when it comes to insurance. Glad it’s coming down for you now. I’ve set my voluntary at 300 for my quotes coming in under 600. Hoping with my reg number comes soon so QMH can finally update my X3 insurance to the Tesla and remain my best option.

It’s going to rain quite a lot over next week. So I expect the acidic rain the rattle the paintwork a little
I hope not 😳.I’d have thought the paint is that much resilient to the weather even at this early stage especially in this day & age, but there are again I wouldn’t be able to do much about it if I had the car in my possession as it is going to be parked exposed to the weather any way and I am not planning to do any ad on paint protection…

I hope not 😳.I’d have thought the paint is that much resilient to the weather even at this early stage especially in this day & age, but there are again I wouldn’t be able to do much about it if I had the car in my possession as it is going to be parked exposed to the weather any way and I am not planning to do any ad on paint protection…
You won’t need to, like 95% of the cars on the UK market the paint will be fine

it wasn’t that I could hold off, more that when I contacted the dealer they explained that they could do an instant transfer of funds and that their driver was happy to hold on until it cleared. Think most of the dealers using Motorway do the same but they do cover themselves saying that it could be next day. As the driver was actually driving my car away rather than it being on a low loader I would have wanted upfront payment just in case he crashed / scratched it on his way back.

Fair enough. WBAC don’t pay you on the spot for a high value car, I got the payment cleared into my account the next day.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Very excited for this picking up this month!

Please do share pictures and pickup experiences!
Maybe some general helpful tips would be good also!

If this is your first Tesla, its very different other brands.

Its a case of turn up, show your license, sign a tablet and your given the keys. If your trading in, handover V5c and they note the mileage. As I was trading in another Tesla they didn't even look at the car.

It is then a case of you finding your car and inspecting it. I collected from Staines and as it was a quiet day (seemingly) the staff were happy to walk you round if necessary but as this is No2 for me, i left the staff to it.

Some where on this site is a comprehensive check list if you want something to run down - as you may forget in the excitement of the day.

Before you head off be sure to switch your car out of chill and let the fun begin.....

Can anyone help with my potential Southampton dilemma please?

if I abort the Tesla trade in I’m trying to weigh up train + walk / Uber to docks vs borrow mrs‘ car, park in Southampton, walk or Uber to docks, Tesla home, pick up mrs, back to S’ham, rescue mrs’ car, Tesla home again!

Train would be 2-3 hours vs 90 min drive

Can anyone help with my potential Southampton dilemma please?

if I abort the Tesla trade in I’m trying to weigh up train + walk / Uber to docks vs borrow mrs‘ car, park in Southampton, walk or Uber to docks, Tesla home, pick up mrs, back to S’ham, rescue mrs’ car, Tesla home again!

Train would be 2-3 hours vs 90 min drive

Andy what you after? distance from train depot to pickup? its about a 15 mins walk.