Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All is good with the browser check, quick search for LRW in source code, right now, shows VIN quite clearly in the correct place before the RN.

API doesn’t show a vin when following the link in the Tesla Update so likely a bug/glitch.

All other docs appear in account so stand down all👍

EDIT: yes it is the lending agreement. For PCP customers there will be no final invoice.
Just check the source code, and you are right, the VIN is still there...
Interestingly, this link still does not display hidden VIN from yesterday on (it did before): https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders

Thanks

For those waiting for reg and vin txts, similar to an earlier post, I phoned about something else yesterday but asked about the expected timeline for this. They said these go out in batches but checked my account anyway and saw I had a reg assigned so pinged the txt there and then.

For those of you waiting on an Identity Check via Microsoft Teams video call (believe it’s only for those having home delivery) :

So just had mine and all done. Literally just confirming delivery date, delivery location and showing driving license and license number.

I’m guessing it’s because unlike those who collect their vehicles and have their license checked on the spot, we don’t have any point of contact other than a courier who will just drop off the vehicle where they’re told to.

Opportunity for questions at the end in which I asked for my reg (as I hadn’t yet received my text) and it was sent to me on the spot via text, he even made sure I’d received it before ending the call.

Overall literally lasts 2-3 minutes

Reactions: _Dave_ and Toppyawe
Ordered Jan 14th - new EDD of 31/12

Tesla trying their best to take me over a year wait.

Original date was May. Will think hard about giving up on Tesla and changing my order..

Attachments

• IMG-20220902-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20220902-WA0004.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: MashinBenzin
Hi all,

Firstly forgive me for asking what I am sure is asked thousand times per day. I did look through this post but it's 744 pages long and hard to find an answer.

I ordered a LR Model Y in May through a leasing company for my business.

I got a text confirmation from Tesla with an order ref on the 17th of May, but since then have not heard a thing.

Is there anyway to get any kind of date, expected or otherwise.

The leasing company say Tesla does it their own way and even the leasing company doesn't get told when it might be.

Is there any way to find out? I am on hold with Tesla customer service at the moment, but have been for about 30 mins so far

Hi all,

Firstly forgive me for asking what I am sure is asked thousand times per day. I did look through this post but it's 744 pages long and hard to find an answer.

I got a text confirmation from Tesla with an order ref on the 17th of May, but since then have not heard a thing.

The leasing company say Tesla does it their own way and even the leasing company doesn't get told when it might be.

Is there any way to find out? I am on hold with Tesla customer service at the moment, but have been for about 30 mins so far

In short speaking with customer services at tesla is a waste of time

They don’t know anymore than what most of us know from this forum. I’d argue that Mr M in the shipping thread knows way more than majority of the UK employees at tesla.

Reactions: TesAJ and MYless

They don’t know anymore than what most of us know from this forum. I’d argue that Mr M in the shipping thread knows way more than majority of the UK employees at tesla.
I am assuming who ever Mr M is doesn't want everyone in the world messaging him asking what he knows and if he can help?

Hi all,

Get your RN from your lease company and the Tesla live chat with give you an update on your order.

Reactions: MYless and JOL1
I am assuming who ever Mr M is doesn't want everyone in the world messaging him asking what he knows and if he can help?

Essentially tesla will give you a generic response of “your EDD is xxxx”

The EDD is subject to many changes along the way, so unless you plan on calling on a weekly basis you won’t be able to keep up with any possible changes.

In my experience the best thing to do is keep an eye on the forums and make a mental note of others who ordered around the same time or just before: Chances are when they begin receiving vins yours won’t be far behind.

For those of you waiting on an Identity Check via Microsoft Teams video call (believe it’s only for those having home delivery) :

So just had mine and all done. Literally just confirming delivery date, delivery location and showing driving license and license number.

I’m guessing it’s because unlike those who collect their vehicles and have their license checked on the spot, we don’t have any point of contact other than a courier who will just drop off the vehicle where they’re told to.

Opportunity for questions at the end in which I asked for my reg (as I hadn’t yet received my text) and it was sent to me on the spot via text, he even made sure I’d received it before ending the call.

Overall literally lasts 2-3 minutes
That’s great to know. Someone asked about this recently and it was the first time most of us had heard about it, so was viewed with suspicion (possible phishing attempt) but good to hear it’s just Tesla doing things a little differently (for delivery peeps).

Reactions: H15EEA

Not very helpful for this guys reasonable request. Mr M is knowledgeable for sure but will not be able to add any value to the EDD for a specific order. Its only tesla and(or) the Leasing Company who can have visibility

Edit: I now see that Tesla have been able to assist this customer who now has a car on the way

Last edited:
Not very helpful for this guys reasonable request. Mr M is knowledgeable for sure but will not be able to add any value to the EDD for a specific order. Its only tesla and(or) the Leasing Company who can have visibility

Edit: I now see that Tesla have been able to assist this customer who now has a car on the way

There are people who are constantly calling tesla rep’s asking for information they don’t have (or info that turns out to be extremely unreliable)

EDD’s for most of us are unreliable… some have the luck of the Irish and appear to be getting regular deliveries 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Do lease companies really not send you VIN’s a week out from delivery?

Reactions: JOL1
There are people who are constantly calling tesla rep’s asking for information they don’t have (or info that turns out to be extremely unreliable)

EDD’s for most of us are unreliable… some have the luck of the Irish and appear to be getting regular deliveries 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: Do lease companies really not send you VIN’s a week out from delivery?
I hear what you are saying about people calling Tesla. However in this case they had ordered in May and not heard anything. Contacting Tesla was evidently the right thing to do.

Reactions: MYless and partywme
That’s great to know. Someone asked about this recently and it was the first time most of us had heard about it, so was viewed with suspicion (possible phishing attempt) but good to hear it’s just Tesla doing things a little differently (for delivery peeps).

That's interesting, I have a delivery booked 13th and have the text with VIN and REG mid August, no text for an identity check though. Maybe for later deliveries? Anyone having a check with a car on Companion?