Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's frustrating. The first person I spoke to quoted GDPR, but after some persistence with the next agent, they gave me some info.
Maybe they're getting fed up of us all chasing up, knowing the RCC Europe is imminent.
Hope your car is on board!
I am a direct customer and I didn't get any more information either on Tesla Chat. They just said my EDD is it and I may get matched with car by the end of October or not.

Reactions: BladNort
I can understand people are excited to get delivery updates but an understanding of how Tesla operate may help in managing expectations.

Direct Orders
  • Customers receive a Reservation Number immediately following placing the order
  • estimated Dwelivery Dates "EDD's" are are just that "Estimates" and can move in either direction so best to regard them as getting you into the ballpark.
  • Once you are soft matched by Tesla, it's a good sign and usually means that a specific car has been matched to your order. At this stage the VIN is often discoverable through the back door, but Tesla do not advise you of this. At this stage contact with Tesla often results in some positive soundings, but will not usually be heavy on specifics. I feel sure they have a policy of not being allowed to tell customers anything definite about firm delivery dates, VIN etc but depending on who you get it can be reassuring (particularly if you have already found a hidden VIN.
  • The allocation of hidden VIN usually happens when cars are on the high seas and in transit from Shanghai (4 week voyage time to Europe) .
  • Tesla advise customers by SMS of a car being allocated and to await further details (maybe 3 weeks before pickup)
  • Tesla confirm delivery appointment and give a few options clustered over a 2 to 3 day period for the customer to select (usually around 2 weeks before actual delivery).
  • VIN and Registration Numbers are usually only formally provided by Tesla a few days before delivery.
Lease Orders
  • Tesla's contract is with the Lease Company and not the individual which explains a lot. As a consequence VINS are not normally discoverable in the clients Tesla account and information must be sourced through the Lease Company. This create a lot of comment/disappointment as traffic on the forum increases from direct purchasers when hidden VINS are discoverable, leaving lease clients feeling hard done by.
  • Tesla have a policy of not being able to given information directly to Lease customers, no least because of GDPR restrictions.(its the law) Some people do manage to navigate beyond this barrier and get a very helpful Tesla Adviser to share some information but should not be presumed .
  • The process with Lease customers seems not as predictable or transparent.
The above is usually understood by most on the forum but may be helpful to new members.

Good luck to all!

I can understand people are excited to get delivery updates but an understanding of how Tesla operate may help in managing expectations.

Direct Orders
  • Customers receive a Reservation Number immediately following placing the order
  • estimated Dwelivery Dates "EDD's" are are just that "Estimates" and can move in either direction so best to regard them as getting you into the ballpark.
  • Once you are soft matched by Tesla, it's a good sign and usually means that a specific car has been matched to your order. At this stage the VIN is often discoverable through the back door, but Tesla do not advise you of this. At this stage contact with Tesla often results in some positive soundings, but will not usually be heavy on specifics. I feel sure they have a policy of not being allowed to tell customers anything definite about firm delivery dates, VIN etc but depending on who you get it can be reassuring (particularly if you have already found a hidden VIN.
  • The allocation of hidden VIN usually happens when cars are on the high seas and in transit from Shanghai (4 week voyage time to Europe) .
  • Tesla advise customers by SMS of a car being allocated and to await further details (maybe 3 weeks before pickup)
  • Tesla confirm delivery appointment and give a few options clustered over a 2 to 3 day period for the customer to select (usually around 2 weeks before actual delivery).
  • VIN and Registration Numbers are usually only formally provided by Tesla a few days before delivery.
Lease Orders
  • Tesla's contract is with the Lease Company and not the individual which explains a lot. As a consequence VINS are not normally discoverable in the clients Tesla account and information must be sourced through the Lease Company. This create a lot of comment/disappointment as traffic on the forum increases from direct purchasers when hidden VINS are discoverable, leaving lease clients feeling hard done by.
  • Tesla have a policy of not being able to given information directly to Lease customers, no least because of GDPR restrictions.(its the law) Some people do manage to navigate beyond this barrier and get a very helpful Tesla Adviser to share some information but should not be presumed .
  • The process with Lease customers seems not as predictable or transparent.
The above is usually understood by most on the forum but may be helpful to new members.

Good luck to all!
Hi JOL1. Thanks for this. What do you mean by a ‘soft match’? How would one know if this has happened? Thanks!

Thank you

I have the RN as Tesla text it to me after order was received. So that part is fine.

I am more interested what is likely to happen in my Tesla account, I don't have a car or order showing in there. do you? And i guess if there is no car there, we won't get a hidden VIN either...

I am hoping to get a text this week as Tesla said to expect one
Unfortunately, Tesla wasn't provided my number, so I haven't gotten any of the texts. I have contacted Arval since and they should be updating Tesla now. I have the RN number though but I had to get that by asking Tesla using my e-mail address. I was told once Arval update my phone number on the account I should be able to get my VIN through text. Have you tried calling Tesla and asking for the VIN? I was told mine is already allocated a VIN and as yours is in the same batch, so should yours.

Hi JOL1. Thanks for this. What do you mean by a ‘soft match’? How would one know if this has happened? Thanks!
Its terminology that Tesla use when they can see a car is provisionally assigned to a specific order (most likely also when the hidden VIN gets added to source code on your Tesla online account). In case you are unsure how to check for Hidden Vin try downloading this specific app its a user friendly way to check if a VIN as been assigned in the background,

Its terminology that Tesla use when they can see a car is provisionally assigned to a specific order (most likely also when the hidden VIN gets added to source code on your Tesla online account). In case you are unsure how to check for Hidden Vin try downloading this specific app its a user friendly way to check if a VIN as been assigned in the background,

Thank you.

Reactions: JOL1
Had this message on live chat with Tesla Today - making me feel a little more optimistic that I could get my delivery in Q4.
Hope so.

1666959887326.png

Had this message on live chat with Tesla Today - making me feel a little more optimistic that I could get my delivery in Q4.
Hope so.

View attachment 868400
Don't know if we should read too much into this. I got the same message verbatim. Not sure if this is the boiler plate template they use for everyone, or just for those close to allocation. When pushed, the TA didn't really give me anything more concrete.