Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the text today to book the slot for collection. Clicked it immediately and only three days to choose from. I thought the delivery/collection window was supposed to be seven days 🤷‍♂️

Not a problem though. Booked the slot and a half day off work. Does anyone really think I'd want to go back into work after collection? 🤣

Which delivery date range did you receive out of curiosity? Appears you had a short timeframe between allocation to receiving delivery text. Are you a private order? Curious because everyone's order/delivery process is so different!

Hi,

I’m after a bit of advice - I’m having difficulty getting accepted for a PCP or Lease for my order (due to collect on 3rd Dec). Seems there is something odd on my credit file which I’ve raised with Experian and I don’t hold out much hope of them rectifying any time soon.

As a result, my mother in law has offered to get the PCP in her name, however, this means changing the name and details of my order to her (as the credit name needs to match the owner of the vehicle).

I’ve emailed the sales team and they’ve come back to tell me it’s not possible and I’d have to cancel my order and my mother in law would need to order and wait for a vehicle to be assigned.

Whilst I understand that this process is in place to stop people from jumping the queue, it’s rather frustrating that I will lose my current order that I’ve waited for since July.

Does anyone have any advice or creative ideas?!

Which delivery date range did you receive out of curiosity? Appears you had a short timeframe between allocation to receiving delivery text. Are you a private order? Curious because everyone's order/delivery process is so different!
Mine is a private order. Placed the order on the 2nd October.

Before I ordered, I asked Tesla which colour(s) on the LR had the shortest lead time. They told me White and Black. So, I ordered a Black one.

Overall, it'll be about eight weeks from order to collection for me. I know a lot of people have been waiting a lot longer but I think that's all down to Tesla just making cars and trying to match it to someone instead of making cars to order. By going with the more commonly made ones, I had a shorter wait. (That's my understanding anyway - I could be wrong and got a cancellation)

Reactions: nrushforth
Hi,

I’m after a bit of advice - I’m having difficulty getting accepted for a PCP or Lease for my order (due to collect on 3rd Dec). Seems there is something odd on my credit file which I’ve raised with Experian and I don’t hold out much hope of them rectifying any time soon.

As a result, my mother in law has offered to get the PCP in her name, however, this means changing the name and details of my order to her (as the credit name needs to match the owner of the vehicle).

I’ve emailed the sales team and they’ve come back to tell me it’s not possible and I’d have to cancel my order and my mother in law would need to order and wait for a vehicle to be assigned.

Whilst I understand that this process is in place to stop people from jumping the queue, it’s rather frustrating that I will lose my current order that I’ve waited for since July.

Perhaps your MIL could take out a loan with the bank/building society instead of using the Tesla finance options?

Futhermore, she doesn't give you the money (potential tax implications), instead she does the BACS payment to Tesla for your car.

Hi,

Have you spoken to Tesla about your options? Would increasing the PCP deposit change the acceptance? They would be getting more money upfront so lower risk.

Reactions: Millenium101
Would anyone like to guess at what ship my MY is on? Details in my footer but found hidden VIN on 01/11 and had 'your arrival date is being calculated' txt on 02/11. I'm quite relaxed about that fact it's finally coming but realise I have my existing car to sell - and possibly in only a few weeks!

Bearing in mind I found the VIN and had the first text this week but my EDD is 24/11 - 9/12 do we think Summit or Europe? I'm trying to work out how quickly I need to sort out selling my existing car. Also, does anyone know if I can now ask for a part ex price?

Would anyone like to guess at what ship my MY is on? Details in my footer but found hidden VIN on 01/11 and had 'your arrival date is being calculated' txt on 02/11. I'm quite relaxed about that fact it's finally coming but realise I have my existing car to sell - and possibly in only a few weeks!

Bearing in mind I found the VIN and had the first text this week but my EDD is 24/11 - 9/12 do we think Summit or Europe? I'm trying to work out how quickly I need to sort out selling my existing car. Also, does anyone know if I can now ask for a part ex price?

You’ve got all the same dates as me. I’m predicting this is all from RCC Europe. I also have a car to move on.

Reactions: mattdav
Update. Got a text today asking for updated mileage. Replied with it, and got a revised trade-in value within an hour, which I've accepted.
Same. But my valuation runs out 5th December. And my EDD is 5th to 19th dec. Spoke to Tesla and they advised not to accept as while I have a car on its way it has yet to be confirmed. As I still don't have a set delivery date or Vin. Only a "Delivery date is being calculated"
Are you in the same boat?

Just on the off chance I decided to reply to the “get ready” text I received on 31/10, I just said”any news” got an immediate reply asking me to schedule a collection date between 7-14 December, naturally I said 7th December, only for her to reply, “sorry, I’ve just been told you’ll have to wait for the automated text offering me dates for collection” 😂😂😂😂😂

Same. But my valuation runs out 5th December. And my EDD is 5th to 19th dec. Spoke to Tesla and they advised not to accept as while I have a car on its way it has yet to be confirmed. As I still don't have a set delivery date or Vin. Only a "Delivery date is being calculated"
Are you in the same boat?
Same expiry date. My EDD is Nov 24-Dec 9, so I took a punt on it. In any case, my valuation was only reduced by £50 from the one I got in March so I'm not too worried if I need another one if my car comes between the 6th and 9th. Although of course the EDD may well change again. All part of the fun :)