Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same expiry date. My EDD is Nov 24-Dec 9, so I took a punt on it. In any case, my valuation was only reduced by £50 from the one I got in March so I'm not too worried if I need another one if my car comes between the 6th and 9th. Although of course the EDD may well change again. All part of the fun :)
Did your edd move after you'd excepted the trade in price? Have you got a delivery schedule? Or anything else that would suggest it's around the corner. I'm in two minds. If I delay accepting the offer will I delay the order. If I accept - will they have to resissue me a new offer in 4 weeks that is lower.

The guy on the phone said all my payment info had been completed so he's not sure why the trade-in was sent out. Unless we get a delivery schedule text on Monday ( as that will be 7 days from the last one)

Anyone else in the same boat?

Did your edd move after you'd excepted the trade in price? Have you got a delivery schedule? Or anything else that would suggest it's around the corner.
EDD didn't change. No delivery date as yet, but as they'd previously told me they wouldn't update my trade-in until it was 30 days or less from a firm EDD, I'm taking that as the suggestion it's round the corner.

Reactions: Lddex
EDD didn't change. No delivery date as yet, but as they'd previously told me they wouldn't update my trade-in until it was 30 days or less from a firm EDD, I'm taking that as the suggestion it's round the corner.
thats what i was told too. keep us informed. h guy on the phone was vague if i had a match. then said you have a car its just not been confirmed. so not sure what ship my car will be on.

Hi,

I’m after a bit of advice - I’m having difficulty getting accepted for a PCP or Lease for my order (due to collect on 3rd Dec). Seems there is something odd on my credit file which I’ve raised with Experian and I don’t hold out much hope of them rectifying any time soon.

As a result, my mother in law has offered to get the PCP in her name, however, this means changing the name and details of my order to her (as the credit name needs to match the owner of the vehicle).

I’ve emailed the sales team and they’ve come back to tell me it’s not possible and I’d have to cancel my order and my mother in law would need to order and wait for a vehicle to be assigned.

Whilst I understand that this process is in place to stop people from jumping the queue, it’s rather frustrating that I will lose my current order that I’ve waited for since July.

Does anyone have any advice or creative ideas?!
Not sure if you managed to sort this, but you (or your MIL) can try other banks for PCP, I know Halifax does it. You can change the order to 3rd party finance.

Bit of a random one and apologies if this is not the right forum for this question. Does anyone know if you can ask Tesla not to mount the front number plate? I'd like to use a stick-on number plate. Most people who do this take the supplied number plate off, and then have to fill in the two holes that have been made in the bumper before sticking the plate on.

Just wondering if I can ask them not to screw into the front bumper of my new car!

Thanks - the issue is that the finance (whether that’s 3rd party or Tesla) must be in the same name as the order. Tesla have confirmed that the name of the order cannot be changed.
But 3rd party finance can provide finance to your mil when you are the registered keeper and the one making order. It's something you need to tell the 3rd party. Just search online on the topic. I'm sure it's possible as much as I know, but if you already explored and the a dead end then sorry about it. All the best

But 3rd party finance can provide finance to your mil when you are the registered keeper and the one making order. It's something you need to tell the 3rd party. Just search online on the topic. I'm sure it's possible as much as I know, but if you already explored and the a dead end then sorry about it. All the best
From what I’ve been told by Forza Finance, it’s considered ‘fronting’ which is illegal.

Bit of a random one and apologies if this is not the right forum for this question. Does anyone know if you can ask Tesla not to mount the front number plate? I'd like to use a stick-on number plate. Most people who do this take the supplied number plate off, and then have to fill in the two holes that have been made in the bumper before sticking the plate on.

Just wondering if I can ask them not to screw into the front bumper of my new car!

They might use adhesive these days rather than screws (but not sure)

Don’t worry about it.
I did this with mine and the holes on the front are too small to make a difference to a vinyl stick on plate

My EDD has been 23/11 - 9/12 for almost a month now and as each day goes by looks less and less likely. I am hoping we see another UK ship in the next few days, otherwise this is not going to be achievable. I know EDDs are a piece of fiction but I would rather know now if this is going to be Q4 delivery or push to Q1 2023.

My EDD has been 23/11 - 9/12 for almost a month now and as each day goes by looks less and less likely. I am hoping we see another UK ship in the next few days, otherwise this is not going to be achievable. I know EDDs are a piece of fiction but I would rather know now if this is going to be Q4 delivery or push to Q1 2023.

I take it you’ve not yet had a VIN in source code? Summit and Europe are en route…

I take it you’ve not yet had a VIN in source code? Summit and Europe are en route…
Nope. Nothing. I was hoping I would have had one from one of them. The ironic part is that my exact spec was in new inventory last week. You would have thought it would have been matched as opposed to put into inventory. Tesla’s car allocation algorithm leaves a lot to the imagination!!!!