Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20.7. Had to agree to a load of driving data sharing and other autopilot stuff so I guess this is a good sign regarding the UK roll out of FSD beta at some point.
Either that or they had a rather large data breach and need something for the regulator.

I've mentioned it elsewhere but I guess the FSD Beta stack might only be used for the new Crossing Traffic Auotmatic Emergency Braking.

I’m probably one of the few on 2023.20.6.
Last couple of days, when I drive off, I’ve got five bars of 3G but network unavailable for Spotify.
It comes back after a mile or so.
I done my reset as normal after an update. I’m guessing it’s a bug

Yeah, mine just put on 20.7 also.

I think it'll still be a long way off for FSD Beta for the UK or any country outside of the US. I suspect they will be using all their training compute to continue to improve it in the US, once it gets to a point they are satisfied with it they can start to focus on other countries. Not only that but they might then have the processing power to start training based on data from other countries.

Of course until the laws also relax to allow them to turn the steering wheel enough for instance, there's also not that much point for here.

They can of course use it for things in EAP which are missing in cars without USS. That I suspect will be the main reason to have the occupancy network running in other countries.

Also been offered the update. Does any of the FSD stack combining affect normal auto pilot in anyway?
I strongly suspect the answer is no. At the moment, as far as anyone knows, the only thing it means is that if you are in North America and you've paid for FSD then you can enable FSD Beta via a toggle in settings, rather than the old button that triggered an (eventual) new download of a dedicated FSD Beta firmware version.

I certainly hope that at some point over the coming months they will start to use some of the new neural nets they've developed for FSD to make regular autopilot better - but at the moment that's not what this is about. And while I'm hopeful that that will start to happen sooner rather than later, it's also possible we will have to wait for FSD 12 before that happens 🤷‍♂️

20.7 comes with new toggles for data sharing which they say is to allow the development of FSD. That;s been seen here and I believe it has also been seen in Australia. The US software sites are saying that 20.7 there merges FSDb into the poduction software -- to date FSDb has been hosted(?) in an alternative software branch. To me, this leads to the logical inference that they are now starting to run FSDb on cars in the UK and Australia in Shadow Mode. Instead of controlling the car, the FSDb software will be comparing what it would do with what the driver actually does, and this information will be sent back to help train RHD and UK specific nets.

We know from Twitter leaks and from job adverts that they have been running a UK FSDb in a limited number of vehicles, presumably to catch and correct the really big problems. This is going to extend the testing much more widely.

Anyway, 20.7 is now in so I'll see what happens in the morning.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Of course until the laws also relax to allow them to turn the steering wheel enough for instance, there's also not that much point for here.

Nothing to do with the laws/regs, just Teslas current implementation of not slowing the car before it exceeds the reasonably defined lateral limits. Should be fixed in single stack/city streets but I’ll believe that on UK roads when I see that.

Nothing to do with the laws/regs, just Teslas current implementation of not slowing the car before it exceeds the reasonably defined lateral limits. Should be fixed in single stack/city streets but I’ll believe that on UK roads when I see that.
Not sure they are reasonably defined as I've had Autopilot on A / B roads start to head out of a lane because it doesn't turn the wheel enough where you can easily make it at the speed being travelled. Yes of course as you say if they slow it down then it would work in current regs but it'll start to hold up traffic because it'll be going slower than a human would on those corners.