Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be some different behaviour regarding updates (for me anyway)...currently on 2023.20.4.1 and as of yesterday (July 13th) the car hadn't checked for updates since June 28th (preference set to 'Advanced'). It's been connected to the mobile network all this time (as proven by live traffic) but not wi-fi. In the past I always got notified an update was available either in the car or via the app, occasionally noticing it on TeslaMate, at which point I moved the wi-fi extender to install the upgrade.

Something different seems to be happening now, thought maybe it's not checking for updates unless connected to wi-fi but just connected it and the car still last checked in June.

But, I'd expect TeslaMate would know an update was available irrespective of whether the car is connected to anything, or asleep, as presumably it communicates directly with the server.

Very odd, but doesn't seem like I've missed much.
I had the same. Stuck on a date in June as last checked but then .7 was pushed overnight late Friday. As it usually the case with Tesla, you just have to wait…

Likewise. I would find it useful if the app notified me that there was a download pending.

The app used to do this for me, and tell me to connect to wi-fi to download it, but this is the thing that seems to have changed, so if you think there might be an update on the way then connect the car to wi-fi for an hour or two.

In the past I've occasionally first noticed an update is available on TeslaMate when the car's been asleep for long periods, but this didn't happen recently, either.

Reactions: Adopado
It’s depressing to think that this is never going to work, just because of UN ECE regulations that stipulates that you cannot remote control over the air over a 6ft distance from the car.
So even if it was to work perfectly in the US by FSDb 12 or « Actually Smart Summon », we’ll never have in on our shores unless there’s a dramatic change in regulations here, which is unlikely.

Has summon stopped working for anyone else? Seems to be completely broken on both of my cars
This isn't an opt in function on the new data sharing agreement, is it?

My car updated to 20.7 in the middle of the Baltic Sea. Weary eyed at 6.45am when we were about to depart, I rushed through the options, only selecting the minimum. Didn't have online routing for the first part of my journey until I toggled on one of the selections.

Still not had a chance to look through properly so this may be completely irrelevant.

It’s depressing to think that this is never going to work, just because of UN ECE regulations that stipulates that you cannot remote control over the air over a 6ft distance from the car.
So even if it was to work perfectly in the US by FSDb 12 or « Actually Smart Summon », we’ll never have in on our shores unless there’s a dramatic change in regulations here, which is unlikely.
Sure but it's still very handy if I need to get out of a tight parking spot or move the car of the way to get into the garage. I use it all the time.

I think I spotted the camera view in the 2023.12.9.1 but never had a chance to play,

Having just done the 2023.20.4.1 update, I did give it a go. I'm getting no output from the cabin camera. Is this correct?

No, all cars should have the cabin camera. Later cars have IR emitters to illuminate the inside at night, and have a slightly different FOV so you can see more of the interior.

Not seeing interior camera output from the apps sentry mode live view either (previously only tried it from main car screen), although it does show interior temperature. Once selected interior camera in app I cannot switch to another camera view without leaving that screen and returning.

I’m guessing as no one else mention this, it’s hardware (or user/setting) rather than software ? 2023.20.4.1

1689748165638.png