Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not seeing interior camera output from the apps sentry mode live view either (previously only tried it from main car screen), although it does show interior temperature. Once selected interior camera in app I cannot switch to another camera view without leaving that screen and returning.

I’m guessing as no one else mention this, it’s hardware (or user/setting) rather than software ? 2023.20.4.1

View attachment 957625

After a software update a while back I have a memory of having to give permission for the interior camera to be used. Could that be related?

Not seeing interior camera output from the apps sentry mode live view either (previously only tried it from main car screen), although it does show interior temperature. Once selected interior camera in app I cannot switch to another camera view without leaving that screen and returning.

I’m guessing as no one else mention this, it’s hardware (or user/setting) rather than software ? 2023.20.4.1

View attachment 957625
It's actually only visible atm from the screen in the car. Go to Service - Camera Preview.

I've been able to view the cabin camera from the app since I believe 2023.6 a few months back!
Just need to have sentry or dog mode enabled and no one in the vehicle. (And of course premium connectivity)
The functionality that was being asked about also allows access to the cameras in the side pillars as well as wide and narrow angles from the main camera.

The functionality that was being asked about also allows access to the cameras in the side pillars as well as wide and narrow angles from the main camera.
If you read carefully the post you replied to above, OP mentions an issue with viewing the CABIN camera from the app, as it shows the rear view instead. We are not talking about the side pillars here..

Reactions: MrBadger
So last night 2023.26 was queued to install but didn’t. Instead the car rolled itself back to 2020.20.7.

Didn’t actually think this was possible - being able to install previous versions is a huge security vulnerability.

One assumes EAP will be back to the crap version.

I’ve installed but yet to drive. Not expecting any major changes or improvements.
Just driven today after the update. There is definitely some improvement in battery management side. I am close to 174wh/miles even though there is no major change in weather or my driving - similar to last few months. Usually mine is around 220-230wh/miles. 1kwh is managing more than 5.5 miles and still going! Will see how it last over the next few days.

Reactions: goRt and QuanTim
Just driven today after the update. There is definitely some improvement in battery management side. I am close to 174wh/miles even though there is no major change in weather or my driving - similar to last few months. Usually mine is around 220-230wh/miles. 1kwh is managing more than 5.5 miles and still going! Will see how it last over the next few days.
Wow, that's amazing if true! I wonder if other people will report similar results. (I never keep track of mine but may do from now.)

Also, I saw some people report that the recommended charging limit has changed from 90 to 80 for those without LFP (or is it with LFP, I can never remember..). Might they have more data to show it prolongs the battery life at that SOC? I keep mine at 85.

Has your range gone up on the range-o-meter?

Wow, that's amazing if true! I wonder if other people will report similar results. (I never keep track of mine but may do from now.)

Also, I saw some people report that the recommended charging limit has changed from 90 to 80 for those without LFP (or is it with LFP, I can never remember..). Might they have more data to show it prolongs the battery life at that SOC? I keep mine at 85.

Has your range gone up on the range-o-meter?
Mine is a LFP that is why I am surprised and noticed. I don’t normally get this much of efficiency even in really ideal driving conditions.

NOT LFP, with LFP as the voltage change at different charge levels is very hard to measure

Reactions: QuanTim
It's still 90% for non LFP too, even in the car.. It's never been 80%, that's just a popular cutting off point. The charge curves mean you're not charging that fast above 80% when travelling, so it might be more time efficient to charge more often.. but overnight meh. it takes as long as it takes.

It's still 90% for non LFP too, even in the car.. It's never been 80%, that's just a popular cutting off point. The charge curves mean you're not charging that fast above 80% when travelling, so it might be more time efficient to charge more often.. but overnight meh. it takes as long as it takes.
No. Actually post 2023.26 update the new recommended setting displayed by the car is 80% for non-LFP, while I agree with you, it used to be 90%

1689948953536.png

Reactions: Cardo