Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving down the motorway yesterday I did notice something I haven’t seen the car do, before. Whilst passing a lorry that was very close to the edge of the lane, the car noticeably moved over in the lane to keep some space between us. It didn’t do this every time we passed lorries, but then they weren’t all quite so close to the edge. Didn’t notice as much phantom braking, but probably due to specific weather conditions and driving circumstances.
I’ve experienced that for possibly the last 12 months, (and commenting to dilly) particularly with hgv’s & sometimes with other vehicles that are close to the line between us, so it’s not new to 44.x

Reactions: Dilly
Let’s be honest, double tap is a little excessive. For those of us with AP only turning back on every time you change lane is damn annoying. Once bedded and behaviour adjusted I think I’ll like it.
I tried it and indeed I can see how it’ll suit some use cases. But I like TACC and use that just as much (town driving and keeping to new low speed limits). I think they should’ve just given the option to switch the function (single AP double TACC). Losing the split function makes this new option redundant to me.

Reactions: Doudeau
I tried it and indeed I can see how it’ll suit some use cases. But I like TACC and use that just as much (town driving and keeping to new low speed limits). I think they should’ve just given the option to switch the function (single AP double TACC). Losing the split function makes this new option redundant to me.
I Agree, I only use EAP on motorways and TACC on any other situation so I still need the double option.

Let’s be honest, double tap is a little excessive. For those of us with AP only turning back on every time you change lane is damn annoying. Once bedded and behaviour adjusted I think I’ll like it.
I think once you change lane, TACC is still ON, AP is of. then just a single tap on handle enables AP (If not mistaken...) maybe mandella effect here

Was just going to laugh at this and move on, but come again?

You think tapping a stalk one additional time is excessive but covering the accelerator, changing lane while trying to match your set speed, then tapping to re-engage AP again anyway is somehow more elegant?
1701290239564.png

It honestly had never occured to me for the years I've owned the car how double-tapping was such a burden, and now that it's been pointed out I've developed arthritus from doing it. Thanks Tesla for saving my brittle fingers.
This is an option if you don't want it don't enable it
From all the posts about this anyone would think you were being forced to use it.
I can't see anything but good in having more setting options, how about choice on wipers with autopilot?

This is an option if you don't want it don't enable it
From all the posts about this anyone would think you were being forced to use it.
I can't see anything but good in having more setting options, how about choice on wipers with autopilot?
Dunno if you meant to reply to anyone else but I've never expressed an opinion that the option shouldn't exist, rather that people suddenly finding double-tapping to be a huge issue because it's now a configurable option.

Single tap I do like. Not sure about dropping off instead of onto TACC. I did find that changing lane I always used to be on the accelerator to override phantom braking anyway so the new way does seem like it’s more controlled. Each to their own.