Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t want to jinx this but in two cars 4 years and many updates I’ve never had a headlight alignment issue (that I know of). I’m presuming it’s because of how the physical mechanical alignment of lights are installed in the car. It would definitely annoy me if I had to do this after every update.
Yes only Tesla wouldn’t align the lights properly and then get users to try to fix them on their own. I mean great it’s got the option but you shouldn’t need to use it. Should be for service staff only.

As it looks like Tesla aren't going to be enabling the matrix headlights anytime soon i would at least like an update to sort the dipped beam pattern.
I drop the height of the lights down a few clicks but the right side is then too low and the near side is still blinding people. The pattern needs to be flatter without such a large step up on the left.
For a software company and all the amazing work they have got going in places with Machine Learning, the fact it’s been years of the cars having matrix headlights but not being enabled boggles my mind. It should be like a couple of weeks work for them to integrate this into their software.

I don’t even know how to write this software but could have probably worked it out quicker. Of course my way would probably calculate all the reflections off each blade of grass to then triangulate where cars are vs just looking for headlights and tail lights. 😂

For a software company and all the amazing work they have got going in places with Machine Learning, the fact it’s been years of the cars having matrix headlights but not being enabled boggles my mind. It should be like a couple of weeks work for them to integrate this into their software.

I don’t even know how to write this software but could have probably worked it out quicker. Of course my way would probably calculate all the reflections off each blade of grass to then triangulate where cars are vs just looking for headlights and tail lights. 😂
Musky can't have them yet so there's no demand for the feature
The work of an afternoon at most

A consultation started due to complete next spring
A consultation on what? You saying it’s still not legal in the US?

Does it even matter at this point. It’s legal like probably everywhere else and they sell a lot of cars in other countries. They fit the hardware, just write the damned software already. Even pretty much the cheapest of the cheap cars have Matrix headlights in Europe, I think my first car that had adaptive lights was over 15 years ago. It’s amazing a Tesla doesn’t.

Does it even matter at this point. It’s legal like probably everywhere else and they sell a lot of cars in other countries. They fit the hardware, just write the damned software already. Even pretty much the cheapest of the cheap cars have Matrix headlights in Europe, I think my first car that had adaptive lights was over 15 years ago. It’s amazing a Tesla doesn’t.
Yes

I see the speed cameras on my route when I have a destination programmed. Shame they don’t show when I’m just driving without navigation. Is there a chime for speed cameras or just a visual representation?
The speed camera implementation is the worst half-baked effort ever.

Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier in thread, but I can now turn wipers fully off whilst autopilot is engaged :)
Now that really is something to write home about and it’s not mentioned anywhere. That was one of my biggest single frustrations with autopilot

Not trying at all to defend Tesla here, but in terms of future proofing, I'd much rather have some hardware already fitted to my car with software implementation coming later.
That way, when Tesla decides they want to finally allocate that half-day of dev time, we will all benefit, rather than looking jealously at the newer batch of '24 ('25 anyone) cars that will be the only ones capable. That way we, current owners, have still something to look forward to.
In a word; yes, it's long overdue, but still grateful that they are fitting matrix headlights to our cars where they could have decided to use a bog standard for everyone and keep Matrix for a new refresh/facelift (Highland/Juniper or later).
And yes, I know they are not doing it out of kindness of heart but for streamlining parts/assembly around the world but still..