Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023 Orders to Delivery for M3 and MY and personal shipping related questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Tesla tend to build lots of stock and then ship to various locations, then match oders rather than match a planned factory build to an order like someone like BMW do/did?

From reading up a bit more it seems Tesla do tend to focus on most shipments being in the last 5-6 weeks of a quarter. Given I have typically ordered at the start of Q2, along with the fact my spec (MYP, Deep Blue, Black interior) has no current inventory listed on the Tesla site, I am assuming I am likely to be waiting until at least the end of May/June?

Or is it a bit of a lottery in that there might be a matching spec on an existing ship en route? I had thought that any en-route and available might be already listed as the "coming soon" soon ones on the Tesla inventory, as some have been added to this recently.

Do Tesla tend to build lots of stock and then ship to various locations, then match oders rather than match a planned factory build to an order like someone like BMW do/did?

From reading up a bit more it seems Tesla do tend to focus on most shipments being in the last 5-6 weeks of a quarter. Given I have typically ordered at the start of Q2, along with the fact my spec (MYP, Deep Blue, Black interior) has no current inventory listed on the Tesla site, I am assuming I am likely to be waiting until at least the end of May/June?

Or is it a bit of a lottery in that there might be a matching spec on an existing ship en route? I had thought that any en-route and available might be already listed as the "coming soon" soon ones on the Tesla inventory, as some have been added to this recently.
I am wondering the same thing. It’s time to replace our M3P in June so looking at ordering now to minimise a gap but I don’t want the car delivered next week, June would suit me fine. Looking for a MYP in Black with White interior. Two demonstrators with that spec but no new stock so assume they will be this quarters build

Reactions: jimmyca69

From what I understand you are right they build a load and then it gets matched when it’s shipped, there is a uk bound boat loading tomorrow potentially if you check the other shipping thread it tells you the name etc so like me you can be really sad and watch it travel 😂.
You will likely be lucky enough to get one on that boat there was a video on YouTube of the right hand drive cars sat at the port waiting for loading a day or so ago.

Reactions: jimmyca69
From what I understand you are right they build a load and then it gets matched when it’s shipped, there is a uk bound boat loading tomorrow potentially if you check the other shipping thread it tells you the name etc so like me you can be really sad and watch it travel 😂.
You will likely be lucky enough to get one on that boat there was a video on YouTube of the right hand drive cars sat at the port waiting for loading a day or so ago.
I definitely plan to be sad and try and track everything :D

Which ship is that which is loading today out of interest? is it the GRANDE MIRAFIORI?

Reactions: edan
I have unfortunately no dates yet. My status is stil TBD..Just spoke to Tesla today and he said the car is ready. the only delay is transferring the car to the pick up point ive chosen. rathen than from its original location. From Sheffield to Brentcross.

Exactly how they do it. They don't make them to order as such. They make a certain type of all of the models and matched en route.

They work in quarters too so will ramp up soon enough

Yay, successfully delivered today.
Ordered MYP (Midnight Silver, Black Seats) and assigned RN on 24th Feb (company car). Initial delivery estimate was 23rd March via lease company. A week before was updated to July (again from lease company). I checked with Tesla directly and they confirmed had been moved to "next wave" but were not specific on timing. Got text message yesterday from Tesla stating delivery Friday 21st April, so hopefully I'll get it next week!

So my M3P that was first ordered 10/22, reordered 01/23 (lease company price rise) and finally reordered 02/23 (Tesla price drop) will be delivered to me next Thursday. I've been watching the shipping thread but with no hidden VIN, hadn't expcted the texts I got this week. I got my UK Reg & VIN yesterday :)

the car must have been here a while as no ships have docked since March.

Status
Not open for further replies.