Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems like this update is running out of steam, so no matrix light atm! Maybe there is bug fix on the way...

1000008760.jpg

It seems like this update is running out of steam, so no matrix light atm! Maybe there is bug fix on the way...

View attachment 1030691
Maybe you'll get the new version with both the all-new Autopark, Autowipers AND Matrix lights then...

I feel spoiled that I got 8.4 on Tuesday but stil didn't had the opportunity to test the high beams by driving at night... maybe over the weekend

Reactions: dombera
It has broken third party tools in terms of them reporting the state of the car. They report it as “offline” instead of “asleep” now. Affects at least TeslaMate and TeslaFi.

This could be the reason it has been pulled?

View attachment 1030975
The data comes from the Tesla servers, so unless a change has been made to the API data then an update on the car would also break the Tesla app

It wouldn’t surprise me if it has been pulled.
I’m seeing ludicrous sensitivity to pedestrians, auto indicator cancelling all over the place and road junctions and some roundabout stop lines being misinterpreted as “stopping for traffic control” but changing its mind and not attempting to stop.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
The data comes from the Tesla servers, so unless a change has been made to the API data then an update on the car would also break the Tesla app
It does yeah, but presumably there is some interaction with the car to confirm status. I don’t know definitively, but it’s certainly the case that updating the car to this version caused an immediate change in reported status, with everything else being unchanged - from online/asleep/offline to just online/offline.

The Tesla app behaviour won’t really change between the car being asleep or offline-but-not-really. If it was really offline (e.g. underground) the Tesla app wouldn’t be able to reach it.

True, but other marques don't do a "rapidly changing" thing with their full beam.

Teslas know when the ambient light is low enough to turn the headlights on in the first place, vs just having DRLs, so it's a bit puzzling how this isn't also used to determine properly when to turn on main beam, or at least the lower threshold is not high enough.

I've had main beam stay on as I've entered villages, etc to the point where I've felt self-conscious about it and manually turned them off. Hopefully in time the sensitivity will be adjusted.
I think a lot of the other brands have a speed limit where is below they won’t go on. Not sure on the exact limit and it probably changes but think 38mph so they never go on in a village, even if parts are poorly illuminated.

I’m in the camp though if it’s not lit up well enough, I don’t see the harm really. It’s not just your eyes that it helps but all the safety systems that are camera based like emergency braking.

Still not available for our car, nothing changes here. Maybe a week or two to go.

Agreed. No need for it on the motorway in my opinion.
What’s the harm on having a high beam on the motorway when it’s blanking out other cars? If no one is dazzled which is the point then what’s wrong with the extra visibility in other parts of the road?

Yes it doesn’t work correctly on my Eletre and everyone flashes me but on my Land Rover, previous BMW’s and Mercedes that never happened and you get to see more of the road than without.

From what I can see in videos, Tesla has done a really good v1.0 release here. Also they had high beams in villages before this update so nothing new there.

My experience is this has been happening for some time now, certainly 6 months at least. I have a curving road I regularly use and if it sees pedestrians on the pavements on a curve it loses the plot and starts beeping at me thinking I’m just going to plow into them. 🤦‍♂️
Other cars can do this as well. I had night vision on my old BMW 7 series, that would flash using matrix tech the high beam at pedestrian's on the path when either the path was too close to the road or on a bend where your heading towards them.

Pretty sure many in the village I live in would wonder who the hell I was and how they knew me for me to be flashing them.

On legacy auto this is all done by separate isolated computers but I think Tesla could stop this by hooking the logic to the mapping data so it knows there’s a bend and assumes you plan to turn with the road.

What’s the harm on having a high beam on the motorway when it’s blanking out other cars? If no one is dazzled which is the point then what’s wrong with the extra visibility in other parts of the road?
On the motorway quite often the headlights of trucks are behind the central barrier (and not visible to the camera), but because the cab is higher up the driver gets dazzled.

On legacy auto this is all done by separate isolated computers but I think Tesla could stop this by hooking the logic to the mapping data so it knows there’s a bend and assumes you plan to turn with the road.
🙄

From 2013: