Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slower than average?
Doesn't average rely on some results less and some more.
That's a weird contortion, it would seem perfectly reasonable to me to indicate that the gap is at the lower bounds of a range.

I do keep reminding myself that for all their other flaws, Tesla's constant stream of updates adds a lot of interest such that I get bored with the car less quickly than a tradition auto.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
MYLR 2022 on 2024.2.8 but no matrix light update yet. Usually updates received quicker than this update is taking.

I see online there is
2024.8.x which has matrix update
2024.2.13 which has new UI updates
2024.3.x which has new FSD

How many branches are there?
What decided if you get the matrix update or the ui update.

MYLR 2022 on 2024.2.8 but no matrix light update yet. Usually updates received quicker than this update is taking.

I see online there is
2024.8.x which has matrix update
2024.2.13 which has new UI updates
2024.3.x which has new FSD

How many branches are there?
What decided if you get the matrix update or the ui update.
The vast majority of us will now get 2024.8.x versions, I sometimes wonder if those reporting 2024.2.x downloads are just cars not used for a few days or have been off WiFi when there cars were allocated the release and it’s just taken time to appear on the trackers

Reactions: Roarr
2.xx is reported to bring park assist to USS free cars in the USA
But again I don't understand the logic of bringing a new feature on an 'older' branch. 8.4 had already been released by then so why bringing park assist as a minor update of 2.xx and not 8.xx ?? Especially as some non-USS are already on the newer one and will now have to wait for an 10.x or 12.x to benefit...

The park thing seemed to come out on a factory/produiction release and then a few emergency bug fixe 2024.2.xx releases have gone out soon which have incl;uded it, but I wouldn't call releases 2024.2.12 etc as being mainstream releases.

Am I right to assume there's no "trick" to getting an update any earlier other being set to "Advanced" and crossing my fingers? The car gets a good WiFi signal on the drive so I'm hoping that's enough.
Correct. And good wifi doesn’t bring anything to the party as notifications come in various forms, many of which don’t even involve the car.

But donning a pink tutu and doing a download dance wont do any harm and may even bring a cult YouTube following should that coincidentally result in a download being offered ;)

But donning a pink tutu and doing a download dance wont do any harm and may even bring a cult YouTube following should that coincidentally result in a download being offered ;)
Rather than donning a tatu he can write few things about wipers on this forum - that has 💯 chance of followers and Elon is usually kind to his critics 😩 resulting in immediate offer of the update.

We have a better chance of fully operational ar$e wipers allied to fart mode, knowing Elon
My wipers seem much better on the latest 2024.8.4 build.

I was getting annoyed with them (they seemed to get worse for me over the last few builds), but it now seems much improved. I've had only a single dry wipe since this update and have not yet needed to request a manual wipe.

Out driving today and I suddenly realized it was working much better. just me?

• Funny
Reactions: Zilla91
Out driving today and I suddenly realized it was working much better. just me?
The wipers are unfathomably hit & miss. I drove in moderate rain a week or so ago & the wipers worked pretty much perfectly. Both daytime and in the dark on the same day. Yesterday and this morning they were completely and utterly useless and barely activated in a similar amount of rain, so I had to turn them onto the III setting manually.

If they were more consistent it wouldn't be quite so annoying but you never know what they will do from drive to drive.

Reactions: drewpost and Roarr
The wipers are unfathomably hit & miss. I drove in moderate rain a week or so ago & the wipers worked pretty much perfectly. Both daytime and in the dark on the same day. Yesterday and this morning they were completely and utterly useless and barely activated in a similar amount of rain, so I had to turn them onto the III setting manually.

If they were more consistent it wouldn't be quite so annoying but you never know what they will do from drive to drive.
I did 300 miles today in light to moderate rain ab6d tried using the Auto wipers. I saw no improvement from previous versions.. wiping long after the rain had stopped.. not wiping enough. It seems to me that once the rate has been decided, it stays at that rate for 30 to 40 seconds, even though the intensity has changed in that time.