Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Standard dipped beam alignment would be so much easier if we could do it "live". In normal operation in Europe, headlights must have a 1% downward angle; annoyingly, you must calibrate a Tesla at a 0% dip. Add to this the pattern isn't the same as the live dipped beam and is instead a dedicated shape that would align with markings on a wall/board.

I think I've found a reasonable compromise at the moment on my car, though I can't help but feel the new adaptive pattern very, very slightly strayed towards the car ahead's driver's mirror, and so the right headlight unit might need a small bump to the right.
I was thinking the same earlier this week. Tesla actually provide instructions how to correctly align the Model Y headlights against a wall including the measurements.
When I can find a flat car park and wall (probably a multi-storey will be best), I will give it a try: Model Y Service Manual | Tesla
Having got my headlights to what I feel is a reasonable set up, I will take the measurements first (so I can restore if necessary) and will then follow Tesla's instructions from the Service Manual.

DIY or SC? And where you buying them? And does the car just know their matrix? I'm 2020 LR.
DIY. Not officially retrofitted. Though I’m told that the publicly available version of Toolbox 3 (the tool customers can use to make minor config changes to your own car, usually used by garages when doing repairs etc) now supports changing of headlights. You can subscribe to this software for £35/hour, and you won’t need that long to make the change.

Headlights were sourced from eBay. One was new, other was very good condition. Lights were just over £420 for both.

And yes - once the configuration is changed on the car then it “just knows” they are matrix. I’ve received a couple of updates since doing it and haven’t lost functionality, and I received the “adaptive headlights” part of the recent 2024.8.x software. The main beam does the whole blanking out thing, everything works perfectly.

Car recently passed MOT with them fitted with no issues.

Is it just me that doesn’t have the new one-time charge level feature with this update? Unless I’ve missed something the car will happily let me set 100% charge target and nowhere mentions anything about whether I want it to be temporary.
Presuming you don't have an LFP battery.. With mine, it only offered the one-time question when it was plugged in and I changed the charge limit to over 80%. Has worked for me twice since the update, each time it automatically reverted to 80% after the charge had finished.

I guess the only time you wouldn't want it to do that would be if you wanted 100% and for it to precondition using shore power before going on a long trip. I'd have thought (though I haven't actually tested it yet), that it will use battery to support preconditioning as the charge limit will be below the current battery SoC.

Not sure if it’s a function of the car firmware or the app version - but anyone discovered a way to turn off the “You’re home at 35% - remember to plug in” notification? I’ve paraphrased it as I’ve deleted it.

Thanks - can’t find it in the app settings as an option.

Not sure if it’s a function of the car firmware or the app version - but anyone discovered a way to turn off the “You’re home at 35% - remember to plug in” notification? I’ve paraphrased it as I’ve deleted it.

Thanks - can’t find it in the app settings as an option.
Set your target SoC lower. (Since it only triggers if you are less than 50% of your target.)

So, if you set it to 50%, you won't get the notification until you are at 25%.

Reactions: nufan
I know I seem to be the only person that appears to have suffered this issue, but 8.7 seems to have finally fixed the issue with my driver wing mirror not raising to the correct level when setting my profile initially. It would always work when manually selecting my profile. It would work for a day or so if I reset the car, but would then have the issue after a day or so. I’ve had 8.7 for a few days now and it hasn’t happened once. Huzzah!

With this release the number of SCs free on the navigation map seems to have gone. When you tap on the SC on nav map in car just says number of stalls present not number free. You still get the free number in the Tesla app in charger section but it’s illegal to use phone while driving. It was very useful to see the SCs state, now you only get a wait time if all full. How do we get it back?

With this release the number of SCs free on the navigation map seems to have gone. When you tap on the SC on nav map in car just says number of stalls present not number free. You still get the free number in the Tesla app in charger section but it’s illegal to use phone while driving. It was very useful to see the SCs state, now you only get a wait time if all full. How do we get it back?
I can’t say I found this last weekend when I went to the Trentham chargers a couple of times. It showed 4 free both times and that was reality.

With 8.7 I'm defo seeing more speed camera's on the nav. A typical stretch for me is the M62 9-12 and there's a few fixed (assume for smart motorway) cameras on there which did not show when the camera icon's were introduced a couple of updates back.

A good addition/update 👍

With 8.7 I'm defo seeing more speed camera's on the nav. A typical stretch for me is the M62 9-12 and there's a few fixed (assume for smart motorway) cameras on there which did not show when the camera icon's were introduced a couple of updates back.

A good addition/update 👍
I must be missing something here? I think this is one of the times when an audible/flashing notification of a soon to be reached speed camera would be great. As it is, the only way I know it's there is to look at the screen on a regular basis to see if there is a small brown circle, which is something I don't want to do unless I absolutely need to. Also, it only works when actively using the Nav. The current implementation, for me, doesn't seem to work too well at all.

I must be missing something here? I think this is one of the times when an audible/flashing notification of a soon to be reached speed camera would be great. As it is, the only way I know it's there is to look at the screen on a regular basis to see if there is a small brown circle, which is something I don't want to do unless I absolutely need to. Also, it only works when actively using the Nav. The current implementation, for me, doesn't seem to work too well at all.
I guess what I was trying to say was it only previously showed the temporary cameras, now it's showing me the fixed one's too. I'm noticing the additional cameras now so assuming really that it's because of the new update
I've not tried it without active nav though.
I agree it could be better but it's an improvement nonetheless

Reactions: rincewind
This is really annoying, drove up a lot of the M6 over the weekend and it's frustrating not knowing how much is left before you actually have to get off and the constant nags. Why has this change happened? Is it anything to do with AP/FSD etc?

I missed 2 turns due to this. Its so annoying. So used to getting a countdown to the turn you actually need to take. And when you're driving the entire M6, being you'd to keep right at every junction is so unnecessary.

Reactions: diddy84

A good addition/update 👍

I’m noticing fixed speed cameras (incl. variable speed limit cameras but not zones) that I have not noticed before and we are still on 2023.44.30.13

I guess the cameras probably get download as part of the routing, possibly traffic visualisation with premium connectivity?

The current speed camera notification is borderline useless.

It’s so insignificant it’s no help unless you are constantly looking at the screen.
Yes, that's where I am with the implementation - unless you're looking at the screen very, very often you won't know there is a camera coming up, so, as you say, it's pretty much useless. All they need to do is flash a message on the (largely wasted) space on the visualisation section, which surely is an easy thing to do.