Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey i was in the same position - Tesla put on hold until they get the Purchase order from lease company and then the date comes in. Chase the lease company . It worked for me
Hi. I ordered through Leaseplan via my work scheme Wednesday last week. Got the RN number and VIN number assigned on Friday. Tesla told me they need the leasing authorisation from Leaseplan before they can set a delivery date. Is this normal?

Hi. I ordered through Leaseplan via my work scheme Wednesday last week. Got the RN number and VIN number assigned on Friday. Tesla told me they need the leasing authorisation from Leaseplan before they can set a delivery date. Is this normal?
Almost identical to me but with select leasing. Nothing in the app showing. One Tesla employee told me that my vehicle was not in the country but on its way, then gave me the VIN number. I had the sms with the RN number too. Another person at Tesla then outright refused to discuss anything because the leasing company hasn’t authorised Tesla to talk to me. Not received anything to tell me the VIN number, only went off what the person on the other end of the chat at Tesla said and can’t add it to the app because it’s a lease.

I’m not sure what is next to be honest haha

Hep its normal i think, i struggled a lot between the leasing company and Tesla tbh - chasing the leasing company worked for me
This feels like what I’m having to do with Arval.

Bizarrely have a reg no but no VIN in the app. And a “delivery appointment scheduled” screen but no details.

Live chat with Tesla says “waiting on lease company” and nothing is actually confirmed or booked, no vehicle assigned etc.

This feels like what I’m having to do with Arval.

Bizarrely have a reg no but no VIN in the app. And a “delivery appointment scheduled” screen but no details.

Live chat with Tesla says “waiting on lease company” and nothing is actually confirmed or booked, no vehicle assigned etc.
Although I now have a VIN and a reg plate - a different plate (and 73 not 24) from what was previously in the app …

And Arval have updated their order tracking to show an ETA.

Although I now have a VIN and a reg plate - a different plate (and 73 not 24) from what was previously in the app …

And Arval have updated their order tracking to show an ETA.
Are you tracking through the Tesla app? I’m leasing mine via a work scheme that use Leaseplan and apart from putting the order in via them, I’ve been dealing with Tesla from the outset and everything through the app.

Finally got my RN today for my MY company car through the app (apparently it's using LeasePlan UK - who I've had no contact with).

So now just need to wait for this to be updated?

To be fair this is already better than when I got my M3 in 2021 when I just had to keep chasing even for a RN - maybe it's easier that I've already got the app etc sorted?

On another note - I never linked my profiles to my Tesla Cloud accounts - is this worth it? Does it also give each driver separate Nav/radio/spotify saved lists as it's actually easier for us keeping a shared list!

My original delivery window was 19th Feb - 8th March but then everything disappeared from the app. Then I got a new reg number (24 plate) and a text from Tesla to schedule my delivery on 21st March. So a bit disappointed it’s later than expected but at least a delivery date is confirmed now.
Mine is also through a lease company - ordered 8th Feb.
MY RWD.

Are you tracking through the Tesla app? I’m leasing mine via a work scheme that use Leaseplan and apart from putting the order in via them, I’ve been dealing with Tesla from the outset and everything through the app.
Yes the Tesla app - and live chatting Tesla where needed. Arval weren’t that helpful really - took over a fortnight to even raise the order.

Had a delivery confirmation text now. And confirmation of the 73 rather than 24 plate.

Reactions: allena29
Finally got my RN today for my MY company car through the app (apparently it's using LeasePlan UK - who I've had no contact with).

So now just need to wait for this to be updated?

To be fair this is already better than when I got my M3 in 2021 when I just had to keep chasing even for a RN - maybe it's easier that I've already got the app etc sorted?

On another note - I never linked my profiles to my Tesla Cloud accounts - is this worth it? Does it also give each driver separate Nav/radio/spotify saved lists as it's actually easier for us keeping a shared list!
I am using Leaseplan UK for my works scheme. They have left the ska and me to it so hopefully that’s the same for you.

And now texts confirming delivery (6 Mar for an order Tesla got on 14 Feb - impressed!) but the reg has disappeared. Was about to apply for a parking permit with it so think I’ll wait!
I ordered 2 days after you and booked in for the 9th. I still have my 24 plate showing on mine. I did try and get an earlier delivery, even offered to collect, but told it’s not getting to Brent Cross until the 8th. I’m jealous lol

I ordered 2 days after you and booked in for the 9th. I still have my 24 plate showing on mine. I did try and get an earlier delivery, even offered to collect, but told it’s not getting to Brent Cross until the 8th. I’m jealous lol
I asked about collection and they said it would make no difference to the date.

Am wondering if I’ll get a 24 plate now.

Reactions: Anthony Overy
Hi all, I placed my PCP order at the beginning of February for MY RWD all standard, at that time website said this model is in stock and available for pickup. The delivery team contacted me a few days later offering me to pick a collection date in the end of February. However, I asked to wait until March to get 24 numberplate, so I was offered 01/03 as a latest date they can do for that batch of cars, for the next one I would need to wait until mid or end of March. I was like "okay, sure, 1st of March works perfectly for me 🥳". So I have got VIN and 24 numberplate allocated quite quickly, while I was doing my finance tasks. And then a week before expected collection date, I noticed my VIN has gone from the app. I was like "okay, maybe app glitch, let's see tomorrow". The next day still no VIN, so I messaged delivery team to double check if everything is okay. I got a reply that my car is now in Southampton and VIN is not in the app because of logistical delay, they need to clarify with logistics team and get back to me. 3 full working days are gone and nobody contacted me. Instead I received two automatic messages that my collection appointment is confirmed with 30 minutes difference as I booked before, and then later that VIN is assigned (same as it was before). So I was like "happy times, all looks good" 😀 However, I was still a bit concerned that nobody actually got back to me about logistical delay. So I decided to message them just in case 🤞It was 2 days before scheduled collection date (which was still shown on the app in the morning), when I already had my insurance, train tickets and day off booked in. Aaand I am receiving a message saying that my car won't be delivered and the earliest they can do is 12/03 🫤

Is anyone in the same situation? Or are there some lucky people who get their car late February or early March?

I really hope we will get an updated MY with rear screen... But I am actually dreaming, no way this is going to happen 🤣