Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say the organiser is very helpful if you don't want to lose things like your sunglasses into a seemingly bottemless pit :D
I'm starting to think the wrap I've ordered for the console will be too, it's so shiny, it reflects back into the car in sunlight
Jack puck(s) - until garages carry them (for tyre replacements etc..)

Not sure any of the others are urgent requirements :)

Reactions: Roy W.
This thread is very FOMO, you don't *need* any of this stuff and by reading it you'll likely buy more stuff than you really need
You’re so right. But seeing lovely photos of stunning puddle lights doesn’t help ;)

I’ve just spent another 80 quid at TapTes... the Mrs will kill me :eek:

While I was on there I noticed that the wireless phone charger is on sale today at $40. I thought it was a bargain at $50!

Reactions: m3gt2
I would say the organiser is very helpful if you don't want to lose things like your sunglasses into a seemingly bottemless pit :D
I'm starting to think the wrap I've ordered for the console will be too, it's so shiny, it reflects back into the car in sunlight
Jack puck(s) - until garages carry them (for tyre replacements etc..)

Not sure any of the others are urgent requirements :)
The organiser is in abstract ocean, but they sell them on Amazon for £11 looks identical??

I have the TapTes charger @Roy W. well made item, not the fastest of wireless chargers, wonder if some of that is down to my phone having a case too
It could be the case. Try removing it and see if it’s any faster. The first Qi Aukey charger I bought for my desk wouldn’t charge at all with a case on. I’ve since bought one with multiple coils and that works a treat.

Wireless charging is never as fast as a cable though.

It’s nice to see the inside. It looks just as nicely made as the outside!

One feature that I wasn’t expecting, and isn’t in the manual, is the USB-C cable that is tucked away along the front lip at the bottom. You can just see the end of the plug in the photo above. That could be useful to me if/when Apple go from Lightning to USB-C on the iPhone.

Looking at the earlier photos and user manual you posted on the TapTes wireless charger, am I right in assuming that while it plugs into the 2 front USB ports for power, the provided splitter cables mean that you still have 2 free USB ports for other uses ie. dashcam footage etc?

Looking at the earlier photos and user manual you posted on the TapTes wireless charger, am I right in assuming that while it plugs into the 2 front USB ports for power, the provided splitter cables mean that you still have 2 free USB ports for other uses ie. dashcam footage etc?
Yes, you’re spot on. Photo 7 shows all the cables. The two splitter cables each have one thin wire which is power only (to go to the wireless charger) and a thicker wire which is data + power (for any other USB memory sticks etc).

While I’ve tried the charger on my desk and that works fine, I can’t comment on the effectiveness of the splitter cables until I get my car.

Reactions: interbear
The organiser is in abstract ocean, but they sell them on Amazon for £11 looks identical??

I’m sure they are all very similar, mine was from TapTes

It could be the case. Try removing it and see if it’s any faster. The first Qi Aukey charger I bought for my desk wouldn’t charge at all with a case on. I’ve since bought one with multiple coils and that works a treat.

Wireless charging is never as fast as a cable though.

I’ll give it a go at some point :)

Having received a few accessories i find prices vary wildly even for the same/similar product!

Console & Dash wrap - i received from China (Matt Black) £4 (Not 3M but labelled Signage Vinyl) Quality seems ok but not like 3M. Not tried to install yet so will report once i do nearer the weekend and after i get my car on Thursday.

Noticed the Chrome Delete on excel sheet for $299, you can get the same/similar product (Not sure if 3M tho) from Kenrico who is from this Forum (@Kenriko ) for $169. I don't know him but his videos are great and show you how to install. Not sure about UK shipping costs tho?

Tesla Model 3 Professional Chrome Delete Kit

Another one regards the Boot & Frunk lift struts. Brian from i1Tesla (Youtube) he came up with the idea and did all the testing to find out which works best (These other sellers sold stole/borrowed his idea! ). He has a Amazon affiliate link in his Youtube channel that if you use he gets a small cut from what ever you purchase through this, please show some thanks if you get these. :)

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Having received a few accessories i find prices vary wildly even for the same/similar product!

Console & Dash wrap - i received from China (Matt Black) £4 (Not 3M but labelled Signage Vinyl) Quality seems ok but not like 3M. Not tried to install yet so will report once i do nearer the weekend and after i get my car on Thursday.

Noticed the Chrome Delete on excel sheet for $299, you can get the same/similar product (Not sure if 3M tho) from Kenrico who is from this Forum (@Kenriko ) for $169. I don't know him but his videos are great and show you how to install. Not sure about UK shipping costs tho?

Tesla Model 3 Professional Chrome Delete Kit

Another one regards the Boot & Frunk lift struts. Brian from i1Tesla (Youtube) he came up with the idea and did all the testing to find out which works best (These other sellers sold stole/borrowed his idea! ). He has a Amazon affiliate link in his Youtube channel that if you use he gets a small cut from what ever you purchase through this, please show some thanks if you get these. :)

$59 shipped to Europe. It actually costs me more then that to get it there because international shipping prices are insane.

We use 3M for the Matrix and Oracal for the Satin (Oracal 970RA is higher quality for this application) i’m Not a fan of 3M or Avery material for Satin Black.

Reactions: davidmc
A rather boring accessory to add to the list...

A charger cable bag! The Type 2 cable supplied comes in a polythene bag which is fairly hard to get the cable back in and was starting to wear in just over a week.

Got this for £12 delivered on eBay :)

3FAAD858-C35E-4ED2-9499-85C8769819D5.jpeg