Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also found and ordered a nice 3 (well actually 4) port powered USB hub on amazon - will route the cable along the console side panel
That should drive the wireless charging pads and something else and leave my 2 USB drives open for dashcam and something else...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B078X6FGJW
3port12VusbHub.png

Reactions: Tony Hoyle and AMC7
ins just for interest sake, here is the new gen taptes on the inside - with the 3 coils - seems the left and landscap one are driven by the same circuit...

View attachment 439576
It’s nice to see the inside. It looks just as nicely made as the outside!

One feature that I wasn’t expecting, and isn’t in the manual, is the USB-C cable that is tucked away along the front lip at the bottom. You can just see the end of the plug in the photo above. That could be useful to me if/when Apple go from Lightning to USB-C on the iPhone.

Here are some photos of the jack pads I’ve ordered from Amazon UK.

They are made of hard rubber, and seem quite up to the job, but not having either a jack or a car I’ve not tried them!

View attachment 441984

View attachment 441985

View attachment 441986

View attachment 441987

View attachment 441988

This is the item:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEDC-Adapter-Rubber-Frame-Tesla/

£20.99 for a set of four.
I bought a set of these. They came quickly, faster than the stated date.

Reactions: Roy W.
Just a quick update on all the extra's i've bought and installed.

The kenriko wrap I linked (above in the thread) was way easier to install than I thought it would be. I didn't end up using the second chance wrap they provide with the kit, but I did install it with my laptop playing the install video and followed along. It looks amazing and completely professional, stops the glare and scratches from the reflective surface.

I added clear wraps from taptes to the door strip (model 3) logo. I applied these with soapy water spray and was fairly easy.

I use the model 3 sun shade from taptes. Suckers are a tad annoying to remove but other than that works fine (fits well)

I've replaced all the lights apart from the footwell lights which apparently have a different fuse system. They make a huge difference (especially the boot which is 16x brighter). The lights I replaced were

- 2 in the boot
- 1 in the glove box
- 2 in the rear passenger doors

IMG_2678.jpg

I've also added Tesla logo puddle lights for the front doors

IMG_2677.jpg

I've also installed the JEDA wireless charging pad, which I'm very happy with, works well, charges quickly and with the spacer (which I got free with my order) allows me to charge wired too.

I bought an XBOX One PDP game controller which works well, even supports force feedback from Argos for £19.99 (might get a second one now that I know it works)

I bought a low profile 2 ton trolley jack from Halfords.

Also bought a rubber insert specifically for the halfords low profile jack off Ebay for £3.99 which allows me to use it with my Carrfan jack lift adapter (link above in thread) Saddle Pad Rubber for the Halfords 2 Tonne Hydraulic Trolley Jack 657081 TH22005 | eBay

I plan to switch my own wheels for winter

Just a quick update on all the extra's i've bought and installed.

The kenriko wrap I linked (above in the thread) was way easier to install than I thought it would be. I didn't end up using the second chance wrap they provide with the kit, but I did install it with my laptop playing the install video and followed along. It looks amazing and completely professional, stops the glare and scratches from the reflective surface.

I added clear wraps from taptes to the door strip (model 3) logo. I applied these with soapy water spray and was fairly easy.

I use the model 3 sun shade from taptes. Suckers are a tad annoying to remove but other than that works fine (fits well)

I've replaced all the lights apart from the footwell lights which apparently have a different fuse system. They make a huge difference (especially the boot which is 16x brighter). The lights I replaced were

- 2 in the boot
- 1 in the glove box
- 2 in the rear passenger doors

View attachment 442383

I've also added Tesla logo puddle lights for the front doors

View attachment 442384

I've also installed the JEDA wireless charging pad, which I'm very happy with, works well, charges quickly and with the spacer (which I got free with my order) allows me to charge wired too.

I bought an XBOX One PDP game controller which works well, even supports force feedback from Argos for £19.99 (might get a second one now that I know it works)

I bought a low profile 2 ton trolley jack from Halfords.

Also bought a rubber insert specifically for the halfords low profile jack off Ebay for £3.99 which allows me to use it with my Carrfan jack lift adapter (link above in thread) Saddle Pad Rubber for the Halfords 2 Tonne Hydraulic Trolley Jack 657081 TH22005 | eBay

I plan to switch my own wheels for winter
Blimey, it’s like a new car :D

I love the puddle lights! We’re they easy to fit? For that matter, were all the lights easy to fit?

Did you use soap spray for fitting your console wrap, or just do it dry? I’ve got visions of it looking like I’ve tried to fit my own piece of Fablon if I tried it :p

Sorry for all the questions. Looks fab. Thanks for sharing.

Blimey, it’s like a new car :D

I love the puddle lights! We’re they easy to fit? For that matter, were all the lights easy to fit?

Did you use soap spray for fitting your console wrap, or just do it dry? I’ve got visions of it looking like I’ve tried to fit my own piece of Fablon if I tried it :p

Sorry for all the questions. Looks fab. Thanks for sharing.

Lights take literally 30 seconds each and are super easy to fit.

I did not use soap spray for the console wrap, I followed the instructions from kenriko exactly in their video (no spray required). The video is very good.

Probably most important advise from the video, is don't rush and take your time

One more thing I also bought the TapTes Multi-Function Organizer Box for Tesla Model 3 Center Console, which is very nice.

I will say though that is slightly clashes with the Jeda Wireless Pad, but if I insert it before closing the front with the wireless pad its fine.

• Informative