Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now my TapTes hub finally turned up, I've put together a little guide/review with details on which storage you could use. Sadly I don't think you can use a regular SSD as the adaptors to for USB are too large (ordered a cable to try it out with my old SSD, just tested it).

TapTes Model 3 Hub - Mini review, what storage fits and more. - TeslaEV.co.uk
I agree @DaveW, the Hub is great, easy to install and does everything I need it to do (Beach Buggy game far easier on an xBox controller than using the steering wheel :) ) And great honest review !

Reactions: DaveW
Morning. Collecting my M3 later today, so the accessory shopping has started. What the current view on best wireless phone charging pad other than than the £££ Tesla/Nomad/Jeda ones?
Thanks

Assuming you are OK with a long(ish) wait, the TapTes V3 (15kw) has a similar design to the Tesla one, where it shouldn't catch on the lid of the centre console.

Expect around 50 days though!

Reactions: Roy W.
Received the new Alcantara console shell from Torque Alliance @Heavy Rain today, not currently listed on their website. Fancied something different instead of the normal matt black or carbon look.

A little fiddly to get the alignment correct on the lids to ensure enough clearance so they don't catch on each other or the top hinge. Times like those you are glad that the 3M tape can go on and off multiple times. Spent around 30 minutes until I was happy YMMV.

My pictures might not do it justice. It looks very neat and original in the flesh, good match and glad I went for it.

View attachment 555701
View attachment 555702
View attachment 555703

Those Alcantara covers look amazing, once my M3 arrives I think I may have to order me some of those!!!

Reactions: Neilio
I tried an ice protection cover over the exterior of the windscreen for a couple of days. It pretty much blacked out 90% of the windscreen. It didn't make any noticeable difference to interior temperature - didn't try surfaces. I suspect it needs to be used in conjunction with roof covers too.

I've just ordered the front roof shade from Tesla. On its own, I'm not expecting that to do much to interior temperature, but it should keep the front interior of the car more in the shade so hopefully cooler surfaces, and being a more permanent feature, stop the tops of our heads getting hot from the heat of the glass.

I didn't make it clear in the post sorry, but I was wondering if these blinds above would work for the roof? Suspect they'd sag too much if they stuck okay, but something similar that didn't sag would be ideal. Last car had an electric blind that you could have open or closed.

Just installed Ultra bright lights in boot that I just received from AO.

Amazing difference
Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your post - Complete newbie here.... to EVs / Tesla / Car modifications (and owners forums haha!) the lot!

Your boot light - is that from AO - as in the people who sell washing machines/fridges?! And was it easy to fit ‘plug and play’ or did it require some electrical wiring skills & tools?

What do you get from TeslaFi and does it work in uk? In GBP? Is it just stats and data? Do use Alexa with your Tesla for something useable or can she just tell you the charge level instead of checking phone? I’m so curious about all the different things! The website is super American and I wondered if its good here too?

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your post - Complete newbie here.... to EVs / Tesla / Car modifications (and owners forums haha!) the lot!

Your boot light - is that from AO - as in the people who sell washing machines/fridges?! And was it easy to fit ‘plug and play’ or did it require some electrical wiring skills & tools?

What do you get from TeslaFi and does it work in uk? In GBP? Is it just stats and data? Do use Alexa with your Tesla for something useable or can she just tell you the charge level instead of checking phone? I’m so curious about all the different things! The website is super American and I wondered if its good here too?
As @DaveW mentioned, you will also get use to the abbreviation we all use on here :) AO is Abstract Ocean (based in USA), and they deliver to UK. They have some great additions to add to the Model 3. You may find cheaper from China but some (not all) are of poorer quality. AO also do some great console wrap which most on here have, me included have used.

Teslafi is a data capture site that collects all the data from your car and presents it in a grid/graphical format. You can also schedule things to your car which I believe no others can do yet? (I may jump to Teslamate soon on the back of @Roy W. Thread). The Tesla can do a limited amount of scheduling but teslafi allows a lot more.

Reactions: Roy W.
I ordered these 2-Air-Flow-Vent-Protective-Cover-Trim-For-Tesla-Model-3-ABS-Black-Car-Interiors on eBay, thinking they would clip on like the AliExpress/LUCKEASY ones. They don't, they use adhesive pads, so I ordered the LUCKEASY ones. See the photo below (eBay ones to the left and centre, LUCKEASY one to the right). I can recommend the LUCKEASY ones!
vent-covers.jpg

Very pleased with recent purchases from Torque Alliance. Was a better price than other sites (currently a discount on the puddle lights). Delivery took 9 days, but was worth the wait.View attachment 555416

Are they genuine photos? The clarity of those puddle lights are amazing. The reason I ask is if you look on Torque Alliance website - they don’t look nearly as impressive! Question 2: I don’t have working footwell lights in my M3 SR+, so I guess they would only work in a premium interior. Any thoughts?

Are they genuine photos? The clarity of those puddle lights are amazing. The reason I ask is if you look on Torque Alliance website - they don’t look nearly as impressive! Question 2: I don’t have working footwell lights in my M3 SR+, so I guess they would only work in a premium interior. Any thoughts?

Yep genuine photos. Agree they look better than the website suggests!
Sorry I don't know the answer to your second question.

Yep genuine photos. Agree they look better than the website suggests!
Sorry I don't know the answer to your second question.
Did you install in the front and rear? I bought some (not from Torque Alliance), but they were too big and wouldn’t fit in the rear doors. When compared to the std Tesla light they are much deeper. I didn’t try and fit them to the front doors so not sure if they will fit.

Did you install in the front and rear? I bought some (not from Torque Alliance), but they were too big and wouldn’t fit in the rear doors. When compared to the std Tesla light they are much deeper. I didn’t try and fit them to the front doors so not sure if they will fit.

Yes front and rear. They are slightly deeper than the original puddle lights (to account for the projection), but they fit easily.
TA also send out a short extension cable with each one in case short wiring within the door causes problems.

Reactions: Cyclone1