Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered these 2-Air-Flow-Vent-Protective-Cover-Trim-For-Tesla-Model-3-ABS-Black-Car-Interiors on eBay, thinking they would clip on like the AliExpress/LUCKEASY ones. They don't, they use adhesive pads, so I ordered the LUCKEASY ones. See the photo below (eBay ones to the left and centre, LUCKEASY one to the right). I can recommend the LUCKEASY ones!

Whats the benefit of the clip on rather than stick on?

I have yet to fit some stick on ones (a different style yet again) and wasn't actually intending on sticking them down as I already have fitted an air flow cover for the front area that I never stuck down and that hasn't suffered from not being affixed. They are quite a weighty bit of plastic thats unlikely to get knocked so thought that the carpet would be enough to stop them moving. But as yet, I've not managed to get close enough to get to the vent to have a proper look. Unless drivers side is far more accessible, I still cannot see how people have managed to take some of the photos where the back of seat looks in line with the vent. Even with passenger seat fully forward and raised (avoiding crushing the vanity mirror with head rest), the vent is not as exposed as it looks in some of the photos. I need a dry space with room to open all 4 doors fully.

Whats the benefit of the clip on rather than stick on?

I have yet to fit some stick on ones (a different style yet again) and wasn't actually intending on sticking them down as I already have fitted an air flow cover for the front area that I never stuck down and that hasn't suffered from not being affixed. They are quite a weighty bit of plastic thats unlikely to get knocked so thought that the carpet would be enough to stop them moving. But as yet, I've not managed to get close enough to get to the vent to have a proper look. Unless drivers side is far more accessible, I still cannot see how people have managed to take some of the photos where the back of seat looks in line with the vent. Even with passenger seat fully forward and raised (avoiding crushing the vanity mirror with head rest), the vent is not as exposed as it looks in some of the photos. I need a dry space with room to open all 4 doors fully.

I preferred to use a clip-on cover for two reasons:
1) I think it is easier to install. As you say, it is a difficult area to access, so there is good chance I would 'stick' the cover in the wrong place whilst trying to fit it.
2) A clip-on cover is easier to remove (not that I'm planning to remove it, but might need to for some as yet unspecified reason).

I'm impressed with just how well the LUCKEASY cover fits. I was going to say it is like an OEM part, but then it fits better (i.e. no gaps) than some of the parts of the car built by Tesla :eek:

Vent-cover-fitted.jpg

Reactions: Gatsojon and Roy W.
Speaking of Tesla... on Monday this week they delivered the wrong frunk mat to the one I’d ordered. Emailed them, got an auto response saying we’ll get back to you, still waiting for anything further. Five days and they can’t actually reply, hopeless.

Update just for the sake of it. One month on from the original order I’ve finally got a return label for the incorrect frunk mat.

Still no sign of the correct one being sent though.

Just fitted the Tesla front sun shade. Easy to fit once we sussed the orientation and easy to remove, but probably won't fit back into its supplied bag again.

A little expensive for £70 delivered (front only) but then aren't all car manufacturers accessories?

Too early to test its effectiveness, I'll post some pics of front vs back light and heat levels of interior when I get the chance. But I briefly noted that I could still feel heat radiating off the glass., shame if its still hot.

Like (probably) all of you, I've been watching every Tesla 3 video out there, including wraps, accessories, chargers... anyway, there are some great bits out there.

But... the RHD market is slow, and everything is shipped from the US. (Fees/Taxes/Shipping). So I was hoping people could post good finds to UK accessories here. Things you can buy from Amazon UK, or places that ship to the UK for free (or cheap).

To kick things off I've been looking at a few things:

• Wireless charging pads (Nomad & Jeda seem to be the best ones in the US). There are only cheap Amazon knock offs available.
  • Proper floor mats (Tesla and Weathertech did some for LHD... nothing here yet).

What've you guys found that's good value for money / interesting and available in RHD?

Hi - Had the same issue with mats - eventually went for the Abstract ocean moulded mats - they fit well and delivered quickly - about a week with UPS. Excellent quality, clean up easily and look good but I still think they are vastly overpriced for what they are.

Ok so fitted 1 of the grills under the passenger seat and seemed straight forward enough. Where does the other on go? I was assuming the same under the drivers seat?

Passenger side
View attachment 561020

Drivers side (looks like it's missing something?)

View attachment 561021
Have you got the front seat fully forward and at the highest setting? It certainly looks like your plastic bit is missing. Perhaps it’s an optional extra on the SR+ ;)

Added at request of OP - To avoid damage - do not allow the seat to come into contact with headlining or sun visor - vanity mirror can be cracked

This is what mine looks like before the grill:

BCDFE4C4-913B-4E00-AFC4-0B179C85A7AE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you got the front seat fully forward and at the highest setting? It certainly looks like your plastic bit is missing. Perhaps it’s an optional extra on the SR+ ;)

This is what mine looks like before the grill:

View attachment 561198
Thanks @Roy W. It's definitely does not look like that and I can see a wire harness instead :/

Not sure if it's a SC visits worth? I suppose it's not insight

Can 100% recommend this bag for your type 2 cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D43F0TQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_uL5aFbV1RSC3S

Perfect fit for the cable, fits like a glove. Also, given that we use the missus' car for transporting the mini human most of the time, this means that the smaller compact pushchair sits beautifully in my lower trunk. The cable bag sits nicely on top of this, the UMC and the roadside kit.

Attachments

• 20200706_192609.jpg
    20200706_192609.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200706_192602.jpg
    20200706_192602.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200706_192639.jpg
    20200706_192639.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 41

Perfect fit for the cable, fits like a glove. Also, given that we use the missus' car for transporting the mini human most of the time, this means that the smaller compact pushchair sits beautifully in my lower trunk. The cable bag sits nicely on top of this, the UMC and the roadside kit.

Thanks, just bought one. No chance I was getting the Type 2 cable back into the plastic drawstring bag it came with!

• Love
Reactions: stonecoldrmw

Absolutely agree with this. I bought 2 in the end. The first for the cable and a second for the steering wheel disklock which I'm using on occasion as I'm still a little wary of the whole smart phone security thing (I do have PIN to drive too).

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1
These are the actual vents that are under there ... when you actually look they are not always obvious! I suppose there might have been a recent redesign but it would seem surprising. Mind you the grills aren't supplied either .. which is why we've been buying them:
View attachment 561027

So i'm assuming Tesla figured we could just manage without? *Sigh*

If something goes down there I assume it will rattle forever more, its the heating duct right?