Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tables in the wiki post at the start of this thread have been updated to reflect changes in Tesla's map.

In terms of timings, Aberystwyth has been brought forward from Q3 to Q2 which looks very encouraging.
Bridgewater and Leavesden on the other hand have been pushed back from Q2 2021 to 2023.
Overall about half of the markers have had target date changes, mostly shifting one or two quarters later. This includes Flint and Rugby which are expected to open before the end of April so not too far off their original Q1 targets.
The four new markers have 2022 target dates. Leicester West is in the old Leicester marker location, just north of Leicester Forest East services. The other markers look like notional locations although Winchester may be referencing plans to have a Supercharger at the new Tesla Service Centre.

Just visited the tidal charger for the first time....unfortunately I was in an ICE car so didn't get to use it.

Attachments

• IMG-20210424-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20210424-WA0005.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Reactions: init6
Any news on the construction of the Cardiff Service Centre superchargers? Saw a recent pic of holes in ground and cabling.

On a more local front (to me at least!) I hear good news that work will shortly commence in the construction of the Aberystwyth SCs in the carpark of a local hotel near McDonalds and Costa. I've managed for 4 years via home charging but over last 2 months noticed a surge in Electric Chargers in the area. Can only be good news for locals and visitors alike.

Any news on the construction of the Cardiff Service Centre superchargers? Saw a recent pic of holes in ground and cabling.

On a more local front (to me at least!) I hear good news that work will shortly commence in the construction of the Aberystwyth SCs in the carpark of a local hotel near McDonalds and Costa. I've managed for 4 years via home charging but over last 2 months noticed a surge in Electric Chargers in the area. Can only be good news for locals and visitors alike.
Re; Aberystwyth that's excellent news & ties in with Tesla's updated target opening date (Q2 2021). Google tells me the hotel in question would be the Park Lodge which would be a great location. Keep us posted!

5 years ago I stayed for a week in a holiday cottage near Rhayader, and remember scouring the maps for EV charge points (there were hardly any). Luckily I had an extension cable and there was a plug socket in the adjoining duck house which the owner was happy for us to use, otherwise our local trips (including a day trip to Aberystwyth) would have been very challenging. It's reassuring to hear that electric chargers are becoming more commonplace, it was a real charging desert back then.

Reactions: Roy W.

Drove past again the other day and didn't notice any further progress, just that the holes in the ground next to the road had been patched over. I'll probably head up again at some point this week to have a nose.

Spoke to them at the weekend. They confirmed that the Cardiff superchargers are the new V3 models (hurrah) and they're hoping installation will be done within the next few weeks and open for use. The site itself is now open as a showroom and is running test drives, but it doesn't have enough space to run as a delivery location so this will likely continue as Bristol for the near/medium future.

I happened to drive past Rugby services on Sunday. Couldn’t see much. Just a few traffic cones at the entrance though.

I was half expecting it to be unofficially open early à la Braintree.
The Moto Twitter Account is saying 24 high speed chargers, 12 being Tesla Superchargers and 12 Ecotricity open 8am on Friday.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: browellm
Not really the right channel to get into a discussion about this but just for info: when comparing prices remember only Tesla charge for the DC delivered to the car not the AC consumed by the charger which anecdotally could be 5-15%, higher in some cases. so you have to add that to the other suppliers prices when comparing to SuC. There are no standards, laws or conventions covering it that I know of. The more the charger wastes as heat the more you pay.!
Indeed - if you're arriving with a cold battery then more kW might need to be spent heating the battery, or at 80% charge in the Winter, and sitting with cabin heater on then <20kW could be going to the battery and 4-7kW to climate depending on your model.