Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its about 100miles from Darts so not sure it will have much impact on that a bit maybe. The main benefit I think is going to be for people travelling to and around that part of Cornwall being able to charge easily before reaching their destination and during their holidays and for the first leg home. Rapids are thin on the ground there and there mush be quite a bit of accommodation without access to even an outdoor socket.
Should definitely take some pressure off Lifton though. If traveling to Western Cornwall Lifton is tempting even if you don't really need a charge so as to arrive at your final destination with some spare touring around electrons.
Exactly what I did when I went to Polzeath back in June. Stopped at Gordano on the M5 to get to 80% then stopped again at Lifton to give me some touring electrons ;). Then I just topped off with granny charging overnight when needed at the holiday let.
(Did stop at Darts Farm on way home though 😄)

any idea how many is a few? I, and half the rest of the country, will be there in about 2 weeks 😟
Can you slip them a fiver?
Aidan from TOUK visited and scouted everything out and I think had a quick chat with contractors. Western Power HQ is next door so you’d hope everyone is motivated to make it quick and easy! He suggested it would at leat a couple of weeks but with DNOs it could be longer, but it being on WP’s doorstep I’d hope it would be high priority!

Thanks for the info, v helpful.

So do we know if these are instead of the Newquay ones or in addition to?
My guess, based on how Tesla's map has evolved in the past, would be that Redruth/Camborne will replace Newquay, but it is just a semi-educated guess. A shift of ~15 miles isn't unprecedented - for example Adderstone vs. the original Berwick marker - and the Newquay marker is in a notional location with a target opening date of Q3 2021. For now I've kept both in the table in the Wiki post (#1).

That said, there are examples of target markers being retained, such as the Leicester one near the M1 being retained after Fosse Park West opened.

Reactions: CMc1
💣BOOM! Bridgwater Supercharger site found by the Sherlock Holmes of planning permissions, Alex Rogers!
Coordinates of the bays appears to be (51.1030234, -3.0003515) and postcode is TA6 6DF

Attachments

• 806D0974-84F2-458E-9A4B-4F1697D49731.png
    806D0974-84F2-458E-9A4B-4F1697D49731.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 400
  • A4C5FADA-152D-4A45-A2F5-9E7FD761F23A.png
    A4C5FADA-152D-4A45-A2F5-9E7FD761F23A.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 157
  • 02692E5B-06D0-4AA9-8884-82F4BE2DE214.png
    02692E5B-06D0-4AA9-8884-82F4BE2DE214.png
    887.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
How do you find the westfield super chargers? I’m going up on Sunday and I remember the entrances to the different car parks not being easy to understand and I don’t think they are connected so if you go in the wrong one you’re stuffed?

and is it still 1 hour free parking if you pop out to the tesla shop and get your ticket validated? Do they even care if you’re charging or not? (How would they know)

How do you find the westfield super chargers? I’m going up on Sunday and I remember the entrances to the different car parks not being easy to understand and I don’t think they are connected so if you go in the wrong one you’re stuffed?

and is it still 1 hour free parking if you pop out to the tesla shop and get your ticket validated? Do they even care if you’re charging or not? (How would they know)
Go to car park A and stay to the far right. There is an overhead sign for supercharger. It’s on level -2 but the levels aren’t connected so if you miss it you have to come out and go back in again.

Reactions: Mrklaw