Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really hoping they add some more CCS adapters at fleet services northbound (M3) there are only 2 stalls and arrived there yesterday (in my model 3) and they were all in use by model S and X's. To be fair an ICE van had parked across some other non CCS stalls.

I'm really hoping they add some more CCS adapters at fleet services northbound (M3) there are only 2 stalls and arrived there yesterday (in my model 3) and they were all in use by model S and X's. To be fair an ICE van had parked across some other non CCS stalls.

I stopped at one recently (can't remember which one) that only had a couple of CCS stalls and MS/MX charging there and all other stalls free. (Might have been all full when that car arrived I suppose ...)

Originally the dual-cable stalls has "Priority for Model-3" stickers, but these didn't have that :(

So an M3 would have had to Pair.

Any plans for new Superchargers in Wales?

It doesn't happen like that ... Tesla put "coming soon" type pins on the map, but they are just indications of where they might put a Supercharger. Then they start building and the actual site becomes known ... it can be miles away from original "map pin".

So no early indication available (e.g. for future-owner planning)

Note that (sorry if you know this) if you have home charging you don't need a Supercharger when you are, say, 150 miles from home and then on the way home somewhere inside of 100 miles from home ... but not too close (or you will run out before you get there!), so "local" not relevant.

if you don't have home charging then local destination chargers are kinder to the battery than frequent high power e.g. Supercharger charging.

Tesla increases power capacity of Superchargers in Europe

Source:
Tesla increases power capacity of Superchargers in Europe - Electrek

In addition to

"On-Route Battery Warmup. It automatically thermally prepares a battery pack ahead of arriving at a Supercharger if it has been entered in the navigation system in order to be able to achieve the peak charge rate faster and for the longest time once at the Supercharger station"

and as a prelude to

"the launch of the Supercharger V3, Tesla introduced its next-generation, fast-charging station that can charge all Model 3 vehicles at up to 250 kW and new Model S and Model X vehicles at up to 200 kW."

Tesla has found a way to ramp-up the output of existing Superchargers

"Tesla was talking about increasing the output from 120 kW to 145 kW, but when it introduced the update in the US, it ended up pushing the capacity to 150 kW. Now the automaker has confirmed bringing the same update to its European Supercharger stations ... Now Tesla’s vehicles can charge at up to 150 kW at more than 400 Supercharger stations in Europe."

Actual max speed depends on Voltage etc. of car (e.g. 75s are lower voltage than 90s / 100s)

Any chatter in the existing thread please (so subscribers to this thread are not inundated :) Are you Watching this thread?)

Superchargers... supered

• Love
Reactions: CMc1
Tesla increases power capacity of Superchargers in Europe

Source:
Tesla increases power capacity of Superchargers in Europe - Electrek

In addition to

"On-Route Battery Warmup. It automatically thermally prepares a battery pack ahead of arriving at a Supercharger if it has been entered in the navigation system in order to be able to achieve the peak charge rate faster and for the longest time once at the Supercharger station"

and as a prelude to

"the launch of the Supercharger V3, Tesla introduced its next-generation, fast-charging station that can charge all Model 3 vehicles at up to 250 kW and new Model S and Model X vehicles at up to 200 kW."

Tesla has found a way to ramp-up the output of existing Superchargers

"Tesla was talking about increasing the output from 120 kW to 145 kW, but when it introduced the update in the US, it ended up pushing the capacity to 150 kW. Now the automaker has confirmed bringing the same update to its European Supercharger stations ... Now Tesla’s vehicles can charge at up to 150 kW at more than 400 Supercharger stations in Europe."

Actual max speed depends on Voltage etc. of car (e.g. 75s are lower voltage than 90s / 100s)

Any chatter in the existing thread please (so subscribers to this thread are not inundated :) Are you Watching this thread?)

Superchargers... supered
Are any of these 400 stations in the UK?

Out of interest, do they share where they are planning super chargers at all?
Where i live (board of Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire), if i go north, south or west, I have no issues with there being a super charge on my normal routes. However if i go east the only super charger is Theford which is well out of the way unless you are going to Norwich. Anything on the A14 would nice.

Where i live (board of Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire), if i go north, south or west, I have no issues with there being a super charge on my normal routes. However if i go east the only super charger is Theford which is well out of the way unless you are going to Norwich. Anything on the A14 would nice.

Yes, on their supercharger map the ones in grey are the planned ones.

Reactions: Palros

Yes, on their supercharger map the ones in grey are the planned ones.

Be warned, however, that the grey pins on Tesla's site (Visit a Store | Tesla UK) are very approximate and the experience of the last 5 years is that there is no guarantee a pin with an "end of year" target date will become an actual site.

Sometimes sites need planning permission which will give the planned location and size of an upcoming site; this and actual construction work is tracked at https://supercharge.info (crowd-sourced but moderated so reasonably reliable).

Finally be aware that even once construction has started, unforeseen circumstances can delay/prevent sites going live (there are a couple of UK sites that were built in 2017 but to date haven't been switched on).

if i go east the only super charger is Theford which is well out of the way

From you (I've guessed "Cambridgeshire Bedfordshire" border location) to Cromer is 106 miles - so you can there and back ... ish. Anything from Southwold to Hunstanton could be detoured through Thetford without too much detour ... early adopter has those sorts of compromises at times, far fewer now than a couple of year ago :) ... or just charge at a 3rd party CCS point, thousands of those across the UK, and plenty in East Anglia. Or an A/C destination charger. They are pants by comparison to Supercharger, but will definitely get you a charge, particularly if you aren't in a rush - e.g. shopping

do they share where they are planning super chargers at all?

No, not really. Tesla put Grey Pins on the map as "Coming soon" but it doesn't bear a great deal of relationship to actual subsequent sites nor any reasonable definition of "coming soon" :) "Musk time" applies ...

For example:

TeslaSC2019_UK_Aug_2016Change.jpg

Red = Active
Green = Active - added in last 2 years (not colour coded for whether the site was "grey" last time, or not).

Grey = "Coming soon". NOT on the map 2 years ago.
Pink = Grey 2 years ago, still "coming soon" grey.

Blue = Grey last time, disappeared since. Some (such as Ipswich (grey last time), and Colchester (under construction) are "somewhere near each other" and presumably reasonable to consider as replacements for each other ... but definitely not if your plan had a requirement for it to be at Original Position).

Reactions: Ryder35