Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What has happened to Fleet south on M3? Still not open after being complete several months
It's been complete/in its current state for just over 2 years now Construction Started at Fleet, M3

recent rumours of power shortage since the fire there which caused the services buildings to be entirely rebuilt, landlord demanding high wayleave/rent, and that tesla have thrown in the towel and will shortly be cannibalising the stalls there for other locations. They've recently wrapped them all in new cellophane to keep them getting dirty

Reactions: Harv3y
yep Gordano all done... they seriously need to update their maps. We were panicking on the way to Hopwood thinking there were only two chargers and someone would beat us to it. Tons of chargers there!

But Tankersley Manor Hotel (Barnsley) does actually have 2 (both converted) one of which was free... phew.
While we’re on the subject of Barnsley, can I just put in a good word for the Tankersley Hotel where the SuCs are located? It’s true there are only two there, but we stopped there last night around supper time and found the restaurant there exceptionally friendly and hospitable. We were charging for just over 40 min which was just enough time to have a delicious roast beef and Yorkshire pud. And you get 10% off if you’re charging! Certainly beat our previous stop in the non-descript Hotel Campanile in Washington, where the coffee was undrinkable..

Reactions: WannabeOwner
A303 for sure. Norton park doesn’t cut it and to a different point above it is unreliable as always busy when you need it. Amesbury would be ace!
Don't know how long it's been there, but there is a "coming soon" pin on the supercharger map for Amesbury now, next to and almost certainly meaning Solstice Park Services Find Us | Tesla

I'm guessing it's a recent addition as it's not yet on the text list Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK

My requests would be:

* A55 North Wales (charging points are few & far between in North Wales).
* A14 Near Cambridge
* The 4x stalls at Keele are maxed out. Build a new site M6 J11
My requests would be:

* A55 North Wales (charging points are few & far between in North Wales).
* A14 Near Cambridge
* The 4x stalls at Keele are maxed out. Build a new site M6 J11.
Agreed!

8/16 stalls were offline at Oxford last night

Non covered up this evening, 8b was being used by a MS and I used 7b

still out action (over 1 week). First 8 stalls (1A - 4B)

upload_2019-11-3_22-57-30.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-3_22-57-30.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-3_22-57-30.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 74
Not sure if this is new info, but Woodall Northbound is no longer listed on Tesla’s website as a planned superchargering location...

Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK

The SuC map pin location for Woodall NB is titled Perth. So maybe a typo as it’s listed twice in the list (one marked as coming soon). Unless there’s a place called Perth near Woodall....

Reactions: cezdoc
I'm up for a chat as much as the next person ... but can I remind folks that this thread is for NEWS about Superchargers.

The purpose of this thread was so that people could subscribe in order to get useful info without having to trawl the forums, nor get an inbox full of waffle.

I'd appreciate if folk could stick to that please, thanks. Where chatter is useful then please link to another thread where detailed discussion is taking place.

Don't know how long it's been there, but there is a "coming soon" pin on the supercharger map for Amesbury now, next to and almost certainly meaning Solstice Park Services Find Us | Tesla

I'm guessing it's a recent addition as it's not yet on the text list Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK

I'll probably be going in to Amesbury later this week/early next week. I'll pop in to Solstice Park and see what the state of play is.

Although Solstice Park would be a great Supercharger location I fear the Amesbury pin is a website gremlin: before Membury Eastbound opened, the "Membury (coming soon)" listing pointed to this exact location. When the website was updated at the start of July 2018 to show Membury Eastbound open, Amesbury disappeared off the list shown at Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK

So it's not really a recent change: the pin has been there over two years. We can still hope though!