Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
God help people who don't own a Tesla. I'm driving to Norfolk tomorrow and have already signed up to 3 different services, many of which want to have credit on the account.
yup and usually a min of £5 or £10 in some instances. Also be aware of the Tap to pay on some networks. They charge or ear mark something like £15 on your card and that does not get refunded/released for 10-15days after you charge (even if you spend only £5 on a charge). So if you charge 3 times on that network in a day they ear mark £45!

Funny you should say that, i did just that earlier this week to ensure i have back up options. I already had Pod Point but have now also signed up for Ionity and Polar Instant too.

My backup plan apps are PodPoint, CYC, Alfapower, Polar, ecotricity, engenie, Chargepoint and Maingau!!
Have I missed anything. Feel free to feed my paranoia.
I've only ever had to use Instavolt as an unforeseen quick stop but in retrospect I could have managed without it.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
My backup plan apps are PodPoint, CYC, Alfapower, Polar, ecotricity, engenie, Chargepoint and Maingau!!
Have I missed anything. Feel free to feed my paranoia.
I've only ever had to use Instavolt as an unforeseen quick stop but in retrospect I could have managed without it.

Real paranoiacs also have their RFIDs plus the customer service numbers on pieces of paper.

This is the one I really need. Without it my Cardiff-Northumberland trip means I have to charge twice. Woodall Northbrook would be in the sweet spot to plug in at about 20%.

It could be that (for the exact reasons you describe) they're waiting until they've perfected V3 (in Europe*) before building this one. Most cars at a low SOC = faster charging and as a result faster throughput at the site.

It took several months for US V3 sites to go from the first, to being deployed in volume, but they are absolutely flying along now.

*Am I still allowed to say this...

• Funny
Reactions: tj333
It could be that (for the exact reasons you describe) they're waiting until they've perfected V3 (in Europe*) before building this one. Most cars at a low SOC = faster charging and as a result faster throughput at the site.

It took several months for US V3 sites to go from the first, to being deployed in volume, but they are absolutely flying along now.

*Am I still allowed to say this...
The UK isn’t planning on creating its own continent so Europe would be the best way to describe the region

Can always use the service road to access the southbound chargers
Is that still a thing you can get away with then? Accessing Mway services via the service road is usually frowned on unless you work there. I looked on street view though and there didn't seem to be any form of no entry sign back when it was surveyed. Never actually tried it yet though since COVID curtailed most of my Travel plans for the year.

Is that still a thing you can get away with then? Accessing Mway services via the service road is usually frowned on unless you work there. I looked on street view though and there didn't seem to be any form of no entry sign back when it was surveyed. Never actually tried it yet though since COVID curtailed most of my Travel plans for the year.
I did it once. There were no signs saying it was allowed, and many signs saying it wasn't allowed. There were even cameras (may have been fake). It's a longish driveway with a low speed limit on it. It felt very wrong and I'm not doing it again. On top of that Woodall only has 8 stalls so is often full. Not a solution and I wouldn't recommend.