Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone advise me, are all the Superchargers at Wyboston lakes CCS ? I haven’t upgraded my X yet.
Thanks in advance.
All SuC now have CCS and Tesla connectors.
The new v3 ones (when they get installed) will be CCS-only.
Yes to be clear, Wyboston is CCS only. In fact this is the second V3 only site after the Leeds service centre.
We appear to have crossed the "V3-only" Rubicon: Amesbury and the new Birmingham service centre (both under construction) are CCS only. Lifton recently had an additional 2 V2 dual CCS/Type 2 stalls added and they might turn out to be the last new V2s in the UK.

Can someone advise me, are all the Superchargers at Wyboston lakes CCS ? I haven’t upgraded my X yet.
Thanks in advance.
Yes, Wyboston is all CCS only (6 currently, another 4 wrapped in “coming soon” covers)

interested to hear what you see for it on the in-car display.

There are also two installations of destination chargers there if you get stuck. 4 next to the superchargers (old. Use the one closest to the superchargers, gives me a consistent 11kW, other 3 temperamental) and another 4 in the events centre nearer the main road (brand new, give me 11kW also)

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
Yes, Wyboston is all CCS only (6 currently, another 4 wrapped in “coming soon” covers)

There are also two installations of destination chargers there if you get stuck. 4 next to the superchargers (old. Use the one closest to the superchargers, gives me a consistent 11kW, other 3 temperamental) and another 4 in the events centre nearer the main road (brand new, give me 11kW also)

thanks for the update, on my Mx 2018 the dash doesn’t show it as a supercharger or available, so I am guessing the Tesla system knows my car is not ccs enabled....yet. Have booked for the upgrade , let’s see how that goes. Travelling passed wyboston on the 19th, so feeling optimistic for the upgrade before then.

Travelling passed wyboston on the 19th, so feeling optimistic for the upgrade before then.

I’m going there tomorrow in my new S. First time Supercharging in it and it will be interesting to see what charge rate I get. Looks like a nice location. I was supposed to be on a plane to Santorini :(. Going to Yorkshire instead as I don’t fancy quarantining :confused:

Been here twice now. First visit I prewarmed and plugged in and got a max of 147kw for a short while then it dropped off. Second time I didn't prewarm but was plugged in for 40 mins and it didn't go above 50kw. Both times I was the only one there.
M3 LR by the way

Reactions: Roy W.
Yes, just a bit!! Though the big investment must come with the prep and initial installation so, space allowing, you would think they would err on the side of more stalls.
They probably didn't have a choice, particularly as this is a combined project to install public chargers on the same site, and it's taking up bays in one of the main central carparks. It sounds like it's been hard enough getting the power supply upgraded in the first place (I've heard this is a big issue in Wales as well).

8 stalls is a bit small for a 2020 supercharger site, though maybe in Inverness demand is lower than S.E England.
Yes I'd expect orders of magnitude difference, Wikipedia tells me that the population of Inverness is 70,000, and the whole Highlands Council area is 235,000 people over 25,600 km2 (about 11% of Great Britain, 20% larger than Wales). If you take the whole of south east England (Wikipedia again) it's 19,100 km2 and 8.6 million people (that's excluding Greater London). If you head up north the space and reduction in traffic is very noticeable. While on the one hand the road network is more sparse so the "nodes" tend to funnel more traffic, on the other hand once you're outside the built up areas of towns it's _really_ empty.

Aviemore is also in the Highlands though, and they managed to put 12 bays in there (but then looking like only 6 at Fort William).

They probably didn't have a choice, particularly as this is a combined project to install public chargers on the same site, and it's taking up bays in one of the main central carparks. It sounds like it's been hard enough getting the power supply upgraded in the first place (I've heard this is a big issue in Wales as well).
It is. There are only so many sheep you can get on the wheel at any one time

That’s frustrating! I’ve been there and seen good queues. As far as I’m aware, a new pin (for 2020) was dropped just north of this site on the M11, so that could solve the queuing issue/low charger count in the future.

For now I would recommend using the A1 for north/south travel due to the V3 supercharger at Wyboston.
Two stalls were still broken late yesterday arvo. So I dropped into Marks Tey instead and got a nice 406 mi/hr from 10% SOC in the MX. Twelve stalls and just one other MS on charge although an M3 pulled up as I was leaving. No queues, what a difference.

Judging by posts above and on the other thread, looking like the nearest new SC will be 17 miles away outside Braintree at the massive new Electric Forecourt from Gridserve...

Reactions: MrLauriie
So I dropped into Marks Tey instead and got a nice 406 mi/hr from 10% SOC in the MX. /QUOTE]

Slowcoach :)

DSC_0126.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0126.JPG
    DSC_0126.JPG
    409.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Funny
Reactions: CMc1 and Sean.
We traditionally walk with friends in Snowdonia every week & although I'm close enough to charge sufficiently from home there is a permit for Superchargers to be installed at Flint Mountain Park Hotel CH6 5QG which is just off the A55 North Wales Expressway.

I used to work in Flint & know the hotel well so just called them...apparently the Manager expects paperwork to be completed in the next month or so, then 8-10 weeks for construction so should be ready sometime around year end (assuming no delays, permitting approved etc)