Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
off the back of my most recent trip, i was shocked at how many people were referring to the speed via mph. Seems it is a standard thing for some
If you leave the SOC display on the default Miles, the charging screen and the app only shows you mi/hr charge rate too.

Unless they go delving into the display settings they’ll never know the kW charge rate.

interestingly, when set to energy/kW it displays the energy coming into the car, but when set to distance/mph it shows what’s being added to the battery I.e. taking account of (deducting) the energy used instantaneously by the car for AC/heat etc

• Informative
Reactions: m3gt2
Actually, mi/hr does tell the whole story. It combines the speed of charge with the efficiency of the car. So, while the SR+ might not charge as fast as a P, it gets a greater mi/hr for any given rate of charge because it is more efficient.

True indeed, but the game being played here is who can achieve the highest charge rate - especially now as we have some V3’s in play.

Has anybody hit the "Tesla lifetime DC charging limit" yet in a model 3 and what is the limit anyway?

I gather after enough DC supercharges charging starts being limited?

Not that I'll be there for a good while - I've not dipped into my free 1000 supercharging miles yet.
I've done nearly 5000kWh DC charging and can't say I've noticed any issues but I've never used a V3 although I do have a service appointment for next Thursday at Stockport so I'll see if I can make sure I'm at a low SOC so I can see what it hits!

I've done nearly 5000kWh DC charging and can't say I've noticed any issues but I've never used a V3 although I do have a service appointment for next Thursday at Stockport so I'll see if I can make sure I'm at a low SOC so I can see what it hits!
Not trying to play top trumps or anything but I’ve done over 5500 kWh DC charging and got 210 kW on an Ionity the other day at around 10% SoC (no preconditioning) with my M3. so think you’ll be fine.

Reactions: m3gt2
We traditionally walk with friends in Snowdonia every week & although I'm close enough to charge sufficiently from home there is a permit for Superchargers to be installed at Flint Mountain Park Hotel CH6 5QG which is just off the A55 North Wales Expressway.

I used to work in Flint & know the hotel well so just called them...apparently the Manager expects paperwork to be completed in the next month or so, then 8-10 weeks for construction so should be ready sometime around year end (assuming no delays, permitting approved etc)
In the early days of being a Tesla owner, I got excited about this new location “Coming Soon”. About 2 years ago.

• Funny
Reactions: Beady3647
Any update on Amesbury superchargers?

Not much activity this on site this week . The Sub and associated cabinetary has all been fenced in, they've made a nice job of it.

Still waiting for tyre bumpstops and the re-paint of marked bays (if necesssary) etc. The last major job if I am seeing/reading it correctly... is connection to the DNO's Cabinet (Distribution Network Operator) who are SSE in this case. When we see the trench dug from the back of the Tesla sub to SSE's grey cabinet adjacent to the site, a distance of no more than 5 meters then hopefully opening will not be too long after..... Hope that hasn't jinxed it.

Fort William construction is underway!
Although the raindrops obscure the detail of the connectors in the stalls somewhat (some classic west of Scotland weather!) the cabinets on the right are V3 so I believe this confirms the site as 6 x V3 only. For now I won't be ditching my CHAdeMO adapter if I head up that way.
Shared with permission from the Scottish Owners FB group - photo taken yesterday.

2020-09-10 Fort William SuC.jpg

Reactions: Sean.
Although the raindrops obscure the detail of the connectors in the stalls somewhat (some classic west of Scotland weather!) the cabinets on the right are V3 so I believe this confirms the site as 6 x V3 only. For now I won't be ditching my CHAdeMO adapter if I head up that way.
Shared with permission from the Scottish Owners FB group - photo taken yesterday.

View attachment 586982

Typical...bloomin ICE'd already

Reactions: CMc1 and Sean.

View attachment 586982
This is good news. I wonder how long it will be before they are working. We’ve got a Skye trip on 19th September :rolleyes:

Come on Supercharger folk, Extractum Digitum ;)

There's a possibility it could be Inverness in the multi-storey car park on Rose Street - word is that the power supply was upgraded earlier this year (which I take to mean a distribution board metal box thingy was installed). Tesla left/reinstated their Inverness "Coming Soon" pin on the map even after Aviemore opened and there has in the past been mention of an "urban supercharger" setup being considered there (although I don't think there are any outside North America). I'm almost tempted enough to go and have a look but then I realise I'm considering a 5 hour round trip just to visit a multi-storey carpark on the off chance there's couple of pallets of Tesla equipment sitting there.

View attachment 585456

Inverness: Old Town Rose St, no podiums there today. There is a new substation transformer on the ground floor already installed and yellow contractors welfare cabin adjacent. No sign of Tesla equipment or cable reels. So....possible but not confirmed.