Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is good news. I wonder how long it will be before they are working. We’ve got a Skye trip on 19th September :rolleyes:

Come on Supercharger folk, Extractum Digitum ;)

Was there earlier today, engineer said it would be a couple of weeks before they are running.

There were 6 stalls, three larger than the others.

Attachments

• 03F15054-65E4-4F90-8D2F-8F8D093B0358.jpeg
    03F15054-65E4-4F90-8D2F-8F8D093B0358.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 67
Maybe on the way back then ;)

Are they in the same car park as the CPS rapid?

Yes, right next the CPS Rapid, we had mixed fortunes with CPS chargers, numerous did not work, the one in Portree is fenced off, the one in Uig worked a couple of times but not the last time, the Fort William One was out on the way up but working on the way back.

Yes, right next the CPS Rapid, we had mixed fortunes with CPS chargers, numerous did not work, the one in Portree is fenced off, the one in Uig worked a couple of times but not the last time, the Fort William One was out on the way up but working on the way back.
Thanks for that. Last time we were in Skye (in the Kona) we mostly used the Portree one. I see it’s been out of action for weeks. We stop in a cottage just outside Dunvegan, which now has a brand new CPS rapid, so I’m hoping that’s going to be our “local” charger while we’re up there.

Was there earlier today, engineer said it would be a couple of weeks before they are running.

There were 6 stalls, three larger than the others.
Apparently the little Fiat in all the recent pictures has a legitimate parking ticket for 1 month with 3 weeks still to go. The bump stops and new white lines can’t be completed until it departs. This must break some kind of record for ICEing a Supercharger!

• Funny
Reactions: CMc1
Thanks for that. Last time we were in Skye (in the Kona) we mostly used the Portree one. I see it’s been out of action for weeks. We stop in a cottage just outside Dunvegan, which now has a brand new CPS rapid, so I’m hoping that’s going to be our “local” charger while we’re up there.
I nearly got caught out in uig, they couldn’t contact the machine remotely and it wouldn’t accept any command from the app, if it’s still showing as unknown that means card may work. Dunvegan charger was good and got me out of a tricky spot. Portree as mentioned above is fenced off as they do work to the car park, it’s very Unfortunate. My trip was two weeks ago

Reactions: Roy W.
Anyone have any detail on the Berwick supercharger eta? Anything more specific than 2020?
There’s a new retail park being built just off the A1 along with Costa drive thru / McDonald’s etc (plus a hotel if I remember correctly). Pure speculation on my part- but I think it’ll be there. Nothing on the plans point to Tesla except for “EV charging” but would be an ideal location and they could tag onto the development.

Hi guys... does anyone know what is happening about the Superchargers on the M3 services at Fleet (southbound)?.

I have just bought a M3 long range and have in-laws in the West Country and so would be really useful for my trips from Kent.

Thanks
Seems unlikely these will ever get activated. They’re properly mothballed in cling film, have been for over a year now. “Finished” over 3 years ago I think.

but, you have got the new 16 bay V3 chargers soon going live, at Solstice Park Services on the A303

More the merrier, but there still remains a gaping coverage hole on the M3 going beyond Southampton etc towards Dorset. They really need some focus there - they got caught with their trousers down at Fleet South - built in the expectation of a cable wayleave which never was to be.