Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Update on Rugby from TeslaInTheUK
That looks good.

But I just wish that Tesla and others would start to build some drive through bays to allow for towing.
Especially on the motorways.

I only plan to tow a small trailer behind my M3 so not a massive issue to de couple when charging.
But I have looked at going to france with the trailer and will need a few charges en route and decoupling will get boring very quickly.

Reactions: CMc1
900167E5-9C01-4C43-8620-DBB68098214D_1_105_c.jpeg

Purdy Lodge update (Berwick). Looks like they have finished swapping the charger location (it used to be the other way around), and things are getting close to being finished.

Pretty sure they have dropped from 8 down to 6 though annoyingly.

Purdy Lodge update (Berwick). Looks like they have finished swapping the charger location (it used to be the other way around), and things are getting close to being finished.

Pretty sure they have dropped from 8 down to 6 though annoyingly.
Yes it's clear they've dropped from 8 to 6 during the relocation. Now I see why the spacing is uneven: because of the lamp post. I hope it gets some high viz protection, it's in a perfect place to reverse into if you have one of those reversing cameras that's poor in low light or obscured by salt/rain/grime.

Seems like a lost opportunity to have at least one or two pull-through stalls as per @BadgerAudio 's comments. I think pull-through are a lot more common on the continent.

Reactions: Garry TheBiz
Any news on Uxbridge being switched on? They’ve been primed since mid-December. Think maybe they’re waiting for lockdown to end? Or maybe they’re live, just not publicised on site/Nav yet.
It would be interesting to know if the shopping centre is open. If it isn’t, then that’s a good reason why they haven’t been switched on, but if the car park is open to shoppers then there must be another reason.

:)Alex Rogers on TOGUK has just discovered the planning permission for Gatwick Airport GridServe which includes 8x V3 Superchargers. It is next to the Marriott hotel and looks like it will be a compact site very close the the terminal.
Postcode is RH6 0NT
•24x GridServe DC chargers (likely to be half 90kW and half 350kW).
•8x Superchargers
•4x GridServe AC chargers
•Zero parking bays without charging

Last edited:
:)Alex Rogers on TOGUK has just discovered the planning permission for Gatwick Airport GridServe which includes 8x V3 Superchargers. It is next to the Marriott hotel and looks like it will be a compact site very close the the terminal.
Postcode is RH6 0NT

How will they stop ubar drivers remaining pluged in until they get an airport job? Hopefully there will be lots of 22kw AC posts at a lower cost per Kwh.

How will they stop ubar drivers remaining pluged in until they get an airport job? Hopefully there will be lots of 22kw AC posts at a lower cost per Kwh.
I suspect this will be very easy with the presence of security and police who will monitor this for security purposes i imagine. interesting one to monitor for sure

Edit: I got the wrong hotel. There wont be anywhere near as much security presence at the marriot.

Postcode is RH6 0NT
•24x GridServe DC chargers (likely to be half 90kW and half 350kW).
•8x Superchargers
•4x GridServe AC chargers
•Zero parking bays without charging
Details are available at planningregister.crawley.gov.uk, ref CR/2021/0066/CON (submitted 28th Jan). I'd put the 8 branded (i.e. Tesla) chargers at (51.156300, -0.153500):
2021-01-28 Gridserve Gatwick Location.png

If any supercharge.info editors read this and are able add in the above, could you correct Adderstone to 6 (I put a note on the forum about this) and remove the Stirling pin (marked as permit, but no superchargers are planned for the site) as well?

Details are available at planningregister.crawley.gov.uk, ref CR/2021/0066/CON (submitted 28th Jan). I'd put the 8 branded (i.e. Tesla) chargers at (51.156300, -0.153500):
View attachment 633622

If any supercharge.info editors read this and are able add in the above, could you correct Adderstone to 6 (I put a note on the forum about this) and remove the Stirling pin (marked as permit, but no superchargers are planned for the site) as well?
Added and amended. Been preoccupied lately so been slacking

• Helpful
Reactions: PB1975 and cezdoc