Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flint Mountain coming along nicely

received_435529144386199.jpeg

received_257764099168839.jpeg

received_865976223962630.jpeg

Moderator comment - I've just converted the first post to a Wiki on the off chance that some may want an overview of Supercharger locations on the first post. Please feel free to keep up to date as appropriate. Warning - anyone can edit at any time!
Thanks @VanillaAir_UK for this idea. Do you envisage a status list of yet-to-open sites or a bit more detail? I think it would be helpful to put a couple of lines in the first post as guidance.

Tesla's UK Supercharger page (Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK) and/or supercharge.info document sites that are currently live - they could be linked from the first post as useful references.

Thanks @VanillaAir_UK for this idea. Do you envisage a status list of yet-to-open sites or a bit more detail? I think it would be helpful to put a couple of lines in the first post as guidance.

Tesla's UK Supercharger page (Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK) and/or supercharge.info document sites that are currently live - they could be linked from the first post as useful references.
I find that the info at supercharge.info and selecting UK as country gives the relevant changes.

TBH, there are others that would have a better idea of what is useful. I envisaged a simple summary page, maybe a line per supercharger, but its not my thread to decide. I just facilitated the ability to do this. I think its possibly what @WannabeOwner had in mind from the start had the features been available.

I see that work has already started. Good to see that new forum software appears to make table editing much easier.

As a supercharger user, the info that I would find usable are what road its located, whether there are any access difficulties, whether parking restrictions apply and if its open/pending etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc and CMc1
I’ve updated the first post with a list I compiled several weeks ago. I waited for the site refresh due to coding issues that made it display incorrectly. Please update as you see fit as I didn’t get around to updating the info..
I've also had a go at updating the first post and have added a couple of updates to @CMc1 's excellent table plus what I hope are useful explanatory notes at the top. I thought it might be useful to track how actual site development corresponds to Tesla's "Coming Soon" estimates so I also added a note about King's Lynn at the top (all the sites listed in the table are yet to open). This will eventually get unwieldy but that's something to think about down the road.

I've added in a couple of other planning links including a planning doc which has a site plan showing the location of the Leicester Fosse Park West chargers (Tesla aren't mentioned by name) so added it in - of academic interest now that construction is underway.

The edit interface was easy to use and blank cells in a table appear to be tolerated now! I'm not worried if any of this gets rearranged/repurposed as I have backup lists I can always refer to for my own amusement.

Reactions: arg and CMc1
Wiki post suggestion:
- Link the place names in the first column to Tesla's markers. Rename column as "Marker".
- Add a link to the most up-to-date post in this thread with news about the site status in the last column. Rename column as "Ref.".
Additional sites not on Tesla's list could have a different column heading for column 1 - or just put N/A (no Tesla marker).

I've edited the first row (Berwick) as an example.

Thoughts?

Reactions: CMc1
Have you seen this announcement:
Ecotricity is getting Gridserver chargers.
Interesting in that video was that that the main problem the Ecotricity chargers have is with CCS. Chademo is apparently quite reliable. I always found the Ecotricity chargers a pain to use but they always worked for me in the end (apart from one instance) but I’ve only used them with my Leaf which uses Chademo. So that would explain why my experience wasn’t as bad as others.

Have you seen this announcement:
Ecotricity is getting Gridserver chargers.
Interesting in that video was that that the main problem the Ecotricity chargers have is with CCS. Chademo is apparently quite reliable. I always found the Ecotricity chargers a pain to use but they always worked for me in the end (apart from one instance) but I’ve only used them with my Leaf which uses Chademo. So that would explain why my experience wasn’t as bad as others.
Yeah - as Tesla aren’t involved, this is discussed in the Gridserve Charger Sites in UK [megathread] thread. Please keep this one for Tesla Supercharger related only.