Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even more good news!
Stoke Trentham Gardens Supercharger is almost complete.
tarmac repair and finishing is happening now.

8x V3 Superchargers.
Rough postcode is ST4 8JG but I am trying to get hold of the exact co-ordinates.
Correction! Looks like it will be 12 or even 16 bays.
Lots of food options so looks like it will be a real winner of a location!

Reactions: corywright
The figure is 'used' rather than 'added', as reported in TeslaFi. It's about 1kWh higher than 'added', due to air-con etc. as you said.

To look at some of Arg's points, it would be worth comparing a supercharger invoice with TeslaFi. The 'unseen' losses, at least from the DC part of the system, should be similar between the two.
Rugby was pretty busy last night, often reaching 50% occupancy and rarely was an inverter (set of 4) completely available.

The price has dropped to 29 p/kWh. Perhaps because of a few other comments on ZapMap etc. stating that they were more expensive than the Ecotricity/Gridserve chargers.

TeslaFi matches the car, to the penny, which mostly confirms that you're paying for electricity that never reaches the battery, with 3rd party CCS chargers.

Here is a bad photo of the 8 erected tombstones in Aberystwyth at Parc Lodge. Yes!!!

Attachments

• 20210613_143650.jpg
    20210613_143650.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 430
More news:
18x SuC coming to the Trafford Centre in Manchester as part of a mass delivery centre but will remain in place afterwards.
Chris Cave on TOUK spotted the news:

More news:
18x SuC coming to the Trafford Centre in Manchester as part of a mass delivery centre but will remain in place afterwards.
Here’s the plans! 104628/FUL/21

F9504C9A-B946-43E0-B1F0-DC4485CD0C57.jpeg

0A4B58CD-80A5-4329-ACE9-624FB8256BB8.jpeg

New site identified by Alex Rogers on TOUK:
-GridServe planning permission submitted for Plymouth which will include 4x V3 Superchargers.
For completeness.. planning here 21/01034/MOR
F9D70317-DE47-4DFC-8D2E-B6870F995570.jpeg

I take it this will be different to the planned pin “coming soon” on Tesla’s published roadmap.

Last edited:
Reactions: PStewart and arg
More news:
I wonder what the access is like when the TC is closed? I didn’t think that you could get into the car parks at night when it’s not open.

My dad left his car in a disabled spot round the back of Debenhams and got taken to hospital not too long ago. I got a lift from my brother so I could pick the car up and as the barriers were down had to walk from outside the car park.

Anyone got any updates for what I will now call the "wider Humber triangle" of supercharge desert from Doncaster up to Wetherby & York extending out east beyond Hull & Scunthorpe?

Ferrybridge - I did spot from afar what looked like some works going on there a week or two back but didn't get chance to take a closer look (we can only hope and pray for the sacred "T" logo on any works there).

Charging price changes - not strictly location specific BUT this could have an effect on charging prices moving forwards. Had this through from Shell outlining regulatory VAT changes for charge point prices. Presumably ripple effect of increasing for us also:

At Shell Recharge we are always on a journey to make your charging experience easier for you. Pricing of public charging can be complex to understand. Therefore we are happy to introduce one one clear charging tariff for all non-NewMotion charge points on our UK network. This means for you, pricing is now easier to understand and more predictable.

In addition, the government recently clarified that the “de minimis” provision does not apply to supplies of electric vehicle charging at charge points in public places, and therefore the VAT should be 20% rather than 5%. More information on that can be found here. This means that the price including VAT for charging will change.

The prices will change between 1- 8 July. Keep an eye out in your app to see the full breakdown of tariffs.

The new tariffs (incl VAT) will be:
Charge point categoryTariff
NewMotion charge pointsVariable - check pricing in your app
Other regular charge points (AC) £0.40/kWh
Other fast charge points (DC) £0.45/kWh
Ionity chargers£0.72kWh
For all charge sessions a transaction fee of £0.35 is charged, with a maximum of £7.00 per month.
The flat tariff pricing in the UK only applies to the following charge cards. For all other charge cards please refer to the charging app for pricing.

For further information on how charging on-the-go pricing works, please visit our website here.