Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the Tesla API reporting the SoC of the car, I wonder if that means Apple Maps would be able to route plan with Supercharging? I think you can initiate pre-conditioning of the battery via the Tesla API, so Apple Maps might be able to act as a replacement for Tesla‘s built-in route planning using the Supercharger network?
It’s already a feature of Apple Maps with the Porsche Taycan stateside. Still waiting for it here.

Reactions: rob@rar
I’ve been away with work for a while so haven’t been on the forum but thought I’d drop in with some updates.
🔥Work has begun on what will be the UK’s largest Supercharger site. It should be a fast build and be open in time for the summer getaway with more bays than Heathrow T5 or Westfield which are the current largest with 24. Can’t name the site yet, but will ask permission to name it. It is on a vital route so will be great news.
🔥V4 is on the way with first sites planned BUT UK V4 hardware has a specific design requirement so my bet is end of Q3 for the first installs.
🔥I should be able to livestream an opening of a new site soon . It is one where we have cause to celebrate it opening. 🎈
🔥So much happening and in the pipeline so it should be a crazy second half of the year!
🔥Moto progress is crazy fast which is brilliant news for the motorway network.
Sounds cool. Now what about Fleet South 😅?

• Funny
Reactions: Ozboz7
🔥Another new one! Work has begun on a new 10 bay site on the A303. I’m just confirming some info and then will be able to post the specifics. Should be open before the end of the summer.
🔥Regarding the previous chat, yes Exeter is about to become the biggest UK site with 32 followed by Rugby with 28. This will likely be the new model at new MSA sites; massive grid upgrade and then staged rollout of charging hardware for both GS and Tesla. Seems like a brilliant solution to me!
🔥Seven new Moto sites and 2 expansions underway with even more to come. I’m plotting on a graph the comparative rate of expansion between Welcome Break (old days) and Moto to see how the pace compares. We might find that Moto overtake with number of bays later this year and number of sites next year.

Another V4 planning application in SW Scotland: plans for a 16 bay supercharger at Radstone Hotel, M74 Jct 8 (Larkhall) have just been approved. This corresponds with Tesla's Hamilton coming soon marker, currently with a target date of Q1 2024. Map coordinates: approx 55.719800, -3.953600.
Tip-off courtesy of Alex Rogers on TOUK.

1686922942053.png

1686922969092.png

Another V4 planning application in SW Scotland: plans for a 16 bay supercharger at Radstone Hotel, M74 Jct 8 (Larkhall) have just been approved. This corresponds with Tesla's Hamilton coming soon marker, currently with a target date of Q1 2024. Map coordinates: approx 55.719800, -3.953600.
Tip-off courtesy of Alex Rogers on TOUK.

View attachment 947539

View attachment 947540
Yay, get stuffed Abington.

Birch Westbound, still the same as it’s been for a week or two - Tesla equipment in place.
Noticed behind the grass verge the green substation hasn’t been delivered yet, so still some work to do.
9CA8379F-31B2-42E0-9189-96F576FE8FC5.jpeg

On my return journey, grabbed a coffee at Birch Eastbound and the contractors are cracking on there too, I suspect it’ll be in the same stages as Westbound early next week.
6AF5C986-DB36-485E-B104-2F2F9CE3FB88.jpeg

8ACDBB6A-8D29-4AC8-A9C7-23B04BAD54B6.jpeg