Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Exeter Services at the weekend, and all the gridserve and Superchargers were in use.. Its that time of the year!

The good news, it looks like another tranche of superchargers are being put in and work was going on on a saturday.

how many were open do you think (did you count)? and did you wait? hoping that the more there are the less time you'll be queuing as they'll free up more regularly

how many were open do you think (did you count)? and did you wait? hoping that the more there are the less time you'll be queuing as they'll free up more regularly
Looked like a doubling of the available charging stalls to me.. Sorry didn't count. Earth cables were in, and they were putting in the conduit for the main cables. Sorry I didn't count.

As I approached the services, it said 5 minute wait. By the time I arrived there were 2 spaces. 20 minutes later when I left, there were only 4 cars charging. This was at about noon last Saturday.

I noticed that the recent Tebay upgrade to 12 X V3 250kW wasn't shown on supercharge.info

Is there someone on this forum who has input to supercharges.info ?
It looks like it is up-to-date but the Changes tab doesn't catch expansions/upgrades as a status change.
I notice there is a history link but it doesn't do anything when I click it.
A supercharge.info expert may be able to enlighten us further :)

1687956741489.png

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1 and Adopado
We've seen confirmations of the Tebay V3s being live on the forum ... or does the confirmation need to come from an authorised source?
Any open source confirmations are fine as long they have some substance.

Tebay is showing as 12x 250 kW though on supercharge.info as per Cezdoc screenshot above. Was changed on 26th (I missed the original confirms and was picked up by another admin on the forum)

See post #47 🤩

I posted that the day after SuperchargerInfo logged it as "Construction started" (bit keen back in those days ...) ...
I don't think anyone will need to ask around to find out when (and I'm convinced it's when, not if) Fleet Southbound goes live. I'll be disappointed if any of the following don't happen: interruption of 24hr news to bring live coverage of the first car to successfully charge, Fleet trending on Twitter, beacons lit across the south of England and announcement of a public holiday to mark the occasion.

Supercharger openings sometimes cluster around month/quarter end dates so perhaps we will see some more sites going live, including Fleet Southbound, Soon™.

I don't think anyone will need to ask around to find out when (and I'm convinced it's when, not if) Fleet Southbound goes live. I'll be disappointed if any of the following don't happen: interruption of 24hr news to bring live coverage of the first car to successfully charge, Fleet trending on Twitter, beacons lit across the south of England and announcement of a public holiday to mark the occasion.

Supercharger openings sometimes cluster around month/quarter end dates so perhaps we will see some more sites going live, including Fleet Southbound, Soon™.
Maybe it’s the site that @PB1975 is going to livestream the opening of…

I can imagine it now

“20ft scissors cut the ribbon… Oooo the stalls are now illuminated Tesla Red… the charge handle RF button has opened the charge port door… plug into socket connection is made… we can hear the audible satisfaction of the relays clicking in the transformer cabinets…. Charge port light FLASHING BLUE….. ladies and gents..

we have green flashing charging light at Fleet Southbound!

Look at that Red Arrows fly past!”

• Funny
Reactions: Sean. and cezdoc

Port Solent feels a bit "destination" rather than "drop in to top up on the way somewhere else" with its limited access slip roads at J12 and then trek around the marina to get to the back.
The Design and Access Statement gives a good explanation of the rationale for choosing the site - the first constraint is proximity to a Point of Access for grid power, followed by sites with existing car parking and amenities. On balance it looks like a pretty good location given all the constraints in the area (and lack of rapid charging hubs). It also indicates this is intended to be a V4 site with both Superchargers and destination chargers open to non-Tesla vehicles.

This corresponds to Tesla's Portsmouth - West map marker, target opening Q1 2024. They haven't updated the markers since February but compared to previous years it seems many more proposed sites are now becoming a reality.

Planning Ref 23/00732/FUL on the Portsmouth City Council planning website (the Twitter link didn't work for me)

The Design and Access Statement gives a good explanation of the rationale for choosing the site - the first constraint is proximity to a Point of Access for grid power, followed by sites with existing car parking and amenities. On balance it looks like a pretty good location given all the constraints in the area (and lack of rapid charging hubs). It also indicates this is intended to be a V4 site with both Superchargers and destination chargers open to non-Tesla vehicles.

This corresponds to Tesla's Portsmouth - West map marker, target opening Q1 2024. They haven't updated the markers since February but compared to previous years it seems many more proposed sites are now becoming a reality.

Planning Ref 23/00732/FUL on the Portsmouth City Council planning website (the Twitter link didn't work for me)
What proportion of new sites being opened are open to all does anyone know?
Is Tesla's strategy, to avoid annoying owners, not to open up too many existing ones in the UK where queuing behind ID's taking up two spots would annoy people but instead just make new ones open to all?
I mean you can't be mad about a charger that was not there when you bought the car now being available can you? even if you have to share it's still a net gain not a net loss.

Reactions: petit_bateau