Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1083.JPG
NEW: 8 bays under construction at Old Thorns Hotel just off the A3 at Liphook

Last edited:
Reactions: WannabeOwner
Looks like they've added more stations to the map, including Brighton etc...

I wonder if these are the new "Urban Superchargers" (72kw ones) - this would be in line with the comment that they are going to push for 40 new superchargers in the UK by the end of 2018 (probably mostly urban/city ones). Still, it's all good news.

McDonalds Highland Hotel

Not on Tesla's website as yet ... that caused me to do a recce:

Tesla site is showing some as "Coming soon" which were not there "some time ago" (can't remember when I took my previous copy)

Brighton
Derby
Dorchester
Gloucester
Hull
Ipswich
Perth
Ross-on-Wye
Stirling

Supercharger Info has the follow as in construction ... are the really old ones real?
21-Sep Fleet Welcome Break Southbound, M328-Aug Membury Welcome Break Eastbound, M4 Hungerford30-Jul Scotch Corner Holiday Inn Darlington - A1 & A6618-Jun Tebay Services Westmorland Place Southbound Orton18-Jun Welcome break northbound Keele / Stoke-on-Trent M622-May Welcome Break Burtonwood, M6221-May Welcome Break Membury Services Westbound M4 Hungerford21-May Welcome Break Telford M5406-May Welcome Break Fleet Northbound, M321-Mar Brighouse Southbound 24-25 M6221-Mar Brighouse Northbound 24-25 M62

[TR1] [/TR1]
[TR2] [/TR2]
[TR1] [/TR1]
[TR2] [/TR2]
[TR1] [/TR1]
[TR2] [/TR2]
[TR1] [/TR1]
[TR2] [/TR2]
[TR1] [/TR1]
[TR2] [/TR2]
[TR1] [/TR1]
[TR][/tr]

I think the old ones, e.g. Crawley, are probably better described as inspirational rather than real.

The new ones, e.g Ipswich and Brighton have a target date of end of 2018 so I’m taking the whole shooting match as inspirational until groundworks and boxes are reported on site somewhere

There’s no doubt they are ramping up the installations, and not just here, Europe is seeing an expansion too.

It’s very frustrating when a site seems complete, e.g. Fleet north has looked ready for pretty much the whole summer and was rumoured to go live last week. It didn’t.

Mind you it’s not just Tesla. There’s a new Chargemaster/Polar two post installation near me that is showing as live on the map, but has been fenced off for least the last two months. My enquiries as to what the hold up is has drawn a blank.

Exciting times though!

Not on Tesla's website as yet ... that caused me to do a recce:

Tesla site is showing some as "Coming soon" which were not there "some time ago" (can't remember when I took my previous copy)
Yes, the "new for 2018" pins appeared two weeks ago. I keep a watch on stuff up north and pins in the Perth and Stirling area have appeared in the past (at one time Tesla kept it vague by just showing them on maps but now they attribute specific locations to each pin) so as DJP31 says they could just be an aspiration. Note also that the extra Birmingham "coming soon" pin disappeared after the Hopwood Park expansion came online.

Supercharger Info has the follow as in construction ... are the really old ones real?
Yes: all of the sites under construction on supercharge.info are real - photos of each site have been posted on the Supercharger app. At present they haven't added Liphook although I'm sure they have been provided with the location information. Delays are apparently related to getting connection to the grid and/or agreeing wayleaves with landowners.

Stoke-on-Trent - Northbound appears to have 6 of 8 chargers live (a few people have posted photos of their cars charging) although at time of writing it isn't appearing on the in-car Nav or Tesla.com. Tesla.com is lagging behind a bit - usually they update the website within a few hours of a site going live but Aviemore isn't on there yet despite appearing on the Nav yesterday morning.

Stoke-on-Trent - Northbound appears to have 6 of 8 chargers live (a few people have posted photos of their cars charging) although at time of writing it isn't appearing on the in-car Nav or Tesla.com. Tesla.com is lagging behind a bit - usually they update the website within a few hours of a site going live but Aviemore isn't on there yet despite appearing on the Nav yesterday morning.

Usually the nav is the most accurate source; tesla.com seems to get updated manually and is often a few days behind. Forums/supercharge.info can sometimes be optimistic: there have been cases of people successfully getting a charge and declaring it "open" while not officially shown, when in fact Tesla was still testing and ended up switching everything off again because some detail was not right.

HULL!!!! Amazing if that's true. However, when you zoom in on the pin it looks to be in someones house in a heavily populated residential area! So I'm guessing they've not finalised the location yet......roll on 2018!