Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why on earth would you pay 3x Supercharger prices for the same thing?
If you signed up to Elli you may be paying under 30p, I pay 31p but not only that, I am trying to charge without Superchargers at the moment to see if another make could be viable for us, at the moment I’ve had some waiting around, plenty of chargers not working but nothing awful, still don’t think I could run anything other than Tesla though I’m keeping an open mind…

If you signed up to Elli you may be paying under 30p, I pay 31p but not only that, I am trying to charge without Superchargers at the moment to see if another make could be viable for us, at the moment I’ve had some waiting around, plenty of chargers not working but nothing awful, still don’t think I could run anything other than Tesla though I’m keeping an open mind…
95% of my charging is done using Elli, Costs per KW - Shell, BP Pulse, Osprey £0.35p - Ionity £0.28p and the monthly charge of £12.99
Used 600 KWH last month so adds approx £0.02 to the per KW rate, normally use around 800 KWH but was a quiet month

Works well for me and still use Superchargers if nearby and not at peak rates etc.

Reactions: m3gt2 and Dat37863
Broxden
20230705_102211.jpg
Perth today. Not new superchargers as far as I could see but a solar covered roofed area for new chargers in the process of being built.
20230705_102829.jpg

Broxden View attachment 953425Perth today. Not new superchargers as far as I could see but a solar covered roofed area for new chargers in the process of being built.View attachment 953424
The canopy has been there for a while; IIRC at one point there were charge units underneath but May this year they've been removed again. Apparently work is ongoing and they are scheduled to be open in August/September. It's a good sized charging hub with a mix of rapids and AC posts although the rapids are 50kW so slow by modern hub standards.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
The canopy has been there for a while; IIRC at one point there were charge units underneath but May this year they've been removed again. Apparently work is ongoing and they are scheduled to be open in August/September. It's a good sized charging hub with a mix of rapids and AC posts although the rapids are 50kW so slow by modern hub standards.
50kw is ridiculous for that new development. Broxden has been a mess for months now to non Teslas . The Ionity site at the other side of Perth is a god send to the non tesla brigade.

50kw is ridiculous for that new development. Broxden has been a mess for months now to non Teslas . The Ionity site at the other side of Perth is a god send to the non tesla brigade.

I agree, I was there a few weeks ago, and there was a couple struggling to get their Leaf charging on the few working chargers there. By the time I left, they still hadn't managed to get a charge.
At least at the Ionity site there's a Starbucks across the car park, at Broxden there's not a lot other than a McDonalds up the hill. I sometimes skip the Supercharger and use Ionity as I can get a drink and Ionity are just as quick as the v2 Superchargers.

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN
I agree, I was there a few weeks ago, and there was a couple struggling to get their Leaf charging on the few working chargers there. By the time I left, they still hadn't managed to get a charge.
At least at the Ionity site there's a Starbucks across the car park, at Broxden there's not a lot other than a McDonalds up the hill. I sometimes skip the Supercharger and use Ionity as I can get a drink and Ionity are just as quick as the v2 Superchargers.
but almost twice expensive

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN
How!?

Because all the laces I see are £0.75 per kwh.. even their app shows the same... and there are instavolts at same price range in vicinity...

On the other hand the charge point charger at EVpoint near me shows 0.65 as charging price, but with Octopus Electroverse it is 0.37!!

How!?

Because all the laces I see are £0.75 per kwh.. even their app shows the same... and there are instavolts at same price range in vicinity...

On the other hand the charge point charger at EVpoint near me shows 0.65 as charging price, but with Octopus Electroverse it is 0.37!!
Current prices through car-based contract which is a 1+1+1 year contract included with the car. As I said in my earlier post; Ionity pricing depends very much on what contract (and time) you are grandfathered into the particular scheme.

Its quite unlike Tesla where there are basically two price structures (or three if you have free supercharging)