Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I’ve been to Rugby about 8 times in the last 12 months, usually between 4-6pm and only had to queue once, and that’s when the new chargers were going in and a bunch of them were unavailable.
Maybe I am just lucky but never had to queue once at Rugby.:cool:

Yes I do frequent them through the night aswel..🤣
Rugby1.JPG

Reactions: petit_bateau
there are queues at rugby but they are not like the lines that can form at South Mimms. They move very quickly and they are very sporadic. You can get there and there be 4 cars waiting but by the time you leave there are only 4 cars left charging.

I’ve personally never queued but I have been there where every single stall that worked (*cough* grid serve) was occupied bar one.

I’ve also turned up during the day and the place was deserted.

Interesting. I’ve been to Rugby about 8 times in the last 12 months, usually between 4-6pm and only had to queue once, and that’s when the new chargers were going in and a bunch of them were unavailable.
Rugby is a victim of its own sucess. Most motorway charging (non Tesla particularly) is woefull so people graduate towards Rugby knowing it has a large bank of reliable changers and hey presto queues. I have not queued but have bypassed because it was showing full. Got home on 4% in the end so worked out😁

Rugby is a victim of its own sucess. Most motorway charging (non Tesla particularly) is woefull so people graduate towards Rugby knowing it has a large bank of reliable changers and hey presto queues. I have not queued but have bypassed because it was showing full. Got home on 4% in the end so worked out😁
There’s nothing quite like the thrill of approaching your home charger with range predictions in the single digits 😁

Don’t get this excitement in an ICE car!

Rugby is showing as temporarily unavailable in the app at the moment and there's a comment on the Superchargers app that staff/contractors are on site to switch on the new stalls. It looks hopeful that the extra stalls will go live at some point today.
After being offline yesterday, Rugby is now reported as having 28 stalls total on the Tesla app (up from 12). [Edit: so new stalls have all been commissioned].

IMG_6303.jpg

Anyone got any insight as to when the extra stalls at Moto Rugby go live?
Going down at weekend peak times, and really hoping to not queue or will try and make it to Northampton/MK
Just to confirm having just visited the whole place is live and zero queues today at midday on a busy bank holiday. Gridserve on the other hand was busy and had staff on hand to manage queues. Only issue I could forsee is people blocking the Tesla chargers waiting for a Gridserve
IMG_0854.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like it’s an similar set up to Blyth services. Both gridserve and Tesla should be installed at same time! Anyone passing could get some pictures and see? Started building works about a month ago!
Does anyone have any further info on Tamworth? There's a large gap in Superchargers on the M42/M1 between Hopwood Park and Mansfield. Tamworth is around halfway on our regular trip between Bristol and Leeds, and would be the perfect place to stop for us 🙏🤞

• Disagree
Reactions: M3P_W8
Does anyone have any further info on Tamworth? There's a large gap in Superchargers on the M42/M1 between Hopwood Park and Mansfield. Tamworth is around halfway on our regular trip between Bristol and Leeds, and would be the perfect place to stop for us 🙏🤞
The Tesla pin is on the MOTO motorway service area, although that’s not a guarantee that it’s going to be there. It’s one of the many service areas across the UK that has been allocated money on the Green Recovery Scheme to reinforce the power supply for EV charging and other things, £1.87m in this case.

The cash is available but hardly any of the reinforcement work across the country have been completed so far, so it’s likely that it’s waiting on the local electricity distributor (DNO). I read recently on another forum that one location has been done and a small number have been delayed due to planning type issues, but there’s nothing delaying the rest apart from the work needs to be planned & resourced.

At the moment EV charging companies are falling over themselves to get chargers out there, but without adequate power they can’t. Charging on motorways is simply terrible in general. Every service area is supposed to have at least 6 fast chargers before the end of the year, but it’s going to miss that target by miles.

Video from EVA England showing that the contactless reader is active on the V4 Supercharger at Tottenham Service Centre
This is epic, thanks for sharing. Really interesting to see it in the UK.

I actually made a brief video for anyone who wasn't really aware of the news to find out a bit more about the machines, my thoughts on the design etc

This is epic, thanks for sharing. Really interesting to see it in the UK.

I actually made a brief video for anyone who wasn't really aware of the news to find out a bit more about the machines, my thoughts on the design etc

Imo having the perpendicular to car stand is great - if Tesla are planning to open up it means no blocking from etrons or taycans anymore as the cable can easily reach to the other side.

Haven't seen one in person though.. just going off the thumbnail