Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Banbury is currently showing a spanner icon but it also shows 9 of 12 available so does that mean that upto 3 of the 12 are broken ( some could be in use)
It's just it seems odd to even bother showing a spanner if most of the chargers are still available.

Screenshot_20231110_083656_Tesla.jpg

Edit
I see now it is listing 8 stalls as out of order

Screenshot_20231110_085159_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc
Construction of gridserve in Stevenage has begun. Plans show 8x Tesla chargers as well as least 26 gridserve chsrgers

Planned opening late '24

A post on another forum alerted me that the Stevenage plans have been revised to include only 4x supercharger stalls (which also seems to be the case at Gatwick). Still good to see Gridserve making progress. (Planning link is on the thread wikipost - search for Stevenage in the post; the revised plan ref is 23/00783/NMA).

1699606257966.png

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan
Gridserve are on a massive push, I reckon they are trying to be the biggest in UK. Also just opened 8 in Lincoln and with these double tie up sites with Tesla I think they are being very clever and Tesla are dropping the ball.
Gridserve and the rest. Instavolt and BP Pulse already have more rapids than Tesla. MFG and Osprey also pushing hard. There are a good half a dozen or more networks aiming to be the biggest.

Gridserve are on a massive push, I reckon they are trying to be the biggest in UK. Also just opened 8 in Lincoln and with these double tie up sites with Tesla I think they are being very clever and Tesla are dropping the ball.
Dropping the ball? 17 new sites and 5 expansions with 254 stalls this year (assuming my adding up is right) and a host of other sites ready or thereabouts with up to 200 stalls. Theoretically knocking on 500 stalls by the end of the year but that is subject to UK power networks doing their bit which might be a big ask but ”dropping the ball” - I don’t think so.

Dropping the ball? 17 new sites and 5 expansions with 254 stalls this year (assuming my adding up is right) and a host of other sites ready or thereabouts with up to 200 stalls. Theoretically knocking on 500 stalls by the end of the year but that is subject to UK power networks doing their bit which might be a big ask but ”dropping the ball” - I don’t think so.
Dropping the ball is what Gridserve did at their expansion in Exeter. Tesla expansion to 32 bays was a doddle by comparison.

Gridserve and the rest. Instavolt and BP Pulse already have more rapids than Tesla. MFG and Osprey also pushing hard. There are a good half a dozen or more networks aiming to be the biggest.
Like with like though…

- a ton of the Osprey network is still at 75 kW charge points. There aren’t that many Kempower 150 & 300 kW enabled sites.
- Instavolt outside of the pairs of rubbish 200A- limited BYD twins at McD and Costa have again a handful of ultrafast hubs > 6 charge points

MFG look good, nice charge points those with Alpitronic HYCs in play. Not the cheapest though.

This. I’d wager it’s V4 and will be an open to all site.

I was there earlier today and no sign of any tombstones yet.
Agree. I did a count up of UK sites currently in construction / being upgraded and 7 out of 8 will be V4 once they’re complete and energised. Bringing another 71 V4 stalls to the existing total of 34.

So fairly soon there will be 37 sites open to non-Tesla, with 402 stalls. Of these sites 10 will have v4 in place with 105 pedestals. Pretty good since the first in August.

Reactions: cezdoc