Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Lincolnshire wolds are actually quite nice…
Starting in the '80s, I ran a company where I regularly visited the Humber Bank from Immingham & Killingholme to Stallingborough, staying overnight in Theddlethorpe, Grimsby...even Cleethorpes. This area has given me many happy memories and in no small part contributed the comfortable life I still enjoy.

...now back on track, does anyone have news about the long finished but idle stalls at Elveden?

I've heard a rumour that the Manchester North HQ site will "open" this Monday 15th. I don't know what "open" means in this case though - if it means anything at all. It could be first staff working onsite, or the site opens for customers, if so will the superchargers be available for use? Could be a total red herring, but if I have time I'll head over there and see what's going on.

20 including 4 pull through all V3 which fits with other Welcome Break expansions. Amazed this is just about complete and it’s only now being mentioned.
Was there last night, looking forward to these opening as i'm frequently travelling to Stansted 186 mile round trip, and in this weather my M3P only does 180 miles (roofrack sucks juice) at 100% - had to use the apple green chargers whilst available and worked, were pretty expensive for a splash and dash

Wokingham is showing in the car nav is completely offline, but I’m here and charging. Only getting 50KW after a long precondition, so likely just reduced speed/service.
IMG_1853.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc
Planning reference: Swale Borough Council 23/505424/FULL, submitted 28-Nov-23.
Approx. location coordinates: 51.305500, 0.902200 (in Macknade's car park).

Tesla previously had a "coming soon" map marker here which was removed last February. At the same time a new one appeared at Rainham, which might be connected, but it is well over 10 miles away (and not any help as a guide as its target opening is "Q3 2023").

Re Adderstone. I was watching Just buy a Tesla on YouTube recorded just before Christmas, the Adderstone tombstones were looking the worse for wear.. 2 appeared to be knocked over and one damaged.. it seems the trucks are reversing into them.
I was there last week and still no change. It's not the nicest of sites but perfectly placed for me so use it regularly. Definitely a case of trucks reversing from what i saw

I have written her
Actually my experience is that the east coast route actually works way better (Adderstone and Washington as two key points), with Gretna being a real weak point on the west coast. The new developments at Preston, Gretna and Hamilton are getting that sorted tho'
I have written here many times before about the main north east and northwest routes. They are inadequately served. Teesside, Sunderland and Newcastle are major areas of population. Cumbria , Scotland and Northumberland are major holiday destinations. None of these towns or holiday areas are properly served. The Major A19 has no SUC's the A66 and A69 have no suc's. Those that are near the areas are substandard ie Scotch Corner, Washington and Gretna. The only area worse served is SW London the M25 and the M3.

Re Adderstone. I was watching Just buy a Tesla on YouTube recorded just before Christmas, the Adderstone tombstones were looking the worse for wear.. 2 appeared to be knocked over and one damaged.. it seems the trucks are reversing into them.
Yep. Adderstone is an odd one. Used to be on and off all the time supply-wise and the location of the tombstones is bonkers. In a normal services where you’d reverse a truck into a bay with allocated slots, they seem to be facing a carpark which is an HGV free for all and is dark as hell too.

my views may be a little out of date as haven’t been for a couple of years but, whilst it was a very welcome addition to the network, it’s always been a weird site for sure.

Reactions: Garry TheBiz
Planning reference: Swale Borough Council 23/505424/FULL, submitted 28-Nov-23.
Approx. location coordinates: 51.305500, 0.902200 (in Macknade's car park).

Tesla previously had a "coming soon" map marker here which was removed last February. At the same time a new one appeared at Rainham, which might be connected, but it is well over 10 miles away (and not any help as a guide as its target opening is "Q3 2023").
The rainham one would come under Medway services J2 on M2.

No point them having the Medway services one and literally a mile down the road another supercharger in rainham. (That’s what I assume anyway)

J7 is a good 15-20 miles away so I imagine we can treat the 2 seperate.

Reactions: cezdoc