Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Tesla Owners UK a couple of hours ago (not sure when the original post by Bromley was though)

Bromley 'Press Release"

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1705956531862.jpg
    FB_IMG_1705956531862.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KennethS
Will get it added there. Also, any idea how to get it updated with this information on supercharge.info map - I note there forum link directs to here, so will they pick it up from the Restricted Sites thread?
At the moment we don't add pay to parking restrictions to supercharge,info map. This may change in the future but there are probably 1000+ like this in the world and keeping on top of them can be a nightmare and a simple pay to park flag might just be too simplest for loads of cases (pay but x time free if registering, etc) as seen in that restricted sites threads.

I'm sure we will look at that thread for information if/when we add more parking restriction functionality to the map.

BTW I added this one and another to that restricted parking wiki list it hasn't seemed to have been updated for ages and loads still missing from that list.

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc and Oxid8ter
At the moment we don't add pay to parking restrictions to supercharge,info map. This may change in the future but there are probably 1000+ like this in the world and keeping on top of them can be a nightmare and a simple pay to park flag might just be too simplest for loads of cases (pay but x time free if registering, etc) as seen in that restricted sites threads.

Certainly having incomplete or out-of-date info can be much worse than useless.

I recently parked/charged at a Source London point in Barnet tube station carpark. There was no signage, and Source London' website is useless - it says that most of their locations parking is included, but at off-street locations parking fees "may apply". So I checked ZapMap - entry says "Parking is included in charging fees". So I didn't pay for the parking.

£60 penalty notice and in rejecting my appeal (quoting ZapMap) they tell me that "the signage on site clearly states that you get 1-hour free charging." Well, for some definition of "clearly".

And to add insult to injury, when I decided to pay up for an easy life rather than challenging it further, they charged my card for the fee twice!

Because crime pays better and the police never catch them?
Sadly too true. Don't have to pay tax on dirty money.

I reckon they should put a "trickle" through the shielding, give them a nasty shock the minute their snippers pierce the rubber. I know the science doesn't work, but there is going to need to be a solution somewhere along the line.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Sadly too true. Don't have to pay tax on dirty money.

I reckon they should put a "trickle" through the shielding, give them a nasty shock the minute their snippers pierce the rubber. I know the science doesn't work, but there is going to need to be a solution somewhere along the line.
I could be wrong but I saw somewhere that the v4 chargers don’t contain as much copper and therefore not attractive enough to be stolen.

Reactions: AnthonyLR