Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla have updated their Findus map with a few new ones like far north of Scotland at Thurso.

Not sure who cares as it seems a bit pointless considering these pins they can be there for years (Brighton, Glasgow, Liverpool (to be more baffling there are now 2 in Liverpool) , etc) and still no sign of any progress and still distant dates. Not to mention random disappearing coming soons and others having no coming soon at all and just randomly appearing...and even in this update open ones like Medway back disappearing and back to a coming soon.

But someone might have fun dreaming there are some coming soon to there area.

Looks like Tesla have updated their Findus map with a few new ones like far north of Scotland at Thurso.

Not sure who cares as it seems a bit pointless considering these pins they can be there for years (Brighton, Glasgow, Liverpool (to be more baffling there are now 2 in Liverpool) , etc) and still no sign of any progress and still distant dates. Not to mention random disappearing coming soons and others having no coming soon at all and just randomly appearing...and even in this update open ones like Medway back disappearing and back to a coming soon.

oof.
Tamworth now showa opening in 2024. Without indicating any quarters...

That is useful:)

Last edited:

It's been over a year since the UK "coming soon" markers were last updated and I for one have been looking forward to Tesla's map marker horoscope predictions! Many of the markers over the last year have turned into real sites so it's not all speculation - for me trying to guess which are more likely and which are just wishful misdirection provides some entertainment.

I see that Ipswich is now open to all too - no surprise as it is a V4 site.
Despite the webpage refreshes the Luton marker is still broken so it's still all a bit beta (no change there!).

A grey marker for the ROI has been added (returned?) for Cashel after a period of nothing being shown in Ireland, although the target date is 2025.

Reactions: CMc1
with the state of current ground works, I believe that matrix lights, FSD on UK will come to UK with full capability to drive in roundabouts, B roads and country lanes with auto reversing into by-pass pockets earlier than Tesla SC in Tamworth Moto services :D
You forgot Optimus to plug your supercharger cable in so you don’t have to get out when it’s raining.

Below is my analysis of the recent changes in Tesla's UK Find Us markers (https://www.tesla.com/findus).
There are some clear errors, for example Guildford and Washington N still have out of date 2023 target opening dates and Medway (Q4 2024) is already open.
Excluding Medway there are six new pins, some of which have been on previous iterations of the map but then disappeared.
Gone (for now) are Inverness - East, St Albans, Stanstead and Stratford. Superchargers are included in the plans for a new St Albans service centre though.
Tesla may tidy up the clear errors in the coming days, e.g. restore Medway Eastbound and Westbound.

For the record, Ireland now has a coming soon marker at Cashel (which has been shown in the past IIRC).

There are now 37 UK grey pins (including already-open Medway):
1710264072079.png

These are the pins that have been removed:
1710264130178.png

And here's a breakdown by region (also including Medway for the time being):
1710264182676.png

Fraddon (Cornwall) is now allegedly open.

They are V4s so will be open to all in a few days.
Allegedly is the operative word. I noticed the photos posted on the TOUK FB group did a good job of showing off a Model 3 with some custom body kit and an, ahem, illegally spaced, number plate plugged into a charger, but the tombstones weren't obviously lit and no picture of the dash showing a charge in progress or a lit charge port was available. As of this morning I haven't seen any definitive evidence that Fraddon is live.

That said, the covers have been removed so something appears to be happening.

Allegedly is the operative word. I noticed the photos posted on the TOUK FB group did a good job of showing off a Model 3 with some custom body kit and an, ahem, illegally spaced, number plate plugged into a charger, but the tombstones weren't obviously lit and no picture of the dash showing a charge in progress or a lit charge port was available. As of this morning I haven't seen any definitive evidence that Fraddon is live.

That said, the covers have been removed so something appears to be happening.
For avoidance of doubt I should add that the charge cable was plugged into the charge port, not the number plate 😂

• Funny
Reactions: JupiterMan and arg

A couple of weeks ago there were some photos of Tesla equipment (looked like two charger cabinets and foundations for 8 stalls) at the Gloucester Southbound services as well - no groundworks visible but an area of the car park was fenced off which I reckon is at approx (51.818800, -2.224400). I don't think they've been publicly shared / tweeted though.