Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Highland Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

He’s replied and told me the branch he’s based in. Must be genuine then.

My guess is, it's someone on commission trying every trick they can think of to get sales.

They have probably noticed they can get customers to order and then bump their order back.

What he probably doesn't know is, what will happen when orders are bumped back to an "upgraded Model 3*.

There is little risk, as the deposit can be claimed back by citing distance selling regulations.

If it were me, I don't think I could be bothered.

I ordered the very first of the last "refreshed model 3", next time I'll give it a few months as the teething troubles were a very long list. Even the charge port didn't open properly as they hadn't finished the software for the new heated charge port.

"These will be getting delivered"

I can't see this being any official communication

Not sure Marketing would have phrased it like that ... but.

These reservation things have never been that successful

Lots of people placed a deposit for M3 on the night of the launch, and sat back and waited years - and then some more for the RHD.

I didn't.

When the UK order book actually opened I placed an order (very promptly, as it happens)

I had one of the very first M3s into the country ...

... I can reveal the trick: Order the most unpopular model (SR), in the most unpopular colour (White - was extras-cost, back then), from the site handling over the most cars per day (Heathrow) :)

HI, new here. Hope you are all doing well!
I've just reserved a Model 3 Highland RWD, will I buy it? Will depend on final price and finance rate. I have a Mokka e as my work car at the moment and a Volvo XC90 D5 R Design as the family car.

Having watched the latest RSymons video on Vision, and the fact they appear to have removed the front bumper camera from the spec, unless you don't want to actually park nose in anywhere I don't know why you'd put up with it, to be honest.

Spoiler: Reversing is pretty much ok, helped massively by the high quality camera. Parking nose in you might as well rub two prayer beads together.

parked in a station car park yesterday - lines at an angle, so my closest point to the back wall was my rear corner. Had to guess as the camera wasn't nearly as useful as a flat-on approach. Ended up miles off but was too scared to get closer. Camera either says stop way too early, or says nothing until you're too close.

I'm now getting out, walking to the back to see how much space, tutting and then shuffling back a foot like I'm incapable of parking..

Reactions: Durzel
Yes, yes, yes ... good grief, we know that well enough by now! But that does beg the question: Why are you following and contributing to this particular thread?
🤷‍♂️ ;):)

One small comment in a much longer post and possibly the OPs only time they have said it. Its not as if that’s all the post said.

As they say to theme park staff “you may have been asked the same question multiple times today, but it’s the first time that they have asked it” or in this case “you may have heard the same comment multiple times but it’s the first time they have made that comment”

Some irony in the comment “why are you following and contributing to this particular thread.”

Reactions: Hurricane and Type2
parked in a station car park yesterday - lines at an angle, so my closest point to the back wall was my rear corner. Had to guess as the camera wasn't nearly as useful as a flat-on approach. Ended up miles off but was too scared to get closer. Camera either says stop way too early, or says nothing until you're too close.

I'm now getting out, walking to the back to see how much space, tutting and then shuffling back a foot like I'm incapable of parking..
I can sympathise... what irks me when I hear people recounting stories like this is that some people tie themselves in knots to defend Tesla by making it a "don't you know how to drive?" thing.

For one thing I'm old enough to have witnessed cars getting bigger, with more and more impact protection that has served to make using ones mirrors and spatial awareness of the car extents a lot more challenging than it used to be. Back In My Day™ you were basically a single sheet of metal away from being outside of the car anyway, so you could easily work out where the extents were.

That is definitely not the case now - the rear window on a Model 3 at least is woeful in terms of seeing anything, so you're reliant on the mirrors and camera (which lags ever so slightly). The front - even I'll admit that I am not 100% comfortable about where I feel the front ends, and I'm guilty of using the parking sensors to somewhat casually do the last metre or so of work for me.

Secondly - we live in a world where these driver conveniences exist, and have done for many years, more than a decade in some cases. Cars that cost significantly less than Teslas come with them. Isn't the point of technology and progress to make driving less and less of a mental burden? If not, we might as well advocate for getting rid of electric windows, power steering, etc. "What's wrong, isn't your arm strong enough to wind it up and down?"

I found that RSymons vision update video shocking, but not surprising. When USS was first removed I remember watching this video that covered the issue at the front, namely that there is a 3ft blind spot that the front cameras can't see - so any park distance guidance is necessarily based on what the car "remembers" seeing as you drive towards it. If the car hasn't built up a complete 3D model of what's in front - no small feat for a camera - then it is not going to see things that would damage the car if you drove into them.

Unfortunately I'm a pragmatist - and people are buying these cars in great numbers in spite of these issues, so Tesla is not remotely motivated to do anything to fix this. Until such time as that changes, or the wider media starts criticising them consistently for it in reviews, etc - nothing is going to change.

Some irony in the comment “why are you following and contributing to this particular thread.”

Where's the irony? I'm interested in owning a Tesla, not just now, but in the future. So it seems that this is a thread worth following... because there is a possibility of me ordering one, if not now, in the future. Artiste is not interested in owning a Tesla in the future so I'm not sure what this thread has to offer him.

One small comment in a much longer post and possibly the OPs only time they have said it. Its not as if that’s all the post said.

As they say to theme park staff “you may have been asked the same question multiple times today, but it’s the first time that they have asked it” or in this case “you may have heard the same comment multiple times but it’s the first time they have made that comment”

I think you haven’t seen @Artiste previous post, good luck!

Yes, yes, yes ... good grief, we know that well enough by now! But that does beg the question: Why are you following and contributing to this particular thread?
🤷‍♂️ ;):)
As a Tesla owner of more than four years I’m perfectly entitled to comment on my direct experience of ownership. I find it baffling that you have a problem with that.
🤷‍♂️😏🙂

Last edited:
As a Tesla owner of more than four years I’m perfectly entitled to comment on my direct experience of ownership. I find it baffling that you have a problem with that.
🤷‍♂️😏🙂

Sure, but you've decided that Tesla will be your last. So why are you here commenting on a thread for a new version of the vehicle you've already decided you won't be owning. To troll, grouse and exude negative energy? ;)

So I’m not allowed to relate my experience just because I’m not going to buy the car? Only a fanboy, true believer or Tesla sycophant would describe my comments as trolling.

And only a troll would use such phrases. :p

You're allowed to comment, but you repeating your displeasure ad nauseam isn't really useful. In a way it's selfish, maybe a self-release for you I'm not really sure.

Last edited:
I think you haven’t seen @Artiste previous post, good luck!

Please do share.

The post that @Artiste was criticised for was their first in this thread and, having gone back to end of Aug posts, the first post that I can see any mention of this Tesla being their last.

All I see is someone with an negative opinion of how they feel that their car performs (which based upon many other similar posts is probably not an uncommon assessment), how they expect it to and taking to sounding out people that seem to see zero fault with how their car and the company perform. Which they are perfectly entitled to do and does not break any forum rules.

Reactions: Type2 and Hurricane
Mod comment:

A forum rule is to not make things personal. If we're going to have yet another thread about Highland, can we keep it to actual news and information about availability and ordering, as per the title, not whether the car's brilliant, the worst car ever made, or whether you'll ever buy a Tesla again or the Highland is a "must buy".

If you want to praise/moan about the Highland, we already have a thread for that where I suspect it's all been said before:

Reactions: Js1977