Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you really want to give up the full performance potential for the sake of wheel vanity? You could always fit some 19" wheels later or simply remove the aero caps for a more conventional look. Luckily I don't mind the aero wheels at all.

Don't like the look w/out the caps on, reminds me of a cheap Eurobox which has been cornered hard.

Happy to give up the *very* occasional opportunity to try for the 0.8s advantage for peace at home.

Reactions: ediflyer
I ordered a LR AWD and sent them an email last week asking to convert to the P- which is now almost the same price.

I just got an email saying my order has been modified. But on logging in and checking my order, it hasn't been modified at all. Still showing the LR AWD. Sigh...

"has been modified" usually means "we've submitted at ticket to Fremont". It takes between 3 and 21 days for the idol in Fremont to humour the wishes of its worshippers in Europe.

In other words, be patient. My initation ritual into the RWD LR sect also took a few weeks.

• Funny
Reactions: WannabeOwner
I ordered a LR AWD and sent them an email last week asking to convert to the P- which is now almost the same price.

I just got an email saying my order has been modified. But on logging in and checking my order, it hasn't been modified at all. Still showing the LR AWD. Sigh...

OK, I just got another followup email. My order has now been converted to:

Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance £48,590.00
(plus paint job, etc.)

Surprised to see the "Long Range" terminology still in there. This is confusing.

The AWDs (both the nerfed AWD and the unnerfed P-/P+) *are* actually also Long Range; that refers to the battery pack. That's a P-, whose full name is Long Range (battery) Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive (number of motors) Performance (peak power of rear engine for dual motor configs), at the official price.

This naming scheme is fairly consistent; in Germany that car is called "Maximale Reichweite Allradantrieb mit Dualmotor Performance" and in France "Grande Autonomie Transmission Intégrale Bimoteur Performance."

Last edited:
And that's fact and not opinion?

You've personally counted the VINs assigned and the RHD vehicles on Grand Dahlia and Grand Mark, and have access to the secret memos in Fremont?

Perhaps you can tell us what’s on the Grand Mark. There sure as hell seem to be no more LHD RWD LRs on that ship, but a lot of LHD SR+; the rest seems RHD but we'd like to know how many (because they're of no use to us ;-) ).

Maybe try quoting the whole post, that way you won't look so stupid as your points are already anticipated and addressed.

• Disagree
Reactions: sixela
Reservation 31/3/16
Order 1/5

Get the impression this only makes a difference if they have 1 car left on the boat, 2 orders, and capacity at the SC to do the prep and handover.

Thanks for sharing. Yeah, this not knowing is kind of a pain and pretty irritating but kind of exciting at the same time. Although, I still don't understand why they can't just give us a delivery date - even if it fluctuated by a couple of weeks.