Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent, thanks for the update.

I contacted customer services today and they reckon the the official M3 trade-in page will be up and linked to your account on Thursday. We will see.

I've been reading the threads about the referral code thing,how does that work then?

Thanks again guys

I've been reading the threads about the referral code thing,how does that work then?

All owners have referral codes, pick someone you know etc. and use theirs.

Gets you a some free supercharging provided you use it within 6 months (there is a Bonus at present which means you get more, provided you order before end of month), but unless you drive across Europe you are probably not going to be able to use it all up, and at best it [i.e. the Bonus Amount] is worth about £100 compared to charging at home, so not a huge deal.

The person who's code you use gets similar, and also entered into a draw for a car - including a Roadster ...

just sent you a PM to explain

Or you could explain it here for the benefit of all visitors, this is a forum after all ... that would also allow anyone else here to comment in response

EDIT: OK you did that too, apologies. Could have sworn I didn't see it originally ... must be going GaGa

Reactions: theoceanwaves
I believe the trade in valuation is valid for either 30 or 90 days on some literature.

From the trade in form completion page:

Once saved, Tesla will honor this offer for 30 days if the trade-in vehicle is free of major cosmetic and mechanical issues, has no history of any accidents, is drivable, and the odometer reading does not increase by 1,000 miles or more.

Actual offer will vary based upon market conditions, specifications, vehicle condition or other particular circumstances pertinent to this particular vehicle or the transaction or the parties to the transaction.

Reactions: theoceanwaves
No the tax you pay out of pocket, starting next year after you buy for 5 years. Not sure what happens if you sell it.

Its gone up from 310 to 320 per year in 2019. So not sure if they raise it again and if it will be retroactive... You never know with HMRC.

Interesting, I'll let you know what they come back with when i get my quote through.

Here's what my email says..... seems to contradict itself....

This trade-in offer is valid for 24 hours from the date below
08/05/2019

Trade-in date and maximum mileage:
The offer is based on trade-in within 90 days with a maximum additional mileage of 2.000miles per month.

No the tax you pay out of pocket, starting next year after you buy for 5 years. Not sure what happens if you sell it.

Its gone up from 310 to 320 per year in 2019. So not sure if they raise it again and if it will be retroactive... You never know with HMRC.

the "luxury car tax" is actually just an element of the normal VED (vehicle excise duty) so its treated the same. if you sell the car you get a refund from the start of the following month the same as you would with any element of VED.
As such its DFT/DVLA who administer it rather than HMRC though not sure if that will be in any way reassuring for you.
For the record it is also payable from the second licence rather than the second year. Obviously for most people that is the same but if you buy a car that is less than a year old it means you cop for it straight away not when it hits one year old. On the other hand whoever owns that car after 5 years gets a nice surprise when it ends sooner than they expect since it is only payable for a total of 5 years.
hope this helps