Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting - the order page still says June for new orders; they really should update if thats not accurate.

Kind of off-topic: has anybody with a pending order had any joy logging into the app? I was able to for a few days after ordering, but it now says “there are no products linked to your account”. Before I could see my lootbox and some model 3 orientation videos.

I have the same issue. Worked for a few days and now doesn't. Not sure what is going on.

• Informative
Reactions: smythey
It was enabled in error and will be re-enabled at the correct point in the order process.

I don’t think so; this is still showing in the order status page.

EF740F05-3311-4B62-A2AA-A81B7198E8A8.jpeg

Has the Tesla account for anyone who ordered a Model 3 in the UK been opened up to now allow selection of delivery location, payment method, registration details and trade-in details if applicable? I just went into my on-line account and am now able to add this information. Pretty sure this was not previously available for me to fill in. Don't want to get excited prematurely!

Has the Tesla account for anyone who ordered a Model 3 in the UK been opened up to now allow selection of delivery location, payment method, registration details and trade-in details if applicable? I just went into my on-line account and am now able to add this information. Pretty sure this was not previously available for me to fill in. Don't want to get excited prematurely!
Good spot Kenneth - yes...I have the same new sections in my Tesla Account page too...ooh, this is a good sign..! :)

That (allowing you to fill in details) happens a set time after your model becomes available in your market and when they expect enough volume to arrive. In my case that was a month before delivery.

Then when the ship nears the destination harbour a VIN gets assigned; sadly that is something you cannot see unless you phone in. I did, regularly (because the order confirmation price had issues), and got confirmation about 1 week before the Morning Cornelia arrived in Zeebrugge.

Then you will get a final invoice around the time the ship arrives. That does confirm a VIN from that ship was assigned. In Belgium Tesla will ask you who your insurance broker is, because they need to send the paperwork there (in Belgium the insurance broker registers the car with the government).

Then the ship gets offloaded and cars are dispatched to the delivery centre (usually takes a week or so). There they check whether the cars are in a deliverable state and only then (after 1-2 days) do you get a delivery appointment (usu roughly a week away) and does your insurance broker get the paperwork...that is done last so that if for some reason the VIN earlier assigned has a problem they can substitute a “spare VIN” from the ship (if you're lucky there's a matching one).

In your case I expect RHD vehicles to be on the Grand Phoenix that just left SFO. It seems to be filled to the brim and that's usually a sign that it's the first big delivery to a market. That would correspond to appointments made end of June and final deliveries around the first and second weeks of July.

The NOCC oceanic that should arrive earlier, i.e. next week, seems to have AWDs, RWDs and probably the first SR+ for continental Europe.

Last edited:
The trade-in offer for my part exchange just came through on my account (too embarrassing to list the junker that we are swapping out). I have 24 hours to accept the offer, which then remains valid for 30 days. Not trying to overthink this, but am I to assume they are expecting my Tesla to be ready for collection within 30 days?

That's standard boilerplate. Last time I got the same offer and there were not even delivery dates listed on the order page. I called them and they suggested I'd cancel the request and reopen it at a later date, when a VIN was assigned to the order (which gave me a the perfect excuse to call them whenever a ship with Teslas was scheduled to arrive in Zeebrugge within a week).

Don't sweat it about the 24 hours: you can always get a quote, and chances are that later you'll get the exact same offer. Just call Tesla and indicate that it's hard for you to accept the offer if they don't give you a more firm delivery date.

FWIW, in the end I had a much better offer for my car from a specialized company that auctions them for export ("wijkopenautos.be", but they don't operate in the UK). I guess it will be more difficult in the UK -- the cars they scoop up over here invariably end up in Eastern Europe, where RHD models are not that popular ;-).

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: -DB- and KennethS
Thanks, sixela, very helpful info again. In my zeal to keep moving forward I had already accepted the offer. If it expires before delivery of the Model 3, I will hope the next offer is the same or close. I might be able to squeeze a few extra pounds out of a private sale, but in my case it is a quite old car that I will be swapping out and the numbers are not sufficiently large to warrant the hassle of a private sale.

If you have accepted the offer but then they fail to deliver a vehicle in that timeframe then it's usually not a problem to have them extend the offer, going by what some of my compatriots experienced. But that's done locally (in contrast to the new vehicle delivery, which is more or less completely managed by Fremont), so it might differ from country to country.

The only thing to watch out for is the mileage you gave them. In Belgium there's 2000km of wiggle room but once you get above that, they will definitely make you a new offer and that might not be for the same amount.

If you have accepted the offer but then they fail to deliver a vehicle in that timeframe then it's usually not a problem to have them extend the offer, going by what some of my compatriots experienced. But that's done locally (in contrast to the new vehicle delivery, which is more or less completely managed by Fremont), so it might differ from country to country.

The only thing to watch out for is the mileage you gave them. In Belgium there's 2000km of wiggle room but once you get above that, they will definitely make you a new offer and that might not be for the same amount.

But you won't have chosen not to deliver the new car - totally within Tesla's control, so it can swallow the loss.

But you won't have chosen not to deliver the new car - totally within Tesla's control, so it can swallow the loss.

Just depends what you can negotiate, no different to any other car dealer when it comes to a trade-in. If the mileage goes beyond the agreed limit the value goes down regardless of why the trade-in didn't happen yet...

Reactions: goRt
In Ireland , we are right hand drive too, and we still can’t even place an order.

I didn’t realise that, i’m In the north and my closest Tesla centre is in Dublin so I’d assumed that’s where I would be collecting my car. Come to think of it the sales team that reached out to me was based in Edinburgh.

Has anyone in NI any experience of the delivery process? Am I likely to have to collect my M3 from Edinburgh?