Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of interest, do you know if they have the Model 3 on display at the Cribbs showroom at the moment?

Yes they do. A metallic grey dual motor AWD with 19 inch sport wheels. It’s a left hand drive version from Belgium apparently. It looks fine. I’ve been in a few times mainly to check the boot capacity to try and work out if it will be big enough for our family of 4 and associated paraphernalia on road trips into Europe. I’ve almost convinced myself that it will and that the benefits of zero emissions are considerably more important than the challenges of having to pack a bit lighter :D

Yes they do. A metallic grey dual motor AWD with 19 inch sport wheels. It’s a left hand drive version from Belgium apparently. It looks fine. I’ve been in a few times mainly to check the boot capacity to try and work out if it will be big enough for our family of 4 and associated paraphernalia on road trips into Europe. I’ve almost convinced myself that it will and that the benefits of zero emissions are considerably more important than the challenges of having to pack a bit lighter :D

Thanks.
I'm pretty close to putting a deposit down.
The only thing that's really stopped me from doing it already is the uncertainty of a delivery date. I need enough time to sell my current car, but not so much time that I'm without a car for 6 months! :)

Thanks.
The only thing that's really stopped me from doing it already is the uncertainty of a delivery date. I need enough time to sell my current car, but not so much time that I'm without a car for 6 months! :)

I’m almost there too. Just the capacity concern and fact that the model I wanted (LR AWD) no longer exists on the UK configurator. On delivery timing I’m more concerned that the website availability is accurate and it gets delivered in July. That’s too soon for me. Cribbs staff were advising Sept/Oct which would suit me better. Frankly though, I don’t think either they or the website have any idea what the actual dates are!

Thanks.

Likewise I'm working all of July and then out of the coucoun most of August so September would be much better for me. That's quite probably the last thing I need to settle and then I'll be all over it.

I’m almost there too. Just the capacity concern and fact that the model I wanted (LR AWD) no longer exists on the UK configurator.

Well, it does (kind of). It's just called "P" now, and they removed the software nerfing limiting the power to the rear motor.

That’s too soon for me.
Not really a problem. If you say you can't take delivery, they just give your VIN to someone else and stick a new VIN to your order when they find the same car on another later boat, and try again. Repeat ad nauseam. Well, they might ask you if you ever want the car after a couple of times, I guess, but I know no one who has "skipped a boat" more than twice.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
So my Order Agreement has disappeared from my Tesla account. I'm checking my account everyday and on tenterhooks to see whether anything changes and this has happened since yesterday... !

My booking invoice is still there I should add.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or anyone know what this means?

Yeah, that happens quite a lot. You can always beleaguer your Delivery Centre to find out what it was if you're still waiting for a VIN to be assigned, but other than that, the Fremont system spitting out these documents is rather weird.

I got a final invoice, and then I got a credit note for the entire amount one day before I was due to collect the car. They told me to ignore it, and when I told them that was technically impossible from an accounting point of view, they said "ignore it until we send you another invoice", and then all documents disappeared and my order agreement appeared again after I was delivered the vehicle.

So now I'm ignoring a credit note until an invoice arrives that will never materialise ;-). Might, after 90 days, phone the accounting division up to ask why my credit note was never settled just for fun and to spook them, though.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
So my Order Agreement has disappeared from my Tesla account. I'm checking my account everyday and on tenterhooks to see whether anything changes and this has happened since yesterday... !

My booking invoice is still there I should add.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or anyone know what this means?

Mine disappeared too. Around the time I received that automated SMS a few days ago. I had the PDF downloaded for my loan application so i’ll be cross referencing whenever a new one appears again!

Well, it does (kind of). It's just called "P" now, and they removed the software nerfing limiting the power to the rear motor.

Yes this is true (kind of). More power for sure. But a bit pricier than the LR AWD was originally. Slightly less range. No option for tow hitch (which I’d like for a towbar bike rack I already have). No option for 19 inch wheels (although I’ve now resolved to go 18 Aero with or without the covers). So I could go with the P- with the Aeros and the price would be there or thereabouts with the LR AWD with 19 inch wheels that I was originally going to order. Not sure how I’d transport the bikes though that’s not a deal breaker, they only rarely they make it onto the car anyway.

Not really a problem. If you say you can't take delivery, they just give your VIN to someone else and stick a new VIN to your order when they find the same car on another later boat, and try again. Repeat ad nauseam. Well, they might ask you if you ever want the car after a couple of times, I guess, but I know no one who has "skipped a boat" more than twice.

I see, that’s interesting and good to know, thanks.

Reactions: ediflyer
The "slightly lower range" of the P versus the AWD is an artefact of the exact wheels used in WLTP tests (which, since the P in Europe was sold exclusively with the Performance Upgrade Package, used the 20" Stiletto rims with more grippy tyres for the "P" numbers, and 18" rims with aero hubs and Michelin Primacy MXM 4 with less rolling resistance for the AWP).

I doubt they're going to redo WLTP tests for P- with 18" aero wheels, which is why you see the numbers you see. A manufacturer is always entitled to underestimate the range if he wants to ;-).

In recent EPA testing they tested P with 18" aero wheels as well, and the difference in range between P- and AWD with the same wheels is zero, zilch, nada, zip.

So if you want "as much range" as the AWD, just buy a P-. If you want less (but higher performance wheels) then buy a P+, a P with the Performance Upgrade Package.

You can also get 4% less range on motorways by getting rid of the aero hub caps, if the performance upgrade pack is too expensive ;-).

Incidentally, the WLTP numbers were slightly downgraded by Tesla in the marketing literature with respect to the WLTP tests, but one reason is that in Europe the cars tend to come with the slightly more grippy Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (not 4S) summer tyres, which have slightly more rolling resistance but better grip than the Primacy MXM4 all-season tyres.

Incidentally, the current "no 19" wheels" is because Tesla is severely production constrained on them and is trying to satisfy a bucketload of 19" orders in Europe, so the last thing they want is more people to order these, at least temporarily.

Last edited:
No option for tow hitch (which I’d like for a towbar bike rack I already have). No option for 19 inch wheels.

If you are not in a hurry you might want to hold fire as both these options will inevitably re-appear at some point on the P- spec once they catch up with production. Personally I like the 18" wheels for UK roads, but would like a tow bar for my bike rack too. I'm in the process of trying to cancel my original P+ order which is still dragging along at the original price of £59,300 (white/white and standard AP)

If you are not in a hurry you might want to hold fire as both these options will inevitably re-appear at some point on the P- spec once they catch up with production. Personally I like the 18" wheels for UK roads, but would like a tow bar for my bike rack too. I'm in the process of trying to cancel my original P+ order which is still dragging along at the original price of £59,300 (white/white and standard AP)
Darn - you have a 'Stormtrooper' white/white VIN assigned and you want to cancel? You're going to make someone _really_ happy ;-).

The "slightly lower range" of the P versus the AWD is an artefact of the exact wheels used in WLTP tests (which, since the P in Europe was sold exclusively with the Performance Upgrade Package, used the 20" Stiletto rims with more grippy tyres for the "P" numbers, and 18" rims with aero hubs and Michelin Primacy MXM 4 with less rolling resistance for the AWP).

I doubt they're going to redo WLTP tests for P- with 18" aero wheels, which is why you see the numbers you see. A manufacturer is always entitled to underestimate the range if he wants to ;-).

In recent EPA testing they tested P with 18" aero wheels as well, and the difference in range between P- and AWD with the same wheels is zero, zilch, nada, zip.

So if you want "as much range" as the AWD, just buy a P-. If you want less (but higher performance wheels) then buy a P+, a P with the Performance Upgrade Package.

You can also get 4% less range on motorways by getting rid of the aero hub caps, if the performance upgrade pack is too expensive ;-).

Incidentally, the WLTP numbers were slightly downgraded by Tesla in the marketing literature with respect to the WLTP tests, but one reason is that in Europe the cars tend to come with the slightly more grippy Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (not 4S) summer tyres, which have slightly more rolling resistance but better grip than the Primacy MXM4 all-season tyres.

Incidentally, the current "no 19" wheels" is because Tesla is severely production constrained on them and is trying to satisfy a bucketload of 19" orders in Europe, so the last thing they want is more people to order these, at least temporarily.

Really useful input, thanks. Your explanation of the AWD and P- range based on wheel size and tyres does make absolute sense.

On the 19s it would probably be right to assume that they may make a reappearance some time in the future.

Personally I like the 18" wheels for UK roads, but would like a tow bar for my bike rack too.
What exactly is the issue with adding a tow bar later? Yes Tesla says they cannot or will not add it later, but there are after market options for almost all makes and models out there... I was at automechanika in Birmingham earlier this week and there was a stand of a Polish company that made control boxes for most cars (including Teslas) for towbars...

Since the AWP and P are heavier and since some of the tyre options (esp. the 20") are close to the maximum ratings with just the car, the AWD and especially the P+ are tricky with respect to tow bar certification.

"After market options" do not change that: if you certificate of conformity of the car mentions a zero towing capacity, then it is simply illegal to install a tow bar to tow something (although having one for a bike rack is a different matter). Most aftermarket tow bar installers will refuse to fit a tow bar to a car with such a CoC.

Unless Tesla does all the heavy lifting to certify the P- for tow bar usage (which is risky given the optional upgrade to 20" wheels in the catalogue), it's not just a matter of "will it fit". They took their sweet time to certify tow bars for the RWD LR, and that car is lighter _and_ does not officially accept the 20" wheels; the towing weight is rather small too.

• Informative
Reactions: ediflyer