Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why the delay for the all the models now? Something must be up for the deliveries to jump
Toward the end of each financial quarter they focus production on "home-soil" deliveries to avoid ending a financial quarter with a bunch of inventory in transit, and maximise their delivery numbers. A car produced in Fremont on March 31st can be sold & delivered before the end of the quarter. A car on a ship to Europe doesn't count toward their numbers.

That means nothing much leaving Fremont after early March. From memory, international shipping normally resumes around a week into the new quarter, which after you've added on transport time means deliveries in May onwards (late April possibly).

How that's affects MIC deliveries, I'm not sure as that wasn't a thing when I was last closely tracking this stuff. Others may know better than me.

Reactions: Tesl@_MCS
Toward the end of each financial quarter they focus production on "home-soil" deliveries to avoid ending a financial quarter with a bunch of inventory in transit, and maximise their delivery numbers. A car produced in Fremont on March 31st can be sold & delivered before the end of the quarter. A car on a ship to Europe doesn't count toward their numbers.

That means nothing much leaving Fremont after early March. From memory, international shipping normally resumes around a week into the new quarter, which after you've added on transport time means deliveries in May onwards (late April possibly).

How that's affects MIC deliveries, I'm not sure as that wasn't a thing when I was last closely tracking this stuff. Others may know better than me.
Makes sense, never understood the numbers game companies play for quater end, year end, etc. I know its to do with stock prices and other financial implications but i guess not being a finance guy, its all alien to me lol.

Is it May already? HURRY UP!

Reactions: Jez_GB
Hi all! New member here, been lurking for the last couple of months...

Ordered my M3P in black with white interior at the end of December 2020, website originally showed March delivery but like others have been informed of a revised estimate of May so waiting impatiently!

Had a couple of phone calls a few weeks ago from sales trying to convince me to switch to a LR model but I'm holding out for the performance now.

Had my Andersen A2 installed back in January, switched over to Octopus Go last week so I'm all set, just need the car now!

Hi all! New member here, been lurking for the last couple of months...

Ordered my M3P in black with white interior at the end of December 2020, website originally showed March delivery but like others have been informed of a revised estimate of May so waiting impatiently!

Had a couple of phone calls a few weeks ago from sales trying to convince me to switch to a LR model but I'm holding out for the performance now.

Had my Andersen A2 installed back in January, switched over to Octopus Go last week so I'm all set, just need the car now!
Welcome to the club....I'm fairly new here too.

A few on here have had the call to switch to the LR so you are not alone, think they were trying to drive their numbers up before quater end.

My switch to Octopus is ongoing and will be completed by 19th March I was told, still need a smart meter installed so that could be a while.

Need to sort my Andersen A2 out too but been reading that the app is not smart enough to show different tariffs for different times of charging. That would be useful if they could introduce that feature.

Welcome to the club....I'm fairly new here too.

A few on here have had the call to switch to the LR so you are not alone, think they were trying to drive their numbers up before quater end.

My switch to Octopus is ongoing and will be completed by 19th March I was told, still need a smart meter installed so that could be a while.

Need to sort my Andersen A2 out too but been reading that the app is not smart enough to show different tariffs for different times of charging. That would be useful if they could introduce that feature.
The whole process wasn’t too bad for me with Octopus, about 6 weeks from switch to going live on Octopus Go. I had to have my SMETS1 meters changed for SMETS2.

I’ve managed to set up the two tariffs in the Andersen app, there’s a toggle to enable off-peak cost and you can enter the start/end times and the off peak tariff cost there

The whole process wasn’t too bad for me with Octopus, about 6 weeks from switch to going live on Octopus Go. I had to have my SMETS1 meters changed for SMETS2.

I’ve managed to set up the two tariffs in the Andersen app, there’s a toggle to enable off-peak cost and you can enter the start/end times and the off peak tariff cost there
That must be new, I saw comments about the one tariff only but maybe they changed it recently, supurb!

Oh heck, I hope it doesn't take that long to install my meter.....I will be paying double for the electric! Fingers crossed!
Don't worry, I don't think my experience was typical. It seems the SMETS2 metres that I had fitted prior to switching to Octopus were faulty and it took the 6 months for them to figure this out (mainly coz they couldn't/wouldn't send someone to site to poke and prod). Once they agreed to swap them out I waited around 3 weeks for the appointment.

Don't worry, I don't think my experience was typical. It seems the SMETS2 metres that I had fitted prior to switching to Octopus were faulty and it took the 6 months for them to figure this out (mainly coz they couldn't/wouldn't send someone to site to poke and prod). Once they agreed to swap them out I waited around 3 weeks for the appointment.
Who did your original meter install? My gas meter from Bulb has never worked properly and still trying to get someone from Octopus to check it out since I switched.

Any one have any updates to their orders in the Tesla account or heard from Telsa directly? I'm hating the wait and I think I have watched every YouTube video on Telsa Model 3, some I have even watched for the second time! I'm hoping the shipment is early and can get our cars in April.....wishful thinking maybe!

Any one have any updates to their orders in the Tesla account or heard from Telsa directly? I'm hating the wait and I think I have watched every YouTube video on Telsa Model 3, some I have even watched for the second time! I'm hoping the shipment is early and can get our cars in April.....wishful thinking maybe!
I presume you are following the main sticky thread on orders and deliveries? Lots of up to date info there.

From everything I've read on this forum, I think an April delivery is very very unlikely.

My understanding is that Tesla are obsessed with selling all units in the same quarter that they are manufactured, For this reason, they manufacture for 'foreign' markets in the early part of the quarter so they can get them on ships and delivered within the same quater. The latter part of each quarter is dedicated to 'local' markets where they can get them delivered more quickly after manufacture.

If this is true, our Performance models will likely still be a bunch of parts at the moment waiting to get assembled in early April.

Its worth noting that to hit the mid/late May timeframe that Tesla have provided to some on here, the ship would need to leave Shanghai with our vehicles on board in mid/late April which would also fit with what I've said above.

• Informative
Reactions: Tesl@_MCS
From everything I've read on this forum, I think an April delivery is very very unlikely.

My understanding is that Tesla are obsessed with selling all units in the same quarter that they are manufactured, For this reason, they manufacture for 'foreign' markets in the early part of the quarter so they can get them on ships and delivered within the same quater. The latter part of each quarter is dedicated to 'local' markets where they can get them delivered more quickly after manufacture.

If this is true, our Performance models will likely still be a bunch of parts at the moment waiting to get assembled in early April.

Its worth noting that to hit the mid/late May timeframe that Tesla have provided to some on here, the ship would need to leave Shanghai with our vehicles on board in mid/late April which would also fit with what I've said above.
Oh man.....you have just made my happy Friday a sad one (not you directly of course).

Guess I will have to sit tight until May

I've been sortof toying with the idea of chopping in my MY20 M3P for a MY21 one. Have had a pretty decent trade in price from Tesla (£54,000), so would cost me between £7,990 - £14,790 (depending on whether I got FSD again) to upgrade.

The only issue I've got is that my trade in estimate is valid until 15/03, and is valid for 60 days after it is confirmed. After 60 days it gets reappraised. So, assuming I ordered as late as possible - 14/03, I'd have a deadline of 13/05 to get the new car.

If the MIC M3P turned up after that date I could find myself having to fund a shortfall of however many £'s between the original appraisal and the new one, on the assumption that it would have reduced in those 2 months. Tesla confirmed to me on the phone that this 60 days is immutable - i.e. it wouldn't matter if I'd accepted an offer and placed an order, actually paying for the car and collecting it is what counts.

It sounds as if it's more likely to be mid/late May than early May, so I might be screwed if I took the gamble with the £100 non-refundable order...

Status
Not open for further replies.