Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s insane! The M3P has just gone up £3k in the UK, yet went down €3.5k in Germany last month. Now it’s £13k more than a LR in UK. It’s just €5k (£4.4K) more than a LR in Germany. Looks like our Irish friends have escaped the price hike. Thanks Brexit.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Well done to those who have ordered...it seems Tesla have increased the cost of the performance by 3K!

Wow - you are right! Just looked, it doesn’t appear that anything has changed with the spec, the car is exactly the same. Seems very odd to switch to MIC, keep the car spec the same and increase price by £3k ! Any idea if any other European countries have increased the price of their performance models ?

That’s insane! The M3P has just gone up £3k in the UK, yet went down €3.5k in Germany last month. Now it’s £13k more than a LR in UK. It’s just €5k (£4.4K) more than a LR in Germany. Looks like our Irish friends have escaped the price hike. Thanks Brexit.

The company I work for imports machines and there are no increases to price due to Brexit. There is also no currency argument (see below), in fact quite the opposite! This is very odd !

D290E813-5F44-4E6A-94FF-3E8DB92D94D4.jpeg

It doesn’t make sense. Ireland has the same car as UK but no price hike. LR is now MIC but no price hike in UK (maybe Tesla covering additional cost to keep it under £50k for government grant). But why hasn’t SR+ increased a bit?

Well done to those who have ordered...it seems Tesla have increased the cost of the performance by 3K!

Ouch!

Thanks for the heads-up. Imediately headed to Tesla chat to get confirmation that my existing M3P order (M3P / MSM / White) would remain at the price it was when I ordered. I got the following from them:

existing orders should not be affected but I'll double check yours
and:

Your order's in at the lower price
and when asked if they could confirm the order price would be fixed:

It should be fixed
Trying not to get too focussed on the word 'should'!....I guess that is as much as I can hope for right now but with May feeling like forever away, that is plenty of time for things to change!....I think I need to try and be 'glass half full', but Tesla don't make that easy!

.....An extra £3.5k would have tipped me over the edge back to the LR

Last edited:
Yep Tesla just confirmed to me on chat that old price can’t be honoured if you haven’t purchased. As a Tesla fan these pricing changes are truly not acceptable and really has destroyed the excitement I had for getting a Tesla.

Ouch!

Thanks for the heads-up. Imediately headed to Tesla chat to get confirmation that my existing M3P order (M3P / MSM / White) would remain at the price it was when I ordered. I got the following from them:

existing orders should not be affected but I'll double check yours
and:

Your order's in at the lower price
and when asked if they could confirm the order price would be fixed:

It should be fixed
Trying not to get too focussed on the word 'should'!....I guess that is as much as I can hope for right now but ith May feeling like forever away, that is plenty of time for things to change!....I think I need to try and be 'glass half full', but Tesla don't make that easy!

.....An extra £3.5k would have tipped me over the edge back to the LR

Thanks for the information, very helpful. Gotta love the fact they caveat their response with “Should !”

Yep Tesla just confirmed to me on chat that old price can’t be honoured if you haven’t purchased. As a Tesla fan these pricing changes are truly not acceptable and really has destroyed the excitement I had for getting a Tesla.
Don’t take this the wrong way but why would you think you could get the lower price for something because you were simply “thinking of buying soon, promise!”, with no actual commitment?

You could have put a deposit down and transferred the order over to a lease or whatever later in the process. I don’t think there are going to be any cars here before May now anyway, so there would’ve been plenty of time.

They really need to explain. This is not Brexit. Currency GBP vs USD has improved!

One thought that crossed my mind... have they caught wind that the UK government might improve the electric subsidy at the next budget in March - might even be included on all vehicles, regardless of cost? It would be outrageous to capitalise on this after the event... but doing this before, they could point to other issues. Just me being sceptical !!

They really need to explain. This is not Brexit. Currency GBP vs USD has improved!

One thought that crossed my mind... have they caught wind that the UK government might improve the electric subsidy at the next budget in March - might even be included on all vehicles, regardless of cost? It would be outrageous to capitalise on this after the event... but doing this before, they could point to other issues. Just me being sceptical !!
There’s no chance of the £50k cap being removed, nor arguably should it - no one “needs” a £50k Tesla, the grant is about getting the general population into EV cars that serve as replacements for ICE ones they would’ve otherwise bought.

I think there’s an above average change the grant goes down again by £500 (to £2500) and/or the threshold being lowered to £40k. With COVID I can’t see major concessions being made.

Reactions: Jez_GB and MrBadger
There’s no chance of the £50k cap being removed, nor arguably should it - no one “needs” a £50k Tesla, the grant is about getting the general population into EV cars that serve as replacements for ICE ones they would’ve otherwise bought.

I think there’s an above average change the grant goes down again by £500 (to £2500) and/or the threshold being lowered to £40k. With COVID I can’t see major concessions being made.

We will see - it’s all just speculation.

That is an interesting theory and would explain why the only M3 above the current threshold has increased in price by (more or less) the government grant amount. Would be a sneaky and disappointing move by Tesla if true.

I’m so gutted that didn’t get to place order in time at old price maybe it’s a mistake but I doubt it!

Tesla sometimes have a surplus stock of Performance cars left over coming up to the quarter’s end. They occasionally discount these for a quick sale from stock to get them sold before the end of the quarter. They don’t do it every quarter, but it is occasionally done.

I was going to order a LR, but when I saw the reduction on a Performance and realised that I could also make an extra £4K from buying my old ICE car out of its PCP deal and selling it privately, I ordered a discounted Performance from stock and 2 weeks later I was driving it. It was a £3k discount from list price.

Status
Not open for further replies.