Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grey with Black interior ordered mid December.

Asked the online support today and they said no VIN matched yet but they said they expected it to be soon.

Must have been an Irish person as they were called Kevin and closed off with “Not a bother” after I said a “thanks a million”. That or an amazing Bot! 😂 Made me laugh.
Excellent 😂😂
Be nice to have a few new M3Ps running around Ireland soon

Reactions: Peanut M3P
I called in at Tesla Nottingham yesterday to ask the sales advisor on what was happening with the M3Ps. He was very confident that they will be with us early June. He showed me my car on the the computer and confirmed that they were still awaiting a vin match.

If there was an issue with the M3Ps this quarter then they would be getting us to change to a LR by now...

Reactions: Jez_GB
Did everyone here test drive an M3P before ordering?

..... Just wondering if I'm on my own in never having driven one! Have always done so with previous car purchases but not this time. Clearly the pandemic made it difficult but that isn't really an excuse. I just decided that I want one (with red brake calipers and a stick on spoiler 😉)!

Reactions: Tezzela

..... Just wondering if I'm on my own in never having driven one! Have always done so with previous car purchases but not this time. Clearly the pandemic made it difficult but that isn't really an excuse. I just decided that I want one (with red brake calipers and a stick on spoiler 😉)!
Not on your own I didn’t have a test drive either. Although I didn’t have a test drive of my last one. 🙄

I’d never seen a model 3 in the flesh when I ordered mine. Seen a few since but never been in one. Just knew I wanted a model 3 and I wanted the performance version!!

I test drove the 2021 M3P back to back with an LR. 1 hour in each.

Was hoping it would make the decision between the two easier. It didn't. 🤣

I’d never seen a model 3 in the flesh when I ordered mine. Seen a few since but never been in one. Just knew I wanted a model 3 and I wanted the performance version!!
Don't feel quite so bad now! I sat and had a play in an M3 in a showroom somewhere in Texas on holiday a few months before the pandemic hit. That was enough for me to put a deposit down.

I test drove the 2021 M3P back to back with an LR. 1 hour in each.

Was hoping it would make the decision between the two easier. It didn't. 🤣

Well if the drive was comparable, then the on-paper performance benefit, uber turbine wheels, red calipers and ineffective stick on spoiler still tilts it in P's favour for me. :)

Reactions: M3Phil and btc1k

I have a Model 3 SR plus and believe me even that is rapid of the mark it feels a lot faster than just over 5 seconds. At the lights nothing has touched it. Lovely car to drive don’t be put off from buying one, saying that though I was a passenger in my mates M3P and it was like nothing I’ve ever been in -so I ordered one !!

Reactions: M3P_W8

I test drove a LR for 30 minutes then went back a couple of weeks later and got back to back drives of a M3P and a LR again, 30 minutes each. Both were locked in chill mode, so no real performance difference, but it allowed me to check I was OK with the 20'' wheels (even though I know I could have swopped them out) and lowered suspension. In fact it was the suspension differences that swung it for me as the M3P felt a bit less crashy over some surfaces - though maybe it was just psychological. From what I've read on the forums this really seems a car where loads of people buy them without test drives - I wonder how many regret the purchase for various reasons. I read quite a few posts where people are surprised over the firmness of the ride - though that obviously depends on what you're used to - I think it's welll sorted.

Reactions: M3P_W8
I’ve been lurking here for ages. I haven’t had anything to add until yesterday when I got a text from Tesla. I ordered in September last.

“Tesla Update - Congratulations! The wait is nearly over. Due to government health and safety guidelines, your Tesla will be delivered to your preferred address, such as your home or work. Please reply with your full delivery address (including Eircode) in order for us to schedule delivery of your Tesla. Your order reference is RN******* To opt of out SMS, reply STOP.”

I emailed them for a vin but nothing is assigned. they’re asking for a delivery address? They told me June. I’m in Ireland. I hope they will deliver soon.

PS when I ordered my M3P I was originally told December then February 21 for delivery. Then it went to May now it’s June 😳. Anyway I sold my model S in January expecting them to deliver on time. Now I’m still waiting. Should’ve known better having had a Tesla for a few years !!

Reactions: rgfsr
Status
Not open for further replies.