Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting frustrated with the lack of info, but full disclosure, I ordered an Etron Vorsprung last month to supplement the model 3P, they gave me an estimate delivery of Late August, put the order in incorrectly, with an interior option I didn't want, took a week to reply then cancelled the order and re-did it (all to replace volcanic ash trim with aluminium) then came back and said it will be some time in September, maybe October. I think all manufacturers are struggling with supply trains still. I've bought made to order Audis for years and the service has always been exceptional, it seems all over the place at the moment.
Most of the German manufacturers are tied into similar supply chain manufacturers and these are holding up the builds as i understand it, component deliveries are proving difficult and i dont think it will be long before the lines are full of chassis that cant be built.

My mate has a Macan on order since November last year which has gone back from April delivery to currently Mid July and to make matters worse he received zero communication for the entirety of lockdown until reopening last week and only got a response then because he threatened to cancel so there is no way Tesla are alone here, you would normally expect a second to none service from Porsche so they are not performing as normal either.

The guys i have been dealing with at Tesla have been really helpful and keeping us updated even if they dont know 100% where my order is, they are being very nice about it.

This is the issue for most, Tesla have their own chip foundries so according to our sales adviser this is actually a positive for them

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB
News hot from the Tesla team !!!!
Model 3 performance cars will be delivered to the UK end of May early June. So May still an outside chance. They will be matched to owners on who ordered 1st ( good news for Sarah). They are 100% from Shanghai
News hot from the Tesla team !!!!
Model 3 performance cars will be delivered to the UK end of May early June. So May still an outside chance. They will be matched to owners on who ordered 1st ( good news for Sarah). They are 100% from Shanghai
oh I do hope so :)

Allocation by order date - that's a new approach... and so fair... who'd have thought it!

So now everyone is trying to work out where they might sit in the queue. We are fairly sure that Sarah has the oldest order, but what about everyone else, I'm late December.... Go!

Of course this only works if Tesla have matched production and shipping order to customer orders - Ah, there's the rub :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tezzela
Allocation by order date - that's a new approach... and so fair... who'd have thought it!

So now everyone is trying to work out where they might sit in the queue. We are fairly sure that Sarah has the oldest order, but what about everyone else, I'm late December.... Go!

Of course this only works if Tesla have matched production and shipping order to customer orders - Ah, there's the rub :rolleyes:
Late December - but suspect lease company processed after Christmas - x2 M3Ps (wasn’t being greedy as they were originally 2 months apart)

Well this is passing some time for us all!!

• Funny
For what it's worth with allocation by order date - my order was placed December 31st
As i understand it each dealer is taking this approach and allocating their orders in a time based manner but they all have access to all of the cars at the same time.

So on that basis a dealer with only three orders could allocate an April order before a dealer with 30 orders gets through last December.

See before I joined this forum, I thought my 17th Jan order was early... but with people waiting since October, I don't think I am!! haha

These delays are all a bit odd.

Given the high profit margins on a P, you would certainly assume they would want to fulfil the orders, particularly given Tesla obsession with delivery numbers each quarter.

I wonder if the delivery delays are tied to the performance issues with the new battery. They could be holding back until fixed rather than delivering another batch? Who knows :rolleyes:

Reactions: M3Phil and Jez_GB
As i understand it each dealer is taking this approach and allocating their orders in a time based manner but they all have access to all of the cars at the same time.

So on that basis a dealer with only three orders could allocate an April order before a dealer with 30 orders gets through last December.

If I had a firework Tesla would Pee on it, if I had a bonfire Tesla would pee on it, if I had some chips Tesla would p.... you get the picture :rolleyes:

Given the high profit margins on a P, you would certainly assume they would want to fulfil the orders, particularly given Tesla obsession with delivery numbers each quarter.

I wonder if the delivery delays are tied to the performance issues with the new battery. They could be holding back until fixed rather than delivering another batch? Who knows :rolleyes:
Did you cancel or are you hanging on ?

Did you cancel or are you hanging on ?
I cancelled my P, going for an LR.

For me it's so marginal between the two (as the carwow tests showed), and then these well reported battery and performance issues combined with all the delays were the final decider for me.

Although I am following with interest and genuinely wish all you new P owners much enjoyment when they come 🙏 :)

We need a little list don’t we. Assuming I don’t change my mind between now and then, my order was Jan 9th and I’ve been told every time I ask that it’s a fairly early order and I can expect an early car, but of course that’s only if the factory saw fit to build a Midnight Silver with black interior.

“Who knows” just about sums the whole situation up for us all 😂

• Funny
Reactions: btc1k and Jez_GB
Status
Not open for further replies.